I had the launch playbook but couldn't get one without a dead pixel or any pixel problem for that matter, my biggest fear when getting any LCD device. Anyway since then I had the ipad2, Motorola xoom, Samsung 10.1, quite all the android tablets, then the HP Touchpad which I loved because the BBPB os operated almost the same, smooth and multi task rich. Then as you all know or may not they discontinued this dam tablet.

So now I have no choice, I don't like Android or IOS4, what to do?? I went back to Best Buy and started playing with the BBPB again and said frack it I'll try again maybe I wont get one with a dead or lit pixel. Get home fire it up and long and behold I have a perfect 32 GB, absolutely flawless!!! I mean flawless.

Now I'm back to butter smooth QNX OS which I missed while being tortured by Android and IOS4 (literally) Even though there aren't many apps I enjoy this device simply for the ONX OS, beautiful display which is amazing second to none and amazing web browsing not found on any of the other tablets. Purely my opinion.
    Last edited by pkcable; 08-30-11 at 08:37 AM. Reason: language
    08-30-11 08:33 AM
    Welcome back, you're not the only one with dead pixel. Even my PB has it, I just ignore it. I love this playbook because its different from other tablets. Simply amazing....
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 08-30-11 at 08:43 AM.
    nico2004 likes this.
    08-30-11 08:40 AM
    Good to have you back. These types of posts are becoming more common around here.
    08-30-11 08:42 AM
    One thing I missed on PB is some kinda app for massaging Stuck Pixel.
    You can find many apps like this on Android but not yet on PB. CMIIW
    It's useful if the screen is 'burnt' or if u have stuck pixel (not dead pixel).
    08-30-11 08:46 AM
    One thing I missed on PB is some kinda app for massaging Stuck Pixel.
    You can find many apps like this on Android but not yet on PB. CMIIW
    It's useful if the screen is 'burnt' or if u have stuck pixel (not dead pixel).
    Are you saying that your PB works so hard all day that it needs to come home and get a massage every once and a while.
    08-30-11 08:53 AM
    Are you saying that your PB works so hard all day that it needs to come home and get a massage every once and a while.
    LOL
    I do use it a lot all day, but the only thing needs to be massaged is my hand

Serious note though, on my SGT 7", sometimes the screen got burnt with previous images (usually ads) so I occasionally need the 'stuck pixel remover' kinda app.
    Haven't experienced it on PB but who knows
    08-30-11 10:28 AM
    There is an app on Appworld I had it on my original Playbook and since App World doesnt work without WiFi I can't provide the name. Once I get it I will let you know.
    08-30-11 10:35 AM
    There was/is something called Display test.
    08-30-11 11:39 AM
    There is an app on Appworld I had it on my original Playbook and since App World doesnt work without WiFi I can't provide the name. Once I get it I will let you know.
    "Screen Helper". Full version is $0.99.
    08-30-11 11:40 AM
    I had the ipad2, Motorola xoom, Samsung 10.1, quite all the android tablets, then the HP Touchpad
    Welcome back........remember what they say: You have to kiss alot of frogs before finding Prince Charming........
    08-30-11 12:29 PM
    Welcome back........remember what they say: You have to kiss alot of frogs before finding Prince Charming........
    Or you turn into a frog yourself, go through a bayou adventure and, through extreme unlikely circumstances, revert back into a human just in time for the Disney cheese ending,

~~And OP lived happily every after with the Playbook.~~

Roll Credits!
    08-30-11 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD