Thanks.
    Would be nice if Kalemsoft could handle webcasts employing Silverlight on the fly.
    Don't know if the PB's OS prevents third party apps from doing this.
    01-21-14 06:30 PM
    Many have already commented on the build quality and I think you've purchased a cracking well built device. What hasn't been spoken of so far is the real reason why you purchased the PlayBook. BRIDGE!!! Bridge was phenomenal on OS7.1 I have recently come from a Bold 9900 to a Q10. Many talk about the crippled nature of the Bridge on BB10. While this was true at the beginning, BlackBerry continue to improve the Bridge. At the moment you can Use BBM and Text from the PlayBook when Bridged. You can also use your mobile data to access the internet and e-mails on the PlayBook so you don't need a separate data plan and through the native file manager on the PlayBook you can also access to see and play on your tablet. Outside of that it functions perfectly on wifi. I've had one since launch and our family has acquired another since. So my wife and I use our PlayBooks to video chat whenever we're away from each other.
    world saviour likes this.
    01-21-14 09:35 PM
    You can also use your mobile data to access e-mails on the PlayBook
    No, actually you can't. Otherwise bridge is still good enough on the PlayBook with BB10.

Posted from my CB10 via the power of "Q"
    01-21-14 09:43 PM
    I have a 16gb and enjoy it and use it daily for surfing the web, email, and editing word files. Works great on the go bridged to my 9900 or Z10. I don't need any apps. Browser works great although a bit slow, but seems to render sites better than other mobile browsers from my limited experience. That being said, my wife would never use it as she relies on some apps that work well on her ipad that of course are not available on the PlayBook. Just depends on your use. Like someone else said, I picked up mine for a great price. It does exactly what i expected it to.

Posted via CB10
    I downloaded Origami Browser and it is great. This post has made me take a better look at my PlayBook and give it a tune up . I use it as an E reader and my son plays games on it. But will leave it in our family room more as an alternative to my laptop.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-21-14 10:09 PM
    Thinking about getting one and use it solely for an e- book reader? Hows the glare on this device?
    01-21-14 10:36 PM
    Many have already commented on the build quality and I think you've purchased a cracking well built device. What hasn't been spoken of so far is the real reason why you purchased the PlayBook. BRIDGE!!! Bridge was phenomenal on OS7.1 I have recently come from a Bold 9900 to a Q10. Many talk about the crippled nature of the Bridge on BB10. While this was true at the beginning, BlackBerry continue to improve the Bridge. At the moment you can Use BBM and Text from the PlayBook when Bridged. You can also use your mobile data to access the internet and e-mails on the PlayBook so you don't need a separate data plan and through the native file manager on the PlayBook you can also access to see and play on your tablet. Outside of that it functions perfectly on wifi. I've had one since launch and our family has acquired another since. So my wife and I use our PlayBooks to video chat whenever we're away from each other.
    01-21-14 11:28 PM
    I hope you enjou your PB as much as I enjoy mine! I don't use the HDMI output to my TV nearly as often as I used too. Now I attach a USB stick directly to my Blue Ray player. Other than that I still use it for web browsing (including the occasional online purchase), email, and some media. You can't go wrong for 35 pounds! Enjoy!

Reg
    01-21-14 11:34 PM
    Thank you for this post. My PlayBook has been monopolized by my son and I have been neglecting it since I bought my Z10. After reading through your thread, I started reading through the other posts. I downloaded Origami Browser, installed Appolo, Flipboard etc and am now rediscovering my tablet again. Just a nice UI, smooth and will stream music from it more from now on. Enjoy urs.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-21-14 11:44 PM
    The Blackberry Playbook is still a viable choice for a 7inch tablet these days...but just don't expect much in the way of popular apps that people are raving about...
    01-22-14 12:17 AM
    If it hasn't already been said:
    For the price you paid, If you only take it out of the box just to look at it once, you got your moneys worth.
    And the only thing that really matters is that you're happy with the deal, knowing the Playbooks limitations.
    What anyone else thinks about it is of no consequence!

Enjoy it!
    BoldMaverick and Cracklen like this.
    01-22-14 12:43 AM
    Best accessory I've found for video playing when I have a PB attached to a monitor/TV via hdmi cable is a bluetooth mouse (in my case a Microsoft Sculpt). I don't have to have the PB near my viewing position and I can control the player better with the mouse cursor than I can with a finger.
    A better accessory is a BlackBerry phone with bridge.
    01-22-14 03:10 AM
    I carry my playbook everyday since I bought it. The HDMI out is amazing feature. So if you do an HDMI to your TV you will see the benefit when you connect. Another great feature is wirless connect with your computer so transferring files without a cable is great. I moved to the Z30 and lost a few features but over all still love it. I am hope BlackBerry has another tablet in the works.
    01-22-14 03:16 AM
    Thats why I have a nexus 7. I do not expect to buy something great with 35 pounds and as I mentioned, everyone knows that playbook is dead. What about build quality?

Posted via CB10
    Well you did buy something great for 35 quid! Buy a 35 quid android tablet from amazon and you'll get the drift.
    01-22-14 03:47 AM
    I don't know if it's gorilla glass (likely not) but it feels like glass, not plastic. Good quality screen material.

Posted via CB10
    I recently cracked the glass on my Playbook when it fell from 5 feet to concrete. It lasted at 3 to 4 months then I started having a lot of issues with it. I did actually get the screen fixed but it was never the same. Got a new 64GB Playbook earlier this month and between over 20 books, at least 2000 songs, several games, a few movies, ability to bridge to my 9930 Bold (at least until contract is up later this year), it serves me well.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-22-14 09:39 AM
    Thinking about getting one and use it solely for an e- book reader? Hows the glare on this device?
    I use Book Reader and I don't get much glare, when I do I usually turn the screen brightness down. As an ebook reader I don't think you can go wrong. I used to have over 30 books between Kobo and Book Reader. Well worth it IMO.
    01-22-14 09:50 AM
    I just want a smooth OS which is connected with my phone...not an iPad competitor.
    That being the case, you should get good use out of your Playbook.

Sold mine a while back, because I just didn't get much use out of it. Used it as a reader for a while, but frankly enjoyed reading on an actual e-ink reader much more, so it didn't see use for even that for long. To be fair, I'd get just as little use out of any other tablet. I enjoy my MacBook Pro too much, and it does all I want it to do.
    01-22-14 10:22 AM
    Okay guys, I know BlackBerry playbook is dead but this deal was great! I found a seller on ebay that he wanted to sell his BlackBerry playbook! It is used, but very rarely! The playbook is in perfect condition (Grade A), everything in the box included, with no scratches at all, like a brand new! Someone gave it to him as a present but he never used it so I got it from him for..?35!! I own a BlackBerry Q10 too so it will integrate good with my phone! I use my nexus 7 as a tablet but what do you think guys? Have I made the right decision?
    Attachment 240246

Posted via CB10
    Great Purchase.
    Would you like to trade for my brand new Galaxy 3 tab? I got it for Christmas thinking it would make my old 16 GB playbook into a bottle coaster but I am realizing it is a great tablet. I do not game on my tablets (isn't that what PlayStations are for?) and it seems to me that most devise reviews are all about processors and speed so maybe I'm just different.
    The Playbook with Origami browser is such a pleasure to use and the operating functions are so superior to my android based galaxy you would think the Blackberry was the newer unit. E-mail is superior. Also music sounds much better, and the HDMI plug in is terrific for sharing movies with the family. The tank-like build makes my GPS work well on a truck dash.
    The only thing I missed was Skype but now that I have it loaded onto my new Galaxy, I realize this was not the game changer I thought it would be. Comewave ephone, in a small way, at least allows me to communicate to land lines with my Playbook.
    So, I too am checking eBay for another good playbook, though 32 GB this time.
    Enjoy your "new" devise.
    01-22-14 10:42 AM
    A better accessory is a BlackBerry phone with bridge.
    Will a Z10 or a Z30 bridged to a Playbook allow me to access a video player's controls including the position in the movie slider as well as will a bluetooth mouse?
    01-22-14 10:52 AM
    I don't know what is going on with the Negative Nellies, but you scored a heck of a deal. As mention the hardware is really nice except for the fragile USB port. Luckily the rapid charger solves that. DOCTOREVIL8's advice is good on apps. Be ready to start using it in all kinds of ways you didn't think of initially. Of course, it depends on what you want out of it. HDMI out while Bridged with your phone is beyond brilliant, for either entertainment or business. That is my fav feature. You can get accessories for cheap. I have a third back up PB coming today. My other two are still work horses.
    They were low bidders on the same Playbook ?
    01-22-14 10:52 AM
    I don't know why everybody says something about a nexus 7. I have a hi sense sero 7 pro that will kick the nexus into next year. I also have a playbook. Good tablet but limited due to BlackBerry.
    Never played with a Nexus 7 but wonder what the attraction is? No back camera while Playbook has an excellent one. Can't expand memory like most other androids, while PB had 64 GB at launch. No HDMI out.
    Is it just a better gamer?
    01-22-14 11:47 AM
    Never played with a Nexus 7 but wonder what the attraction is? No back camera while Playbook has an excellent one. Can't expand memory like most other androids, while PB had 64 GB at launch. No HDMI out.
    I'm guessing pure Google Android is the attraction? Never was one for me. My Android tablets are both Samsung. Removable store being the main reason.

01-22-14 11:58 AM
    For �35, it's a good deal. I still have my Playbook and use it rarely but do use it for surfing and the odd movie. I'm not sure what you mean about BB10 integration though.
    01-22-14 02:57 PM
    As I sit here replying to this thread via my playbook which I have owned since day one of release and actually the 1st to order from my local best buy. You have made a great choice, I also own a Samsung tab3 for access to a couple Android apps I use. I think the playbook still fits in many of our lives in different ways. It will just depend on how much you want to include it in your life. Just like many other devices eventually it may not be of any use or may use until time to bury it. I have noticed lately my native browser is crashing more often and not getting updates but the sound is great and what apps I do have and use are still working. Best of all it bridges very well with my Z10 and Z30, this is a feature that still turns me more towards it than other tablet. I can write a novel but I am going to end this by saying just enjoy it while you can.

Okay guys, I know BlackBerry playbook is dead but this deal was great! I found a seller on ebay that he wanted to sell his BlackBerry playbook! It is used, but very rarely! The playbook is in perfect condition (Grade A), everything in the box included, with no scratches at all, like a brand new! Someone gave it to him as a present but he never used it so I got it from him for..�35!! I own a BlackBerry Q10 too so it will integrate good with my phone! I use my nexus 7 as a tablet but what do you think guys? Have I made the right decision?
    Attachment 240246

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:41 PM
    Basically, it is the quad-core processor, high resolution screen, and fast OS upgrades (KitKat already on 2012 version). Other than that, 2013 version has dual cameras, NFC, slimport (HDMI out), and some what better stereo sound. Of course it has all the android apps but PB plays Gameloft games pretty well.
    01-23-14 08:22 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain_Clancy View Post
    You can also use your mobile data to access e-mails on the PlayBook

No, actually you can't. Otherwise bridge is still good enough on the PlayBook with BB10.

If you setup the email account on the PlayBook, or use a webmail interface via the Browser, you can acccess you email via bridged data. For some carriers, you may have to pay extra to get data on Bridge.
    01-23-14 09:20 AM
104 ... 2345