Update: Happy to report that rebooting has brought the race to approximately neck and neck. Also, twitter.com performance is much improved when trying to move between threads.

---

Just upgraded my 64 GB PlayBook to 2.0.1. Left my wife's 16 GB at 2.0.

Side by side speed tests at zdnet, CNN and msnbc show OS 2.0 beating the pants off 2.0.1

Initial page rendering was on average 5 seconds faster on 2.0. My wife's PB hasn't been rebooted for about a week, mine was freshly booted.

Noticed that with no apps open, 2.0.1 is using about 80MB more RAM according to OS hardware info page.

Steps outside to scream...
    Last edited by sagec; 04-17-12 at 01:15 PM.
    04-17-12 12:38 PM
    Hmmm im not experiencing any slow down on the sites you mentioned, how long is it taking from clicking the link to fully displaying the flash content. ZDnet loads for me fully in about 6-8 seconds from clicking the link in google search.

i updated a few hours ago.

im also using a 16GB playbook.
    04-17-12 12:48 PM
    Whoa buddy, you sure about that? I can't even switch tabs in the time it takes to load these forums in full desktop version...
    04-17-12 12:51 PM
    On both PB browser settings, clear the local storage, history and cached webpages first then reboot, then test...???
    04-17-12 12:55 PM
    Apparently not everyone is having the same experience. Post after post on other threads are reports of no crashing on previous browser crashing sites and much faster browser.
    04-17-12 12:59 PM
    wow you already having problems?????????.......i would reinstall, and do a security wipe too, good luck
    04-17-12 12:59 PM
    OMG how long does it take for you to load this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/ , its 3 seconds on my PC and over a min for on my Playbook......i know its only 1min but that feels like forever.....lol
    04-17-12 01:00 PM
    I think the browser seems much faster post update. Maybe it is just me, but I haven't seen the gray checkerboard on any sites I have been on. Plus, Android apps are working better. Next up.. BB10!!
    04-17-12 01:03 PM
    I've upgraded my PBOS and I think the browser is very much improved and a lot quicker than he previous build.
    04-17-12 01:04 PM
    Xda has always been a pig of a site to load on the PB, at least it does not crash the browser now.
    derrickps3 likes this.
    04-17-12 01:05 PM
    OMG how long does it take for you to load this page Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers , its 3 seconds on my PC and over a min for on my Playbook......i know its only 1min but that feels like forever.....lol
    After restarting, that page took exactly 58 seconds to load on my PlayBook.
    04-17-12 01:13 PM
    Xda has always been a pig of a site to load on the PB, at least it does not crash the browser now.
    My thoughts exactly
    04-17-12 01:25 PM
    Yes unbelievably slow. So frustrating.
    04-17-12 03:23 PM
    So far, I find the update to have made my browser a tad faster...
    04-17-12 03:29 PM
    So far, I find the update to have made my browser a tad faster...
    My experience as well.
    Just like the OP I had to restart a second time after the update restart. No complaints so far.
    Double_J75 and sagec like this.
    04-17-12 03:33 PM
    My experience as well.
    Just like the OP I had to restart a second time after the update restart. No complaints so far.
    Same here. Was going to say that it was slower, then read about the second reboot. Did the trick for me, nice and fast with very minimal checkerboarding.
    sagec likes this.
    04-17-12 03:37 PM
    I did a time test of the top 2 sites that I use the most. Here are my results (done with a stop watch)

Prior to update after update
    Cached cleared
    Crackberry 33 seconds 25 seconds
    Rx7 club 17 seconds 16 seconds

With cache before update after update with cache
    Crackberry 12 seconds 9 seconds
    Rx7club. 7 seconds. 6 seconds

So the browser is slightly quicker. That's a positive for sure but I still get way more checkerboarding than I'd like.

One final time test I did was a restart time test. 3.5 minutes to restart before and 4 minutes flat after the update. While that's not good as long as I don't have to restart then I'm not worried. Pim apps open much quicker but I did not time those before hand
    04-17-12 03:43 PM
    My experience as well.

same here, the browser is faster than 2.0
    04-17-12 03:52 PM
    Update: Happy to report that rebooting has brought the race to approximately neck and neck. Also, twitter.com performance is much improved when trying to move between threads.

---

Just upgraded my 64 GB PlayBook to 2.0.1. Left my wife's 16 GB at 2.0.

Side by side speed tests at zdnet, CNN and msnbc show OS 2.0 beating the pants off 2.0.1

Initial page rendering was on average 5 seconds faster on 2.0. My wife's PB hasn't been rebooted for about a week, mine was freshly booted.

Noticed that with no apps open, 2.0.1 is using about 80MB more RAM according to OS hardware info page.

Steps outside to scream...
    No slowdown problems with my browser here, I find it actually plays videos a lot better on YouTube than it did before. And surfing the web is faster too.

I have a PB 64Gb. Btw when you plug your PB into your does it show the 2.0.1.358 OS installed?

A.
    04-17-12 03:54 PM
    OMG how long does it take for you to load this page Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers , its 3 seconds on my PC and over a min for on my Playbook......i know its only 1min but that feels like forever.....lol
    I'm Bridged to my PlayBook using the browser on my BB 9900 and I clicked the link and the page loaded fully in about 10 seconds....
    04-17-12 04:00 PM
    After about six hours now with the new PlayBook update (2.0.1), I'm NOT experiencing a "huge" slowdown, if anything its slightly faster on all sites. Bridge is actually much faster
    04-17-12 04:35 PM
    4 people in this thread report that they had to restart a second time after the upgrade to resolve browser slowness. Good to know, simple workaround. :-)
    04-17-12 05:03 PM
    Finally got to update and did three reboots for good measure. Browser definitely faster, and CB loads in about half the time it used to take. I'll test more after work, but right now I'm happy
    04-17-12 05:08 PM
    I'm Bridged to my PlayBook using the browser on my BB 9900 and I clicked the link and the page loaded fully in about 10 seconds....

im still getting around a minute to load it, my phone (Galaxy S plus) takes about 10 secs
    04-17-12 05:25 PM
    i haven't even experienced the random closing of the browser from 2.0.....this is a great improvement
    04-17-12 05:33 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD