I get a notification saying 'array_insert invalid array insert index'
    Me too. They Need to fix this before anything gets released.
    08-15-12 01:39 PM
    Why wouldn't it be a priority? That you have to wipe your PlayBook every time you undock your icons?
    I'm just assuming from the PlayBook project managers tweets. He seemed quite annoyed and wondered why anyone would even empty the dock. See for yourself via twitter.
    08-15-12 01:56 PM
    Ok so I know its beta and I know it will be laden with bugs. Just want to draw the attention of those who have already installed the beta to know if im the only one with the problem.
    Hay
    Did you NOT read the statement in the CB "News"

This is a beta release and meant for developers only, and as such will most likely have a good amount of bugs. If you haven't installed a PlayBook beta OS before, we suggest you steer clear
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    08-15-12 02:04 PM
    I'm just assuming from the PlayBook project managers tweets. He seemed quite annoyed and wondered why anyone would even empty the dock. See for yourself via twitter.
    I would hope that is not the case. Since the pb is a PERSONAL device, folks should be able to set it up any way they like. One item on the dock, two, three or NONE.

But, yes, beta software can have bugs.
    kbz1960 and BB_Bmore like this.
    08-15-12 03:58 PM
    I would hope that is not the case. Since the pb is a PERSONAL device, folks should be able to set it up any way they like. One item on the dock, two, three or NONE.

But, yes, beta software can have bugs.
    I agree. Saying you shouldn't do that is like handing out a rubber bumper and telling people they are holding it wrong.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    08-15-12 04:04 PM
    I agree. Saying you shouldn't do that is like handing out a rubber bumper and telling people they are holding it wrong.
    And the device should not allow you to configure it that way if doing so will force you to wipe your device. Simple as that. But it's okay, those who have been bitten by this should, and hopefully will, report it in the developer beta forums.
    kbz1960 and Sucroid like this.
    08-15-12 04:29 PM
    Ok so I know its beta and I know it will be laden with bugs. Just want to draw the attention of those who have already installed the beta to know if im the only one with the problem.

If you have beta 2.1.x OS, please undock all the icons from the dock into the general app menu and try docking them back individually and let me know what happens.
    Are you kidding me? At least tell people what problems you encountered BEFORE asking them to serve as your guinea pigs to see if they run into the same problem. That's like going to a website where your computer picks up a virus and then asking others to check out the website to see what happens. Just telling them that you had a problem with the website doesn't tell them anything. If at least you tell them that you think you picked up a virus from the website, then at least this would let them decide for themselves whether to risk it or not.
    esk369 and BB_Bmore like this.
    08-15-12 05:02 PM
    Are you kidding me? At least tell people what problems you encountered BEFORE asking them to serve as your guinea pigs to see if they run into the same problem. That's like going to a website where your computer picks up a virus and then asking others to check out the website to see what happens. Just telling them that you had a problem with the website doesn't tell them anything. If at least you tell them that you think you picked up a virus from the website, then at least this would let them decide for themselves whether to risk it or not.
    I was only beta testing with my fellow developers.
    08-15-12 05:53 PM
    Me too. They Need to fix this before anything gets released.
    I can confirm that this bug was also present in the first OS that came with the Dev Alpha. I had to ask people at BB10 Jam in Orlando to reinstall OS on my Dev Alpha since Desktop Manager was not equipped to repair the Dev Alpha at that time.

I haven't tried to undock all icons since then.
    08-15-12 06:34 PM
    And the device should not allow you to configure it that way if doing so will force you to wipe your device. Simple as that. But it's okay, those who have been bitten by this should, and hopefully will, report it in the developer beta forums.
    I'm sure RIM knows about this issue because the guys told me they knew about it when I was in Orlando though that was with the Dev Alpha, not PB OS 2.1.
    trinipoco likes this.
    08-15-12 06:36 PM
    I'm sure RIM knows about this issue because the guys told me they knew about it when I was in Orlando though that was with the Dev Alpha, not PB OS 2.1.
    Wow, I'd like to think they don't know
    08-16-12 07:08 PM
    This is happening with the full official release of version 2.1.0.1032.

If you remove all your icons from the dock and then try to add an icon to the dock, it disappears and you get the" array_insert invalid array index" error. Which then means there is no way to launch that app.

If the app is available in App World and not a side loaded app you can delete the app then reinstall and that will restore the icon, but it it is a side load you are SOL. Also you can never add an icon back to the dock.

Very disheartening that they didn't fix this before the official release of 2.1
    10-15-12 09:38 AM

If you remove all your icons from the dock and then try to add an icon to the dock, it disappears and you get the" array_insert invalid array index" error. Which then means there is no way to launch that app.

If the app is available in App World and not a side loaded app you can delete the app then reinstall and that will restore the icon, but it it is a side load you are SOL. Also you can never add an icon back to the dock.

yeah, that was one of the first things I checked when I downloaded the update and was surprised the error was still there

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-15-12 10:21 AM
    RIM, alpha-grade devices.

But BB10 will be great eh. No internal system for blocking releases until such crippling bugs are fixed, but it's going to be GREAT !!!
    10-15-12 10:42 AM

You can use the chrome extension, pb app manager, to uninstall the missing/hidden sideloaded apps
    10-16-12 12:43 PM
    RIM, alpha-grade devices.

But BB10 will be great eh. No internal system for blocking releases until such crippling bugs are fixed, but it's going to be GREAT !!!
    I can't believe that after being in beta for so long, that there's still a lot of Severity 1 bugs in the release. Customers losing data? Having to do a wipe and reinstall? Let's hope that RIM put all the QA resources to BB10, and gutted the team responsible for the PB 2.x release. This is the only explanation that will give me confidence in the quality of BB10.
    10-16-12 12:49 PM
    Well they're not even acknowledging the problem, so...
    10-17-12 05:31 AM
    yeah, that was one of the first things I checked when I downloaded the update and was surprised the error was still there

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    I just finished a survey at BlackBerry Beta Zone and mentioned this issue. At least someone knows about it now. Whether or not they fix it is another issue though. Maybe it will be fixed in the BB10 beta.
    10-17-12 06:25 PM
    I sincerely hope that BB10 on the PB looks and behaves nothing like PlayBookOS 2.1. Otherwise RIM is just beating a dead horse.
    10-17-12 07:30 PM
    Way to go op now got a few other messed up pb's and for those that listened to him well I just hope its not to much of a pita to fix I'm really surprised at a few just hate the fact that your payin thme price.
    10-17-12 08:00 PM
    I was only beta testing with my fellow developers.
    Yeah you freeeked up your pb and then start a thread and ask others to do??????????
    Yeah we know each other.
    10-17-12 08:03 PM
    Yeah you freeeked up your pb and then start a thread and ask others to do??????????
    Yeah we know each other.
    It was a beta and meant for tests. I wanted to know if people experienced the same so we could report the issue. Too bad you don't know what beta testing is

Sent from my LG-E617G using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-12 08:17 PM
    It was a beta and meant for tests. I wanted to know if people experienced the same so we could report the issue. Too bad you don't know what beta testing is

The whole it was a beta test thing whatever gets you through the night and yeah poor me I don't know what beta testing is no reason to really go on with life I am just happy I was not one well foolish enough to take your suggestion to replicate the way you messed up your unit.
    And believe me I know I was the last person you wanted to see posting on your thread but somehow you convinced a cpl of friends of mine to do what you did and I just wanted to express my unappreciation of you.
    10-17-12 09:12 PM
    And if for some reason that earns me a infraction or vacation it was worth it.
    10-17-12 09:16 PM
    There is a huge problem with the play book and I like how you are taking it out on me than reporting or complaining to RIM

10-17-12 10:04 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD