I can sign in ok from my laptop and desktop using microsoft windows 7 but my playbook will not work on the Princess Cruises website. Has anyone else had this problem. My advisors claim it must be a princess cruise website problem but I am not sure of this.
    11-22-12 05:47 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

It probably is a web site sided error. Send the webmaster a note letting him know of the issue and volunteer to help test the solution.

The PlayBook can handle pretty much everything you throw at it, provided the site's code is solid.
    11-22-12 12:37 PM
    That happend to me in April. The lan team there is clueless. If you have a bb phone turn off mobile network, turn on wifi, turn on bluetooth. Log in with your phone and use the bridge to conntect the playbook to the web.
    11-22-12 12:47 PM
    I'd disagree. The native browser of the PB is not 100%. I've found that with complex web sites and with certain scripting it will fail. It doesn't surprise me that there are times when it will not log a person in or will not display a site correctly.
    11-23-12 12:44 AM
    I'd disagree. The native browser of the PB is not 100%. I've found that with complex web sites and with certain scripting it will fail. It doesn't surprise me that there are times when it will not log a person in or will not display a site correctly.

I don’t think that is the issue at all. As I recall, the main Princess Cruise web page loads properly on the PB, but that is it! You cannot get passed that page so you cannot put in your credentials really. So it just suspends on the log in page. Further, you are just wasting minutes trying to figure it out.
    For me, I connected and logged in using my phone no problems.Then used the bridge on the playbook FTW.

I would like to think that this issue is a security matter, as in Princess cannot hack into the PB

OP where are you cruising to?
    Tip: Once you are in port just follow the crew on shore leave. They know where all the local free hot spots are .
    Enjoy the escape
    11-23-12 07:27 AM
    hey Joyce,

I just went to the Princess Cruise website, created a new ID & password. I had no problem setting up the new ID and password.

Then I signed out and closed the browser. Went back in, tapped on the "login/register" button on their homepage; this brings up the login screen, I entered my login credentials then tapped "sign in" and boom, I was in, not one problem and I'm able to navigate around inside the website.

So, now we know this is NOT a problem caused by the stock PB browser (assuming you are using PB OS 2.1.0.1088.)

What exactly is it that happens when you try to login?
    11-23-12 10:11 AM
    I have no problem signing in to Celebrity Cruises. Perhaps you need to switch cruise lines?
    11-23-12 11:17 AM
    You guys know we are talking about "whiles on the cruise ship eh ?" ........As in on the high seas ....
    11-23-12 01:52 PM
    You guys know we are talking about "whiles on the cruise ship eh ?" ........As in on the high seas ....
    When I was on a cruise last year, internet access was described as being about the speed of dialup - and very very expensive per minute. There are no cell towers and all internet access is via satellite (i believe). The cost is so great that the cruise line itself cautioned users, suggesting that emails be composed offline and only connect when you wanted to send. During the cruise, I would have had no need to access the website - I'd have gone down to the purser's station or other customer service desks.
    11-23-12 02:40 PM