Hi,
    I am trying to understand why I am getting different behavior on PC and playbook.
    I noticed that when I touch and hold the screen of playbook during some animation, the animation freezes (but in the background it still seems to be running because it renders it after I leave the touch). Please for example visit this HTML5 page on playbook vs desktop.. http://www.ghost-hack.com/post/jsexp.../tunneler.html

I have seen this on other HTML5 based webpages too. Everything stays still while I am touching and holding on the screen

Also why does it seem more laggier of the playbook? is it because it is not optimsed for it?

Thanks!
    11-14-11 11:49 PM
    Hi,
    I am trying to understand why I am getting different behavior on PC and playbook.
    I noticed that when I touch and hold the screen of playbook during some animation, the animation freezes (but in the background it still seems to be running because it renders it after I leave the touch). Please for example visit this HTML5 page on playbook vs desktop.. http://www.ghost-hack.com/post/jsexp.../tunneler.html

I have seen this on other HTML5 based webpages too. Everything stays still while I am touching and holding on the screen

Also why does it seem more laggier of the playbook? is it because it is not optimsed for it?

Thanks!
    The PB browser is not yet fully HTML 5 compliant, partly I guess due to the nature of it being a tablet and a learning curve to adapt a touch screen environment.

A whole bunch of codec support is missing as well many other things.

I dont think there is a reliable HTML 5 acid test yet for browsers.
    11-15-11 04:38 AM
    For me, the only noticeable difference is that, most of the time, streaming audio doesn't work on a HTML5 site on the PB browser...but the lack of codecs stated above could explain that.
    11-15-11 07:51 AM
    And don't forget that HTML5 is just markup, the real power is coming from Javascript. So the way the PB Javascript engine handles those touch events may be a little different.

RIM is really pushing HTML5 using their WebWorks SDK, so I hope it's fully compliant with all HTML5 standards and features.
    11-15-11 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD