to save battery life, i had turned my flash off on my playbook. little did i realize no html5 content works properly on anysite. i personally prefer the feel of html5 video and sites, they are more touch/tablet friendly. after using many sites like nytimes and cnn the videos seem to work but are very glitchy. i had even gone to the mobile youtube site which is exclusively html5 and the videos will not show or play at all! i think even for rim that this is unacceptable, when my ipad2 may not play flash(the company states that it cant) , why does rim choose to say the playbook can do html5 and flash when actually it can really only do one of those(and not very well) smh .
    04-22-11 10:42 AM
    Go here, to a HTML 5 test, it scores higher than a iPad...

The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

Maybe the issue with some sites is the browser ID ?
    04-22-11 10:49 AM
    Go here, to a HTML 5 test, it scores higher than a iPad...

The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

Maybe the issue with some sites is the browser ID ?
    The HTML5 test score is only an indication of how well your browser supports the upcoming HTML5 standard and related specifications. It does not try to test all of the new features offered by HTML5, nor does it try to test the functionality of each feature it does detect.
    Just because it scores higher due to compatability (which is what it tests) if the performance is poor where it really matters (actual usage) than it is meaningless. Its not surprising if html5 performance is poor, especially with video since RIM is hoping you'll never turn Flash off.
    04-22-11 11:00 AM
    Just let the test run on the pb ... scores 258.
    04-22-11 11:00 AM
    Just because it scores higher due to compatability (which is what it tests) if the performance is poor where it really matters (actual usage) than it is meaningless. Its not surprising if html5 performance is poor, especially with video since RIM is hoping you'll never turn Flash off.
    First thing I did was turn off flash.
    04-22-11 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD