Sideloading the Android app onto your Z10 doesn't work well?

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    Nope. Tried sideloading it on both the Z10 and my Playbook. It just crashed. I am hoping that with 10.2 the Android app might work.
    08-27-13 10:27 PM
    Not to derail the thread too much.... Dlink's website has a video and mentions Google and Apple's stores for setup apps. But you are saying that you can do the setup using the Playbook and Dolphin or do you still need to setup stuff "in advance or at home" before using it or can this all be done "in the field"? I had trouble at a motel last week where we stayed for two days. I guess the pb was too far from the office (if I walked halfway to the office it would connect) and could not connect to the wifi and this could be a solution.
    The Dolphin browser will run the setup just fine. I can configure everything with it. The Playbook and Z10 browsers both stop when it gets to the stage where the Dlink is searching for the hotel wifi SSID.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-27-13 10:29 PM
    $56 for WiFi is highway robbery. For what it costs the resort, this should have been, as in the States and other destinations, free.

But isn't Bridge great? I don't know why Palm was panned for trying the same thing...but maybe Palm didn't do it as well as BlackBerry did.
    08-27-13 10:45 PM
    The Dolphin browser will run the setup just fine. I can configure everything with it. The Playbook and Z10 browsers both stop when it gets to the stage where the Dlink is searching for the hotel wifi SSID.
    I think I like that little doohickey and will order it. This vacation was not the first time I ran into trouble with locating and holding a wifi signal from a "main" office. So it sounds handy.
    08-28-13 12:39 AM
    I think I like that little doohickey and will order it. This vacation was not the first time I ran into trouble with locating and holding a wifi signal from a "main" office. So it sounds handy.
    I've been running the D-link three days straight and it has been rock solid. Once every 24 hours I get a login prompt when I open a browser on one of the connected devices. After I login it runs smoothly. Make sure you check the firmware version when it arrives and update to the latest. I am on 2.14 and it is the most complete. Good luck.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-29-13 12:01 AM
    Thinking more about how I did the bridge to the PlayBook and since BlackBerry is no longer making the PlayBook, maybe they should make a bridge app from BB10 phones to android tablets. Same function as PlayBook without making a new tablet.

Just a thought

Posted via CB10
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    08-30-13 03:35 PM
    Thinking more about how I did the bridge to the PlayBook and since BlackBerry is no longer making the PlayBook, maybe they should make a bridge app from BB10 phones to android tablets. Same function as PlayBook without making a new tablet.

Just a thought

Posted via CB10
    An idea that's been thrown around here a few times, would definitely be cool. Who knows, maybe it'll actually happen especially if they limit it to what the BB10 devices currently do with Bridge (and expand the BB10 features to previous BBOS functionality.)

08-31-13 01:03 AM
    An idea that's been thrown around here a few times, would definitely be cool. Who knows, maybe it'll actually happen especially if they limit it to what the BB10 devices currently do with Bridge (and expand the BB10 features to previous BBOS functionality.)

with what happened with the reverse engineering of the smb protocol in the Samba project, I can't believe this is beyond the capabilities of enterprising enough developers. clearly there is not enough interest amongst the capable though.
    00stryder likes this.
    08-31-13 11:15 AM
33 12