so i found this app from COMWAVE..

it's a voip app and it works alright.. UI is tiny and the voice is delayed like some voip stuff but it works okay..

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/52127/

posted cause i couldn't find a post on it already.. but it was a quick search so sorry if it was posted already.. just thought i'd share..
    muzeek and pickles#WP like this.
    10-04-12 03:52 PM
    Posted on extensively since last year. I have had Comwave myself for some time.
    10-05-12 12:38 AM
    i am using another sip client called Taki, but I cant get my Blackberry H-300 Bluetooth Headphone as the handfree mic, the bluetoth connects ok, but showing no available service
    10-05-12 04:40 AM
    I have ephone by Comwave also but for some reason I have been getting an error message when I dial out. "Contact your system administrator for assistance. " LOL I am at home.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-05-12 06:37 AM
    It's been around awhile. I have it on my playbook for an emergency service. It is tinny, wifi, sounding but it does function. If it sounded better I would actually use it! Ha, ha. Probably let it expire after 1st year and look for something better.
    10-05-12 06:49 AM
    Posted on extensively since last year. I have had Comwave myself for some time.
    Funny, I did a seaqrch for "Comwave" on this playbook forum and the only posts that came up were from this new thread. I'd be interested in reading the previous discussions. Can you please post a link?
    10-05-12 08:15 AM
    I see what you mean. Funny - this is the only thread that shows up! It might have been part of a discussion on another, wider, thread - but who knows what THAT was! Sorry...
    10-05-12 10:45 AM
    I see what you mean. Funny - this is the only thread that shows up! It might have been part of a discussion on another, wider, thread - but who knows what THAT was! Sorry...
    I just did a search on "comwave" (using the "Search Crackberry" box) and alot of matches came up.
    10-05-12 11:15 AM
    I just tried it out and it does work, has a little delay.

ePhone VoIP App With calling to almost 60 Countries | Comwave

Here is what is on the web page under the "ePhone FREE"
    Includes
    �A phone number
    �Free calling to USA & Canada
    �Free incoming calls
    �Free ePhone-2-ePhone calling worldwide
    �Available on the following devices:
    10-05-12 12:05 PM
    Yes, but that isn't on this forum; it's an outside link. I was responding to a post that said it had been discussed extensively here. It's clear now that no other thread exists on this forum.
    10-05-12 01:24 PM
    Funny, I did a seaqrch for "Comwave" on this playbook forum and the only posts that came up were from this new thread. I'd be interested in reading the previous discussions. Can you please post a link?
    Search doesn't seem to be working for anything posted prior to todays forum format change.
    10-05-12 01:35 PM
    Search doesn't seem to be working for anything posted prior to todays forum format change.
    Common problem when upgrading to vb4
    10-05-12 03:22 PM
    Thanks, you were right. Howver, today the search function is back so I've had the chance to learn more about Comwave. I downloaded it and its working really well on my home wifi network (cable). This weekend I'll try it out at Starbucks to see how it works on a slower network.

A lot of the posts refer to a free trial period but currently there is no mention of the free app being limited to a few days to try out. It appears that the app is free for those seeking calls made within North America and to North American numbers. Is this correct?
    Oblio8 likes this.
    10-06-12 09:26 AM
    Just downloaded the ePhone app and was supprised how well it worked. I made calls and received calls on the Playbook. I have one of those retro phones that plug into the mic/ear jack and it works great. The video looks good but a little buggie. They now have the iPhone app so I can make ePhone to ePhone calls. Comwave says they are coming after Skype....if they keep improving it the might be the solution for those Playbook vs Skype threads.
    11-08-12 09:51 AM
    Have you tried it with a bluetooth headset?
    11-08-12 09:59 AM
    Yes, but when you start a new thread, by typing "comwave" as the title, a number of earlier threads pops out from this and other forums on CB.
    toneytone likes this.
    11-08-12 10:03 AM
    I haven't tried a bluetooth, but the built in speaker/mic works great as well as a plug in.
    11-08-12 10:08 AM
    I have had Comwave for about a month. I am in Canada and I have used it to make free LD calls in Canada and to USA. My son installed it on his Android phone where it also works.

But even here at home, it doesn't seem to work too well on the Playbook. People we phone complain about an echo and some break-up of voice signal. My wife won't use it!

Perhaps a plug in head set might be better? But one we have is kind of large to lug around. What would you suggest for something that might me more usable and overcome the echo etc.
    11-08-12 10:53 AM
    I just tried it out and it does work, has a little delay.

ePhone VoIP App With calling to almost 60 Countries | Comwave

Here is what is on the web page under the "ePhone FREE"
    Includes
    •A phone number
    •Free calling to USA & Canada
    •Free incoming calls
    •Free ePhone-2-ePhone calling worldwide
    •Available on the following devices:
    ________

The big question is how well does it work and what are its limitations?
    11-08-12 07:19 PM
    ________

The big question is how well does it work and what are its limitations?
    This thread has been discussing just that. Why don't you try and find out first hand?
    11-08-12 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD