BBRYFlow released a short teaser clip showing a potential HUB update for our beloved PlayBook - see YouTube link below.

If this is true and operates like how it looks this would be an awesome and much-needed update to the current way the PlayBook processes it's 'HUB'. More in-line with the BB10 stylings like we saw with the re-addition of BBM via Bridge. From the video's title, one would think that this will be a Bridge feature as well.
    12-04-13 01:30 PM
    looks so cool
    12-04-13 01:37 PM
    I LOVE THESE THINGS. Hope really hope this comes to fruition. John Chen I don't want os 10 on my PlayBook but I do want what's demonstrated in this video. Give me REAL business class features like this.

Posted via CB10
    DurdenLunarius likes this.
    12-04-13 01:44 PM
    Here is a screenshot from my PlayBook. Works just like it's listed on BBRYFlow's website - open an email hyperlink that's displayed via BBM on Bridge and it will open a Messages app via Bridge that will list all the accounts you have in your HUB via your BB10 phone. As they stated, it won't populate data from the phone itself and it won't attach anything, but supposedly it does allow you to send OUT data, so sending emails and sending FaceBook, Twitter, and such.
    Attached Thumbnails HUB Preview for PlayBook-img_00000007.png  
    12-04-13 01:54 PM
    So it's a Bridge Hub App that brings your BB10 devices Hub over to your PlayBook, and not a native PlayBook Hub?
    12-04-13 01:58 PM
    Correct. It looks like BlackBerry is going to head the route of improving Bridge itself as opposed to updating the PlayBook at it's core. They may be doing this to build a functionality for other devices like iOS and Android to tap something similar so it's more in tune with their vision of 'mobile computing from anywhere' rather than improving individual products - more a share-ability I guess.
    12-04-13 02:03 PM
    At the risk of upsetting many members here, after suffering the pathetic useless piece of coding that was supposed to be the backbone of RIM's financial recovery with BB10 ie "THE HUB" I can categorically state without prejudice that if "THE HUB" comes anywhere near the pb OS officially, then the day after it happens both of my Z10's and my eight playbooks will be for sale on ebay!!!!!!!!!

RIM have done some stupid things in their short life but the best hope of survival they have would be to abandon BB10 as a failure (as every other technical evaluator has done) and get a decent fully functional OS back out into the mobile phone arena. The mere mention of BB10 to a decent techy now is followed by fits of laughter.

If my Z10's don't get an update, I don't care!
    If my pb's don't get an update, I don't care!

As long as the time spent by the development team is used for something useful as in a decent, finished, working BB OS!

Oh wait we had that in OS 7 before the demic Thor took over with his vision of the future "Tablets will be dead in a five years"? Strangely enough tablets are being forecast as being the biggest seller of any technical device in ten years this Christmas ?
    dphjeff likes this.
    12-04-13 02:28 PM
    It would be suffiecient to bridge the PB to the BB10 device if it all worked flawlessly... The playbook becomes a sort of bigger monitor and the Q/Z device(s) as the CPU and the keyboard... What do we use? Hub, calendar, remember, browser, apps... So if they bridge the Hub, everything else can follow!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    12-04-13 02:37 PM
    ]It would be suffiecient to bridge the PB to the BB10 device if it all worked flawlessly... [/HL]The playbook becomes a sort of bigger monitor and the Q/Z device(s) as the CPU and the keyboard... What do we use? Hub, calendar, remember, browser, apps... So if they bridge the Hub, everything else can follow!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    It did work before Thor decided his view of the future was better than any other CEO in the history and unleashed BB10 on the world which must rate as the biggest OS disaster since we stopped carrying car batteries around with us? (the ones with the landline handset attached to them that we laughingly called mobile phones).
    dphjeff likes this.
    12-04-13 02:42 PM
    I love all these Backdoor settings that are popping up now!!!

Yesterday with the Porsche clock...by going through a Backdoor setting...and now this!! It is amazing these things are leaking and giving insight into what BB is doing...this would not be available if it wasn't something that they were working on...I know everyone will say that all this stuff has been worked on for months...but I really do believe it is because of the new CEO Chen...he is software based and really understands that it is software that will differentiate BB10 from competitors...and so far since he has become CEO there have been some GREAT software released...

BB Express app, updated BlackBerry Inside website, BBM Channels launched (which was clearly being worked on...but who knows, with THOR it may have been launched mid-december or later...we don't know...all we do know is it launched right after he became CEO), updated BB Link...again, could have been worked on for awhile but Chen may have really pushed the team to get it out now rather than a month down the road!

Either way...very good things to see...shows BB is working hard and still pushing forward!
    nealjane1 likes this.
    12-04-13 02:57 PM
    Would love bridged hub on my PC. They are probably laying the framework.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:54 PM
    I don't care for bridge, just want an updated runtime. Not sure why that is so difficult.
    12-04-13 04:40 PM
    Yep, very interesting. You can send messages as well - seems about half functional.

Would be a really nice addition.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 05:54 PM
    At the risk of upsetting many members here, after suffering the pathetic useless piece of coding that was supposed to be the backbone of RIM's financial recovery with BB10 ie "THE HUB" I can categorically state without prejudice that if "THE HUB" comes anywhere near the pb OS officially, then the day after it happens both of my Z10's and my eight playbooks will be for sale on ebay!!!!!!!!!

RIM have done some stupid things in their short life but the best hope of survival they have would be to abandon BB10 as a failure (as every other technical evaluator has done) and get a decent fully functional OS back out into the mobile phone arena. The mere mention of BB10 to a decent techy now is followed by fits of laughter.

As long as the time spent by the development team is used for something useful as in a decent, finished, working BB OS!

Oh wait we had that in OS 7 before the demic Thor took over with his vision of the future "Tablets will be dead in a five years"? Strangely enough tablets are being forecast as being the biggest seller of any technical device in ten years this Christmas ?
    I have no interest in using a device that lacks the hub. You need a new device not made by BlackBerry. The hub is here to stay I hope.

Posted via CB10
    russworman likes this.
    12-04-13 06:11 PM
    It's very interesting. How could we get it ?
    12-04-13 06:33 PM
    What s great idea, instead of re-writing the os for PlayBook why not display your bb10 device on it. This has legs! I hope it's a sign that BlackBerry fancy getting back into the tablet market which they should never have left in the first place. Just because they got their fingers burnt on their first attempt doesn't mean they should scrap it, learn from their mistakes and come back stronger.
    Getting the hub over even through bridge and updating the runtime would keep current users happy and give them a start user base for their next attempt.

Posted via CB10
    bambinoitaliano and nealjane1 like this.
    12-04-13 07:06 PM
    I think this is likely getting their feet wet again and testing out the potential for a dumb tablet.

Giving up on the tablet market is stupid, I understand that they want one device that dock or ultimately connects via wireless with other devices to become your one stop device for everything but the tech isn't there just yet and bridge, depending on how you ultimately accomplish your goal, can play a part in it.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:16 PM
    Here is a screenshot from my PlayBook. Works just like it's listed on BBRYFlow's website - open an email hyperlink that's displayed via BBM on Bridge and it will open a Messages app via Bridge that will list all the accounts you have in your HUB via your BB10 phone. As they stated, it won't populate data from the phone itself and it won't attach anything, but supposedly it does allow you to send OUT data, so sending emails and sending FaceBook, Twitter, and such.
    So how does one install or activate this bit of wizardry?
    12-04-13 07:50 PM
    So how does one install or activate this bit of wizardry?
    Click a email hyperlink in the bridged BBM on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:54 PM
    I'm surprised it took this long for anyone to find this, it was really easy to trigger on my Playbook. Just clicked on an e-mail address in a BBM message and pow! There it is.
    12-04-13 08:03 PM
    All you have to do is hit the blue hyperlink of an email address from within BBM on the PlayBook.

Now how does one attached an email address inside BBM as a hyperlink on our Z10?
    12-04-13 08:10 PM
    Have someone send you an email addy.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 08:13 PM
    @ sad old man....That's right they should have stayed with an OS that was already stretched to its max... Never pushed any limits of the imagination stayed status quo...shoot why did they go from OS 6 too OS 7 for that matter.... never understood that either...quick question why in the heck are you running that z10? I'll swap you for a 9900.
    12-04-13 08:48 PM

Most of us already consider the playbook EOL anyway. If the HUB is actually the next or last update of the playbook, you do not have to update your playbooks and still continue uses them the way you do now. I suspect some of us do not mind getting this bit of update
    12-04-13 09:11 PM
    Most of us already consider the playbook EOL anyway. If the HUB is actually the next or last update of the playbook, you do not have to update your playbooks and still continue uses them the way you do now. I suspect some of us do not mind getting this bit of update
    as cool as this is, you need to know other people that use bbm to make this useful,,, or you could bbm yourself, but what's the point???
    12-05-13 07:39 AM
27 12