How did I ever go 3 months without this thing? I have it set up on my computer desk and now it functions almost like a secondary monitor. Its cool to have BeWeather open or flipclock etc. I love how fast it charges
    05-13-12 04:59 PM
    congrats. I love mine too. plus your usb port can get a little break now
    05-13-12 05:07 PM
    Problem with the charging dock is that sometimes the contacts don't work properly and you end up having a PlayBook completely out of charge when you wake up after docking it overnight (happened to me twice in a week). What I do now is use Battery Guru to check to make sure the charging dock is really charging the PlayBook before leaving it overnight...
    Spencerdl and jafobabe like this.
    05-13-12 05:59 PM
    Problem with the charging dock is that sometimes the contacts don't work properly and you end up having a PlayBook completely out of charge when you wake up after docking it overnight (happened to me twice in a week). What I do now is use Battery Guru to check to make sure the charging dock is really charging the PlayBook before leaving it overnight...
    Why not just look at the battery icon and see that it is charging or not?
    byul and JAGWIRE like this.
    05-13-12 07:37 PM
    I can't use it with my blackberry soft shell case..
    SK122387 likes this.
    05-13-12 08:24 PM
    Ofcourse you cannot.
    05-13-12 08:24 PM
    i just got one for my bday and its awesome. it acts as my alarm clock in the morning and is so much easier to have sitting on my desk at home and use it as a second monitor for checking out CB ..its permintily on the site LOL. and with the BT keyboard case i can still type on it wile its in the dock
    05-13-12 08:44 PM
    Have 2 charging pods & I do have to make sure the contacts line up correctly - not an absolutely perfect fit on either pods or either of my 2 PB's, for sure. Had an issue 1 time where the battery icon showed it was was charging & woke up with 15% left..... Now, I plug it in, check it a few minutes later to make sure it's gained a % or 2, then go to sleep - ha! Thinking about buying a rapid charger (connects to the same magnetic points) to see if there's more flexability in connecting it for a secure fit. We'll see.....
    sputneek likes this.
    05-13-12 08:58 PM
    If not fully/appropriately seated in either the charging dock or if the magnetic plug in the NON-dock version, you can get a FALSE Lightning Bolt. It will look as if it is charging but won't! When I attach the magnetic plug, I watch Battery Guru for about a minute or until I actually see the Percentage Increase. Then I know the contact is working.
    sputneek likes this.
    05-13-12 09:06 PM
    If not fully/appropriately seated in either the charging dock or if the magnetic plug in the NON-dock version, you can get a FALSE Lightning Bolt. It will look as if it is charging but won't! When I attach the magnetic plug, I watch Battery Guru for about a minute or until I actually see the Percentage Increase. Then I know the contact is working.
    That's too much work. I thought I can just look at the battery icon to see whether it's charging or not.
    05-13-12 09:31 PM
    That's too much work. I thought I can just look at the battery icon to see whether it's charging or not.
    I guess you can tap the Battery Icon and look at the PERCENTAGE value. Leave it for a minute or two or three and then look again to see that it has actually increased.

But, again, the Battery Icon by itself can show the Lightning Bolt and NOT be actually charging. I can actually replicate the behavior easily with my NON-dock rapid charger. My pb is in an Otterbox Case. If I attach the magnetic plug where the wire goes off to the RIGHT, the plug is a bit catty-wampous. So it must make contact with only two pins not all three. The Lightning Bolt will show but it will NOT be charging.

At least, that's what I have observed. I'm sure most times it makes fine contact and it not a problem. But others have also observed this ODD behavior.
    05-13-12 09:53 PM
    too many accessories... so lil money..

(the duty they'd charge to bring it over here... smh.. )

alas, its on the list though...
    05-13-12 11:19 PM
    Nice! I have been wanting to pick up the stand since i got my pb last october just too expensive for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using The Official CrackBerry App
    05-14-12 12:02 AM
    What happens sometimes is that the battery icon shows it's charging, but there's not enough electricity going into the device. In other cases, the battery icon shows it's charging for a little bit and then it doesn't charge anymore.
    05-14-12 12:35 AM
    I got my playbook charging dock about a month ago and really like it. I haven't had the problems that some above have had.

Today I had a rapid travel charger delivered. It's a lot smaller than I thought and the plug magnet is so strong.

I have the perfect setup now, my original playbook charger I use for my 9900 dock next to the playbook dock and have the rapid travel charger for on the run.
    07-10-12 06:37 AM
    I also have had my dock for about a month now and love it. Got it for about $44 on Amazon. And I have not experienced any false charging issues when I see the lightning bolt.
    07-10-12 07:04 AM
    I've had my PlayBook charging dock since May 2011, can't go go wrong with this accessory. I installed "battery guru" to make sure it's properly charging.
    07-10-12 07:12 AM
    Love my charging dock, like the others wonder how I got by without it. I too use it for a second monitor, and it charges a lot faster than the plug in charger. Also, I can charge my daughter's and granddaughter's playbooks on it. Just have to take mine off.
    07-10-12 04:33 PM
    Haven't had any issues with the dock (I've got two of them and have used both for 3 different Playbooks). Especially nice to have on my desk at work to view links off my phone via Bridge Remote
    07-10-12 05:05 PM
    Mine works like a charm. Only time I had a charging problem was when some kind of booger got jammed in the contacts
    07-12-12 02:16 PM
    Love mine, same as others: on my desk next to my 17" laptop, which is next to my 24" LED monitor. Looks like baby bear, mama bear and papa bear!

Great beside the bed for a final CB check in, a little movie or tv watching with headphones, and of course as an alarm clock for the morning(Today's Alarm Clock Pro).

IIRC - $29 bucks or something crazy from Wal-Mart online - was a notice here on CB that gave me the heads up a few months back . . .

Away from my desk (outside sales) or around the house/back porch my PlayBook stays in the Incipio Executive Leather case, and I always have the quick charger around for use in the case (I carefully rest the PB on the little magnetic hoorah when I set it into the grooves on the case for viewing). Got both on sale via CB notices, too!

Next plan is either a full on Otterbox or the whatchamacallit Rugged Case (red/black) with the corner bumpy looking things.
    07-12-12 02:38 PM
    catty-wampous
    or whopperjawed?

or as Rednecks say: 'f**'n skew!'
    Last edited by rcm1301; 07-12-12 at 03:57 PM.
    07-12-12 03:54 PM
    The perfect topic.. bought one today myself.
    Plugged it in, pulled PB out of case and set it in. Well the screen started jittering 2 or 3 times per second, very difficult to get any icon to react. Finally got the clock app running and just left it.
    Came back in a hour and PB was charged, clock still running. Removed from dock, closed clock and still struggling with getting icons to react. Had to use 3 button technique to bring up shutdown menu and did get it to restart. Works fine now.
    I've put the dock away until I am reassured it was just an anomaly or I or it screwed up.
    Please.. any thoughts?
    11-21-12 07:55 PM
    Try a different socket. What else was plugged into that circuit (even in another room on that breaker)? Or near any plasma tv's or other electronic stuff? Socket truly grounded?
    Boight likes this.
    11-21-12 09:22 PM
    I have an Otterbox Defender on mine and I use the Rapid travel charger, turn the PB upside down and hook it up to the rapid charging port and my beside clock is ready to go. (The screen cover on the defender also doubles as a PB stand)

Mike
    11-21-12 09:55 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD