When I click the little square in the bottom right hand corner of a video, nothing happens. If I hold it for a second it says "fullscreen" but it doesn't go fullscreen.
    Also, if I double tap the video to go fullscreen, it zooms in so the screen is full of the video but it's not "fullscreen" like it used to be.

Anybody else having this issue?
    10-09-12 03:23 PM
    Clear out your cache and restart your PB; it happened to me, I did as I described, and no problems since.
    10-09-12 03:26 PM
    I did that before. Just did it again. Same problem.

Btw, the button to make the video widescreen does work, so do all the other buttons on the video.
    10-09-12 04:20 PM
    Also clear local storage in the browser. Is this from the browser or an app?
    10-09-12 04:24 PM
    I did click all buttons in the browser. This happens when viewing YouTube videos in the browser.
    10-09-12 05:02 PM
    I just tried this, holding the little square just shows the tooltip saying fullscreen, however a very quick tap on the icon does go to fullscreen for me. I was trying it on the YouTube website, maybe other sites that link to YouTube don't behave as well.
    10-09-12 05:21 PM
    Yes I can get the tooltip that says fullscreen with a longer press. But a quick press does nothing. Every other button/option works with a quick press. Wth? This is weird.
    10-09-12 05:48 PM
    Works on mine. Double tap or the button.
    10-09-12 05:56 PM
    Just tapped mine real quick and goes to full screen......
    10-09-12 05:59 PM
    Just checked keyboard settings as its related to input and only thing i could think of was feedback, mine is set to around 90% to the right but even sliding all the way left makes no difference, still works for me.
    10-09-12 06:22 PM
    What about getting someone else to try on your playbook. Could it be long fingernails or something? (I'm getting desperate for ideas now)
    10-09-12 06:25 PM
    Thanks for the help djenkins. I don't think its me not pressing it properly. I've been using my book since last christmas, and I can press the button right beside it and make it work every time. I appreciate the help. I was just wondering if others had a similar issue, it looks like they don't so I'll probably need to reload the OS, which I have done before for a different browser issue.

I had a little rant typed up here but deleted it. Argghhhh.
    10-09-12 06:50 PM
    Just double tapping the video is easier than trying to poke the little button.
    10-09-12 06:53 PM
    No problems using the double-tap in the browser to make a youtube video go fullscreen. And a tap on the little fullscreen button in the lower right corner of the video playback window makes it go fullscreen too. But KBZ is right, it is finicky... the doubletap is easier.

I think getting someone else to try is a good idea. Or call the RIM 1-800 # to ask for support.
    10-09-12 06:56 PM
    Double tapping only zooms it up to full screen. Using the button used to go full screen in a new window. The difference is that when its only zoomed full screen you can still slide your finger across the screen and move all around the page. My little girl watches tigger and a couple other toons on it and she's always touching the screen and moving it down the page now. before she could touch the screen and nothing would happen(except pause the vid, which she gets a kick out of, she's only 18 months old haha).

It's not really a big deal but it should not happen.
    10-09-12 06:58 PM
    No problems using the double-tap in the browser to make a youtube video go fullscreen. And a tap on the little fullscreen button in the lower right corner of the video playback window makes it go fullscreen too. But KBZ is right, it is finicky... the doubletap is easier.

I think getting someone else to try is a good idea. Or call the RIM 1-800 # to ask for support.
    Double tapping the vid does nothing. It used to go full screen but now, nothing happens.

That's why I said an OS reload will probably fix it, but I shouldn't have to do that, again.
    10-09-12 06:59 PM
    When I double tap the screen does not move all over.
    PatrickMJS and JWWDUKE like this.
    10-09-12 07:00 PM
    Have you tried Simple Browser in app world? I'm curious if you would get the same results. So after the double tap you don't get the "drag down from top to exit fullscreen" message?
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    10-09-12 07:05 PM
    Double tapping the vid does nothing. It used to go full screen but now, nothing happens.

That's why I said an OS reload will probably fix it, but I shouldn't have to do that, again.
    The double-tap works fine on all the OS 2.1 Playbooks I have and in my family (about 6). No one I know is having this problem. What do the people say on the RIM 1-800 #?

Did you ask someone else to try?
    10-09-12 07:18 PM
    If I do a double tap below the video it goes to full width and then I can move it around but that is not fully screen and gives the behavior you described of being able to scroll. If I double tap right in the middle of the video it goes true full screen and can't be moved around.
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    10-09-12 07:22 PM
    When I double tap the screen does not move all over.
    I agree with KBZ. The doubletap on a youtube video (and other online videos as well) works just fine on OS 2.1. As KBZ said, once it goes fullscreen, the website shouldn't "move around" like it does in the non-fullscreen browser window. So glad to hear your 18 month old has mastered the tap to pause and tap to resume. Must be quite the baby! Be careful not to get crunched cheerios in your speaker and microphone holes or into your usb, power & hdmi ports!!!
    kbz1960 and JWWDUKE like this.
    10-09-12 07:22 PM
    If I do a double tap below the video it goes to full width and then I can move it around but that is not fully screen and gives the behavior you described of being able to scroll. If I double tap right in the middle of the video it goes true full screen and can't be moved around.
    Yes the double tap is on the video not the page.
    10-09-12 07:34 PM
    I agree with KBZ. The doubletap on a youtube video (and other online videos as well) works just fine on OS 2.1. As KBZ said, once it goes fullscreen, the website shouldn't "move around" like it does in the non-fullscreen browser window. So glad to hear your 18 month old has mastered the tap to pause and tap to resume. Must be quite the baby! Be careful not to get crunched cheerios in your speaker and microphone holes or into your usb, power & hdmi ports!!!
    I'll watch out for the cheerios, haha. She loves them cheerios.

I just did a full "turn off" and let it sit a few minutes and then restarted it and everything is back to normal. Since the official 2.1 update I have done about 4 "restarts" but never a full "turn off". So I guess something just needed a reset and doing a restart didn't cut it. It need the full power off.

Thanks for the help and suggestions errrbody....
    10-09-12 07:41 PM
    I'm having the same problem too. Same for the new mobile version of youtube website when I set my user agent to iPad on Secure Browser Demo. And Desktop website does not go full screen video either.

Thanks for the solution in the last post. I'll definitely try that and let you guys know!
    10-15-12 08:22 PM
    me too. I can't fix it. what should I do?
    10-16-12 01:43 AM
27 12