Okay guys, I know BlackBerry playbook is dead but this deal was great! I found a seller on ebay that he wanted to sell his BlackBerry playbook! It is used, but very rarely! The playbook is in perfect condition (Grade A), everything in the box included, with no scratches at all, like a brand new! Someone gave it to him as a present but he never used it so I got it from him for..�35!! I own a BlackBerry Q10 too so it will integrate good with my phone! I use my nexus 7 as a tablet but what do you think guys? Have I made the right decision?
    I bought a BlackBerry PlayBook!-_20140120_210430.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:14 PM
    Congratulations. Feel free to post your announcement and subsequent observations here.
    01-20-14 03:15 PM
    Moved to the Playbook forum, for better exposure.

And, for the record... I think that's a good deal. I still use my Playbook with keyboard case in place of a laptop for most meetings and occasionally, for travel.

EDIT: And e-reader...
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 01-20-14 at 03:53 PM.
    RJB55, Mecca EL and jtv1 like this.
    01-20-14 03:18 PM
    Okay no problem! what do you think guys? Have I made a good decision?

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR, nt300 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-20-14 03:20 PM
    Okay no problem! what do you think guys? Have I made a good decision?

Posted via CB10
    May I ask why you asking after you bought playbook?
    01-20-14 03:24 PM
    May I ask why you asking after you bought playbook?
    Actually I bought it because of the price and the integration between BlackBerry phones. I just want an opinion thats all

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:25 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that : ( I have one and an ipad mini. The PlayBook is just a laggy pos in comparison. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    01-20-14 03:27 PM
    Actually I bought it because of the price and the integration between BlackBerry phones. I just want an opinion thats all

Posted via CB10
    Well I bought several and they still see some use so I would expect you could get your limited investment out of it. If not, you can always sell it again for what you paid.

Fact is you bought 2011 tech with no support and a dying battery at a yard sale price. Enjoy.
    01-20-14 03:29 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that : ( I have one and an ipad mini. The PlayBook is just a laggy pos in comparison. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Posted via CB10
    Thats why I have a nexus 7. I do not expect to buy something great with 35 pounds and as I mentioned, everyone knows that playbook is dead. What about build quality?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and sbx9900 like this.
    01-20-14 03:31 PM
    Thats why I have a nexus 7. I do not expect to buy something great with 35 pounds and as I mentioned, everyone knows that playbook is dead. What about build quality?

Posted via CB10
    Very solid build. Speakers are better than any other tablet I've every played with.
    Man@Arms likes this.
    01-20-14 03:36 PM
    My PlayBook is still being used by my son mainly for games and surfing. I use it to stream music. That tablet has been dragged on many road trips, dropped, without the case most of the time and still keeps on kicking. UI is still smooth altho I do experience some lag in browsing. Well built and too bad BlackBerry management has stopped supporting it. I would pay a small fee to upgrade the OS.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    Jrox74, Mecca EL, seluje and 1 others like this.
    01-20-14 03:41 PM
    Very solid build. Speakers are better than any other tablet I've every played with.
    People say that it feels like a premium device, even better than the nexus 7 (in terms of hardware and build quality). Is that true?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:41 PM
    I just did the conversion in US dollars. That's a great deal to me, esp. for a 32GB. I have a lot of uses for mine. Books, magazines, comics. Movies, music, youtube. Note taking, video chat, web browsing. With everything it can do, I can not justify paying so much more for a new Android or iPad.
    01-20-14 03:43 PM
    I just did the conversion in US dollars. That's a great deal to me, esp. for a 32GB. I have a lot of uses for mine. Books, magazines, comics. Movies, music, youtube. Note taking, video chat, web browsing. With everything it can do, I can not justify paying so much more for a new Android or iPad.
    Despite software, is hardware good enough? Does it feel cheap? I know I am asking the same question but I just want to know. I cant believe that a tablet worth 600 dollars in 2011 feels cheap. If it does then I know why its dead

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:49 PM
    Good luck finding anything of value from blackberry world. After a while it's nothing but garbage once you take out the jems. $100 will buy you anything of value.

The browser sucks as a media device it's ok. Would have been better off with a nexus 7 2nd gen IMHO.
    milo53 likes this.
    01-20-14 04:06 PM
    Good luck finding anything of value from blackberry world. After a while it's nothing but garbage once you take out the jems. $100 will buy you anything of value.

The browser sucks as a media device it's ok. Would have been better off with a nexus 7 2nd gen IMHO.
    I just want a smooth OS which is connected with my phone...not an ipad competitor

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, jegs2, TOphotog and 1 others like this.
    01-20-14 04:08 PM
    Good catch. Make sure you use video chat, hdmi hook up to a TV for movie. The stand alone speaker is excellent. You can try to compare with ipod or ipad,let me know what you think.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-20-14 04:32 PM
    Good catch. Make sure you use video chat, hdmi hook up to a TV for movie. The stand alone speaker is excellent. You can try to compare with ipod or ipad,let me know what you think.

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure if I can compare it with an ipad to be honest...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 04:36 PM
    Make sure there's no issue with the microusb connector when you get it and if it's ok and you want to make sure it stays ok (it is very easy to break if you put in the cable upside down).. get the magnetic charger from Amazon and only use the microusb connector for transfer files only. You can thank me later
    01-20-14 04:40 PM
    Well done on your purchase. For �35 you cant really go wrong. It will work well with your Q10 especially when you need a larger screen or your phone is charging. I got my PB new in july and im very happy with it. I use it every day. It works well with my 9720 and with my 9300 before that. I went and got a whole lot of accessories for it from amazon. They are so cheap. Hope it works for you and you get a lot of use from it. Enjoy.
    Andreas Kimishis1 likes this.
    01-20-14 04:43 PM
    I have a 16gb and enjoy it and use it daily for surfing the web, email, and editing word files. Works great on the go bridged to my 9900 or Z10. I don't need any apps. Browser works great although a bit slow, but seems to render sites better than other mobile browsers from my limited experience. That being said, my wife would never use it as she relies on some apps that work well on her ipad that of course are not available on the PlayBook. Just depends on your use. Like someone else said, I picked up mine for a great price. It does exactly what i expected it to.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 04:48 PM
    I have a 16gb and enjoy it and use it daily for surfing the web, email, and editing word files. Works great on the go bridged to my 9900 or Z10. I don't need any apps. Browser works great although a bit slow, but seems to render sites better than other mobile browsers from my limited experience. That being said, my wife would never use it as she relies on some apps that work well on her ipad that of course are not available on the PlayBook. Just depends on your use. Like someone else said, I picked up mine for a great price. It does exactly what i expected it to.

Posted via CB10
    How the quality feels like in terms of hardware?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 04:52 PM
    Make sure there's no issue with the microusb connector when you get it and if it's ok and you want to make sure it stays ok (it is very easy to break if you put in the cable upside down).. get the magnetic charger from Amazon and only use the microusb connector for transfer files only. You can thank me later
    Is playbook a quality piece of hardware?

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-20-14 05:03 PM
    The hardware, although dated, is very solid and good quality. However, the USB port is less than stellar, many people have damaged their USB ports from plugging, unplugging a little too rough. I highly recommend a Rapid Charger as it uses another port and is magnetic. This alone will extend the live of your USB port by leaps and bounds, and charges the PlayBook faster too.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 05:13 PM
    Is playbook a quality piece of hardware?

Posted via CB10
    The hardware is very solid and does not feel cheap or plasticky in any way. The USB port can be damaged if you try to insert the usb cable in upside down or otherwise try to force it in, but I suspect that this is the case with most tablets. Just be careful when inserting the USB (perhaps by clearly making the up side) and you shouldn't have any problems.
    milo53 likes this.
    01-20-14 05:13 PM
104 123 ...