anyone else confirm this keyboard is in good working order with playbook. i know the motorola one someone had posted that they couldnt get it to work properly. For $34 might be worth picking up.
    08-29-11 02:34 PM
    Bought one from Staples last week (contrary to website pricing, they're selling them for $35 as well. Stock was gone from downtown Staples and I picked up the last one on Front St. I can confirm it works really nicely with the PlayBook, and has the added benefit of working with the iPad as well. Keyboard feel is really nice, and it's a pretty light-weight peripheral. Also comes with two Duracell AA batteries.
    08-29-11 03:09 PM
    Picked this keyboard up a week ago. By far one of the most comfortable keyboards i've used. The keyboard is bigger then the playbook but I was more then willing to sacrifice the size for ease of use and the fact that this keyboard is thin light and extremely durable.
    08-29-11 03:44 PM
    how do you switch applications with just the keyboard (without mouse or touchscreen)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The arrow keys work when your in a document but as far as I know i tried all the "extra" keys and they had no effect.
    08-29-11 03:48 PM
    Can someone explain how to pair this to the playbook? I can't seem to get it to work. What is the passcode? Thanks.

EDIT : nvm. Got it
    Last edited by len_sole; 08-30-11 at 10:19 PM.
    jonasbeaver likes this.
    08-30-11 10:14 PM
    anyone else confirm this keyboard is in good working order with playbook. i know the motorola one someone had posted that they couldnt get it to work properly. For $34 might be worth picking up.
    Yup, picked one up yesterday. Works great. Of course, the TouchPad specific keys don't work.
    08-30-11 10:24 PM
    Sweet keyboard but it can't add functions that aren't working on the playbook yet like select all, etc
    08-31-11 10:43 AM
    Sweet keyboard but it can't add functions that aren't working on the playbook yet like select all, etc
    Ctrl+A worked last time i tried it. So hopefully Ctrl+V and Ctrl+C works too

EDIT: Neverminddd. I was typing an email when that happened.
    Last edited by LewLew23; 08-31-11 at 05:24 PM.
    08-31-11 01:11 PM
    Bought this keyboard at Best Buy today for $34.99. Works great, comfortable to use, and the arrow keys are a blessing in apps that don't use the little cursor marker. Pairing it is pretty simple, just make sure that you press "Return" on the keyboard after putting in the passcode.

The keyboard is pretty much the same height as the PlayBook, and about one-third wider. It does cut into the portability of the tablet, but if you're in situation where you're going to type so much that the touch keyboard becomes cumbersome, odds are you'll be in a place where carrying the hardware keyboard isn't a problem.

Lot's of extra keys on this thing; several for media control, app switching, symbol toggle, etc., and none of them work. But the key click is comfortable and so is the spacing. One negative thing I've noticed is that you can not hold a key down for any purpose. For example, if you're trying to move the cursor with the arrow keys to the beginning of the line, or delete a bunch of text by holding down backspace, it'll only do the function once, then stop. You have to press the button over and over again to repeat the same thing several times in a row.

All in all though, it does work pretty well. Combined with the Rapid Charger, it's a neat little desktop/laptop setup for your otherwise ultra-portable device, and considering the price of other Bluetooth keyboards, this is pretty good. I'm going to test it on my PS3 soon, as I may have added even more functionality to it with the same purchase.

Also, on a side note, Best Buy also had a sale on the Rapid Charger for $35 (sorry ShopCrackBerry.com), and the soft shell case for $14. If you haven't been there for a while, might be worth the trip. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my hands on any Touchpads...
    08-31-11 01:20 PM
    Bought this keyboard at Best Buy today for $34.99. Works great, comfortable to use....Unfortunately, I couldn't get my hands on any Touchpads...
    Bought this keyboard at Best Buy today for $34.99. Works great, comfortable to use...Unfortunately, I couldn't get my hands on any Touchpads...
    Uh-oh i hope this keyboard doesn't cause double posting.
    08-31-11 02:05 PM
    Uh-oh i hope this keyboard doesn't cause double posting.
    No, thats just the uncompromised web experience of the PlayBook. You get the whole web, including all of its little quirks…

Thanks for calling me out about it, though!

EDIT: I mean, uh, double-post? I don't know what you mean!
    Last edited by nextlevel88; 08-31-11 at 02:47 PM.
    08-31-11 02:44 PM
    thanks for the tip... i went out to futureshop and got one and it works perfectly! thanks!!
    08-31-11 03:24 PM
    ****, cant find it on amazon for cheap. still searching for the right keyboard and mouse
    09-06-11 09:27 PM
    One problem with this keyboard is that it has NO ESC key and it's designed very much for the Touchpad. This means if you're buying it to use for the PB none of the speciality keys will work!

Also if you're using it to use for DOSbox on PB you need an ESC key for most DOS games and programs. I'm often stuck and cannot escape a program, game or menu because I'm missing this essential key...

Are there any other alternative BT keyboards that are compatible with the PB?
    11-22-11 05:09 PM
    picked up one of these the other day;
    Ultra U12-41310 eXo Mini Keyboard - Includes Bluetooth Adapter, Touchpad, Laser Pointer, Presentation & Multimedia Controls & 3Yr Warranty w/ Reg. at TigerDirect.com

thing works like a charm. when connected to my tv, no issues at all. touchpad is great, no problems with range at all. many comments that the range is under 10 feet, but i think thats with the dongle... which u dont need cause the pb's is great. my tv is at least 19ft from my tv, and the thing is perfectly responsive. the touch pad works perfectly. great while connected to the 42inch LCD watching movies or browsing the web. shift, tab, caps lock, numbers, all work perfectly. its tiny. i'd say 5.5inches by 2inches. perfect for two thumb texting style typing. perfect, almost necessary accessory to my playbook..
    i absolutely love it, and like i said, the tpad is perfect. just like a mouse....
    Last edited by msteiner0539; 11-22-11 at 06:59 PM.
    11-22-11 06:47 PM
    Cool. I think I just found the keyboard I was waiting for
    The keyboard I'm waiting for I already have - it's on my phone. With a track pad!
    When will they bridge this to the playbook!? One thumb typing on playbook...can't wait

and whatever happened to that blackberry case/keyboard that Kevin showed us waay wayy back??
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-22-11 at 07:24 PM.
    11-22-11 07:09 PM
    This still a good keyboard to pair with the PB? Been considering one of these or possibly an Apple Wireless Keyboard....
    11-26-11 05:54 PM
    I will wait for this one:playbook case and keyboard - YouTube
    11-26-11 06:18 PM
    I will wait for this one:playbook case and keyboard - YouTube
    I want that, now. Is it available on the market yet? if yes, where can i find one? google but didn't find one.
    thx
    11-26-11 07:27 PM
    heres a link to a post i made about a hipstreet case/keyboard combo best buy has for under $100 Its made for the playbook and kinda nice.. keyboard is removeable fyi no mouse with it though :/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post6869960 its similar to the one RIM will hopefully put on the market soon minus the mouse pad.
    11-26-11 08:52 PM
    Does anyone use on of the Freedom Pro folding keyboards? I know they're quite popular with BB phone users but I've been half thinking that something that would fold up might be more useful than the HP Touchpad board, even though its over 50% more expensive
    11-27-11 03:47 AM
    I've just picked up one of these to use with my playbook and my Samsung Galaxy S II. I've rarely used bluetooth devices, is it normal to have to re-pair them every time to get them to work?

With the playbook, I need to turn the keyboard off and on again, then click reconnect, then type in the code.

With my SGS2, when I tap on the keyboard under blutooth, it says press any key to reconnect, but it doesn't work and I have to unpair and re-pair again!
    12-22-11 01:16 PM
    I use the apple wireless keyboard and it works like a charm. Just turn it on and it connects to playbook automatically. With the beta version of 2.0 it has the main feature that was missing with 1.0 which is auto repeat when holding down a key. This works with all keys including the arrow keys.

I also use an apple magic mouse. I leave both the keyboard and mouse at work and connect them when I go into the office because that is where i do most of my typing. Whevener I am out of the office, I just use the on screen keyboard which is good enough for the limited typing I do then.

With these two things, my playbook has completely replaced my computer at work which is great because at the end of the day, I grab it and go.
    AnthonGMc likes this.
    12-22-11 01:43 PM
    Very very nice keyboard... solid feel.. as good as the one on my laptop.
    At office depot for $29.99 (store only purchase).. some stores still have them but not many.

I also have the rii mini... it worked fine but the keys were just too small for touch typing...
    Realize the hp is a bit large to carry around but a very good tradeoff imho....
    12-27-11 01:16 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD