For the HTC Flyer. Best Buy just dropped the price to $99.00 bucks. But no one is calling it a fire sale yet. 499.00 to 299.00 to 99.00 looks like a fire sale to me.

Maybe the PlayBook was cutting into their sales, even after HTC lowered it to 299.00...
    10-06-11 08:31 AM
    that is because the $99 is a price mistake. its not a firesale.
    10-06-11 08:36 AM
    i just checked BestBuy's website, sold out already. If I was in the market for a 7" android tablet, I was already highly considering the Flyer
    10-06-11 08:42 AM
    How do you know?

If I didn't have one already, I'd head down to Best Buy ASAP with a copy of the website price in hand.
    10-06-11 08:48 AM
    Not a mistake. Why do you think so? Did you check out Best Buy's site? No one makes a mistake like that.
    10-06-11 08:50 AM
    It was a price mistake. Checkout the thread at SlickDeals.
    10-06-11 08:54 AM
    Interesting. I have no need for another tablet, but at $99... that's peanuts!
    10-06-11 08:55 AM
    10-06-11 08:57 AM
    Not a mistake. Why do you think so? Did you check out Best Buy's site? No one makes a mistake like that.
    i got one ordered via the moble site, sure to be cancelled though. i had the wife go to BB just now and there is a correction notice already up she says.

everyone can make mistakes so you can settle back down now and or continue to think everyone is out for RIMs neck

Last edited by howarmat; 10-06-11 at 09:09 AM.
    10-06-11 09:01 AM
    Honestly, when all other things are at least equal then price should be a consideration but you really can't compare the Flyer to a Playbook.
    We love our Playbooks and with the current sale prices I think it is a better value. Certainly better than over devices selling for 500-800 bucks.
    10-06-11 09:07 AM
    i got one ordered via the moble site, sure to be cancelled though. i had the wife go to BB just now and there is a correction notice already up she says.

everyone can make mistakes so you can settle back down now and or continue to think everyone is out for RIMs neck
    Either way, I still think everyone's out for RIMs neck
    10-06-11 09:17 AM
    Honestly, when all other things are at least equal then price should be a consideration but you really can't compare the Flyer to a Playbook.
    We love our Playbooks and with the current sale prices I think it is a better value. Certainly better than over devices selling for 500-800 bucks.
    Agree. I wasn't even thinking about getting one for myself. I was going to buy as many as I could and sell them for a profit.
    10-06-11 09:18 AM
    Crap. Don't need it but for $99 I would have bought one..
    10-06-11 09:23 AM

No, no... everyone IS out for RIM. If not they would use the word "firesale" for pricing mistakes.

It is incredible, really.

G, do you think there is any tablet that is even an equal value to the Playbook?
    10-06-11 10:20 AM
    the htc flyer is very comparable to a playbook. 7" form factor. i like the unibody design of the flyer. both can do flash. flyer has unlimited apps and a gingerbread update working on xda whereas the playbook update to 2.0 is just a best guess right now.

im actually thinking of returning my playbook if it keeps hanging in the browser although the latest update seems to have remedied that. but at $99 i would have bought a flyer and kept my playbook.
    10-06-11 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD