There is a huge problem with the play book and I like how you are taking it out on me than reporting or complaining to RIM

Sent from my LG-E617G using Tapatalk 2
    You could go back and EDIT your original posting and warn folks that it could create real issues for them or their pb and that they probably should not really try it.
    Chaddface likes this.
    10-17-12 11:51 PM
    You could go back and EDIT your original posting and warn folks that it could create real issues for them or their pb and that they probably should not really try it.
    I agree. Edit your first post. While I didn't have trouble doing it on .668, I'm not going to try it again on 2.1.
    10-18-12 07:29 AM
    I agree. Edit your first post. While I didn't have trouble doing it on .668, I'm not going to try it again on 2.1.
    This is an old post for those who were beta testing. Wow read the header. And know what beta testing is. Beta testing is used to detect bugs in the operating system and not for everyday usage. If you want to use your play book for every day use please do not beta test.

10-18-12 10:03 AM
    Dude, give it up. You should have informed people from the get go as to what problems they might have if they followed your instructions so they could choose whether they wanted to chance it or not- and I said this when this thread was new. And as to your assertion that this was all part of beta testing, in fact this release was not a "beta", it was a "developers preview", in which developers could test their apps for compatability with the new OS. Developers were looking for bugs as they specifically related to their apps, not for general bugs in the OS that had nothing to do with their apps.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-18-12 10:22 AM
    Dude, give it up. You should have informed people from the get go as to what problems they might have if they followed your instructions so they could choose whether they wanted to chance it or not- and I said this when this thread was new. And as to your assertion that this was all part of beta testing, in fact this release was not a "beta", it was a "developers preview", in which developers could test their apps for compatability with the new OS. Developers were looking for bugs as they specifically related to their apps, not for general bugs in the OS that had nothing to do with their apps.
    Your long statement changes nothing. BlackBerry released an operating system that Is uncustomizable. This is second thread that this was talked about. I personally when the official release was given out tested to see if the problem was still there and messaged RIM to fix it doing my part. I'm pretty sure people can read the thread and see what everyone who tried it went through and make up their minds as to whether to test it or not. The point of this thread is to bring knowledge of the problem and at the point of writing this I thought it was just me with the problem and wanted to know if anyone else experienced the same so we could bring attention about it. Unfortunately people like you rather than doing the right thing as to reporting the problem would rather whine to me for discovering it and bringing attention to it. Well thumbs up.

Last edited by ryder4587; 10-18-12 at 11:16 AM.
    10-18-12 10:59 AM
    ryder4587 wrote his first post under a thread title containing "beta". At the time users who had installed the beta were assumed volunteers for experiments, or at least were not entitled to complain to another user experimenting bugs, or not having understood he was experimenting bugs.

ryder 4587 never enticed final release version users to try it, on the contrary he did much to warn them, and even for the problem to be fixed before final release.

The truth is, this problem was alpha and should not even have been in the beta, and after being duly signaled it was not corrected.
    10-18-12 11:12 AM
    ryder4587 wrote his first post under a thread title containing "beta". At the time users who had installed the beta were assumed volunteers for experiments, or at least were not entitled to complain to another user experimenting bugs, or not having understood he was experimenting bugs.

ryder 4587 never enticed final release version users to try it, on the contrary he did much to warn them, and even for the problem to be fixed before final release.

The truth is, this problem was alpha and should not even have been in the beta, and after being duly signaled it was not corrected.
    Wow thank you. I'm glad there are people in this world with mental clarity.

10-18-12 11:18 AM
    Your long statement changes nothing. BlackBerry released an operating system that Is uncustomizable. This is second thread that this was talked about. I personally when the official release was given out tested to see if the problem was still there and messaged RIM to fix it doing my part. I'm pretty sure people can read the thread and see what everyone who tried it went through and make up their minds as to whether to test it or not. The point of this thread is to bring knowledge of the problem and at the point of writing this I thought it was just me with the problem and wanted to know if anyone else experienced the same so we could bring attention about it. Unfortunately people like you rather than doing the right thing as to reporting the problem would rather whine to me for discovering it and bringing attention to it. Well thumbs up.

So your intent is to infect as many PlayBooks as possible to bring attention to the bug?
    There are much better ways to go about that. Not everyone is going to read the whole thread.

Maybe a moderator could add a warning to the first post if the OP won't.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-18-12 11:45 AM
    So your intent is to infect as many PlayBooks as possible to bring attention to the bug?
    There are much better ways to go about that. Not everyone is going to read the whole thread.

Maybe a moderator could add a warning to the first post if the OP won't.
    It seems you did not read the thread. I wrote this when the beta first came out, discovered the bug and asked people who had beta and not the mainstream guys with an official release if they experienced the same thing. The reason for anything beta is test. This thread was written months ago and we are no longer in the beta release but the official release. I do not advice anyone to test it on the official release but I believe that if sufficient people had discovered the problem when it was beta the problem would have been corrected in the official release. I'm sorry you failed to see any logic in this, I cannot help you there

10-18-12 11:56 AM
    I hope I'll be the last to post here ... let this thread go down, it's outadated and confusing now that 2.1 is official.
    If there's a problem with current version, start a new thread. Coz this one is really only a ping-pong tchat now, IMHO.
    (please do not answer to this)
    10-18-12 11:58 AM
    I hope I'll be the last to post here ... let this thread go down, it's outadated and confusing now that 2.1 is official.
    If there's a problem with current version, start a new thread. Coz this one is really only a ping-pong tchat now, IMHO.
    (please do not answer to this)
    The thread has already gone down before. It is old and outdated. I was surprised when someone brought it back up

10-18-12 12:02 PM
    Regardless as to whether this is a new or old post, it has been brought back to life. Why do you consistently refuse, as others have suggested, to go back and edit your first post by adding a warning as to what may happen if anyone chooses to follow your instructions?
    BB_Bmore, esk369 and FF22 like this.
    10-18-12 01:14 PM
    Regardless as to whether this is a new or old post, it has been brought back to life. Why do you consistently refuse, as others have suggested, to go back and edit your first post by adding a warning as to what may happen if anyone chooses to follow your instructions?
    thanks for your suggestions.

10-18-12 03:44 PM
    I have this problem to
    03-02-13 08:43 AM
    move all of your icons into the dock. tbey will dissapear at first, but after you restart they should return. this has worked for others
    03-02-13 08:48 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD