sooooo many haters posting we need support!

[URL="http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/31/how-would-you-change-rims-blackberry-playbook/"]
    Last edited by AutoPilot2020; 07-31-11 at 10:17 PM.
    07-31-11 10:14 PM
    the comments below on disqus are just hilarious hehe
    07-31-11 10:21 PM
    i know, i think that the mods on engadget should just delete the hater useless posts for eveything, but then again iGadget hates RIM
    07-31-11 10:23 PM
    its not always hate, but some of the comments, though its hard to take, is true. simple truth. for apple and android community, its just a joke, something to make fun with. not much else. at least they got something in common to attack..rather than attacking each other as usual.
    most of the comments considers the price as too high, of which it is. $400 maybe a good price for 32gb.
    07-31-11 10:32 PM
    i agree with the price, but so is every other tablet priced the same, although yes they have bigger screens thats not how you should buy a tablet you dont want the best bang for your buck, you want the tablet to best suit your needs
    07-31-11 10:36 PM
    if you know what you what, specific, then you can make a good choice.
    but comparisons runs on (quantified) general parameters like screen size/$, weight, application availability, physical features ( usb ports, compatibility) and so on.
    so value for money, screen real estate wise, pb costs as much as a 10" tablet.
    then people asks questions, why is it so expensive?
    the next question will be, can it do this,do that (which mostly done thru applications)? and what will you answer? use the browser please, mam?

if it priced lower than the market leader, there will be less questions asked because its a new entrant, cheaper than the leader, and its smaller anyway - in mind of a customer, he feel getting a fair buy - because he's not get ripped off paying higher price for smaller screen size.
    Last edited by sportline; 07-31-11 at 10:45 PM.
    07-31-11 10:43 PM
    ahah i get what youre saying, for instance i was at my aunts tonight and brought my playbook with me, they refered to it as an ipad or ipod touch about 8 times, each time i corrected them saying oh no this is a blackberry playbook it can run flash, open multiple apps at once and has one of the most secure os in the world. then we got into an argument about oh RIM is laying off workers and blah blah blah, theyre gonna fail like nortel and so on. so i said the reason RIM is laying people off is theyre in a transition period, computers are taking the workload of ma y more people everyday. and lots of the people probably didnt do much work.

so i then showed them the power of QNX and explained what flash is by showing them addidas.com how it would look like on an ipad, and on the playbook. they were in awe and questioned why anyone would buy a ipad when its inferior, i told them because its apple, it must be revolutionary

sorry for the spelling mistakes i typed this on my playbook sans autocorrect
    07-31-11 10:50 PM
    yeah so to penetrate the market which is conquered by apple last year, you got to come in with the best strategy, best application, best device, best connectivity, and if you got none of the competitive or comparative advantage, you come in with LOWER PRICE to get a foothold in the market.
    why would you charge the same money on 7" pb as in 10" galaxy tab? security? who cares about security? none of the best buy visitors would, unless he is jason bourne
    so rim got the little boy 7" pb marching in with an arrogant banner "professional grade tablet, amateur hour is over" and $600 full-size tablet price, with virtually no applications, not even native email, terrible bridge (at launch), and see where we are now after 4 months. a marketing flop. could have sell much better with a different strategy.
    and the slogan is inviting attacks, nonetheless. what for? it is not professional-grade at all, maybe it's the fips, but who cares? none of the buyers understand what the security is.
    07-31-11 11:02 PM
    exactly RIM has to do a better job telli g the consumer this, in the demo video it should be a constan tutorial how to use the device with gestures and crisp quality pictures, this would attract people and teach people how to use it, instead of just sitting there with a black screen
    07-31-11 11:08 PM
    yeah so to penetrate the market which is conquered by apple last year, you got to come in with the best strategy, best application, best device, best connectivity, and if you got none of the competitive or comparative advantage, you come in with LOWER PRICE to get a foothold in the market.
    why would you charge the same money on 7" pb as in 10" galaxy tab? security? who cares about security? none of the best buy visitors would, unless he is jason bourne
    so rim got the little boy 7" pb marching in with an arrogant banner "professional grade tablet, amateur hour is over" and $600 full-size tablet price, with virtually no applications, not even native email, terrible bridge (at launch), and see where we are now after 4 months. a marketing flop. could have sell much better with a different strategy.
    and the slogan is inviting attacks, nonetheless. what for? it is not professional-grade at all, maybe it's the fips, but who cares? none of the buyers understand what the security is.
    well me, and the others 39 "buyers" from where i work care about security..
    AutoPilot2020 likes this.
    07-31-11 11:15 PM
    No buttons, all gestures is what put people off. You can go minimalist, but you can only go so far. An optical trackpad ala torch will help.

Yawnnnnz:-) :-) :-)
    07-31-11 11:15 PM
    why have a trackpad when u have a 7inch multitouch screen with touch sensitive gestures........

i find the trackpad on that new all touch torch is so pointless......
    07-31-11 11:17 PM
    may help if you go thru details like filling up forms etc. unless you got fingers like captain fingers..

07-31-11 11:20 PM
    hmm never thought of that, but Steve B. Jobs thinks its silly
    07-31-11 11:22 PM
    Steve jobs is not everything. Just cunning, smart, not much else. And no dignity, stealing from others and suing everybody else of copying apple. talking about innovative and open geek culture..sue and countersue and patent war even worse than wall street or any other engineering be it automotive or aerospace.
    Androids still retain buttons, though it's haptic, but better than none.

07-31-11 11:32 PM
    i think u missed my pun steve B Jobs
    07-31-11 11:35 PM
    No buttons, all gestures is what put people off. You can go minimalist, but you can only go so far. An optical trackpad ala torch will help.

trackpad? how totally redundant..... learn to use touchscreen/pinch to zoom properly and you wont be looking for a trackpad..
    08-01-11 12:51 AM
    I'd put the Windows tablet keyboard on it. Where its easily reachable to type with just your thumbs on the bottom corners. It's pretty cool, I suggest doing a search on youtube.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 01:04 AM
    Changes: Flash for the camera. And lots of apps that support bridged data (map apps, etc.), instead of just the core RIM apps.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-01-11 01:39 AM
    my changes: full USB support so that I can plug in a mouse, and VMs for everything (including Windows, Linux, and Lion). With both of these I would get everything I wanted, and the people complaining that there aren't enough apps better shut up, because with those VMs you'd be able to run all the apps that run in the native versions of that OS, and with the USB port you'd be able to plug in a USB DVD-ROM drive and stick in a computer game. Hopefully the USB would be able to handle the toll of a USB splitter so I could have my mouse and my DVD-ROM drive plugged in at the same time.

This is what I want to happen, and this is the extreme of what I expect will happen. Full USB support would not surprise me, but neither would not having it. I expect VM support, but it would be foolish to expect it to that level...
    08-01-11 07:28 AM
    I just want to organize my bookmarks!!!

oyalhi and kbz1960 like this.
    08-01-11 12:16 PM
    Let me preface by saying that I don't have a Playbook.......yet......but it is something I think I want. My change is a full functioning word processing, slideshow, access etc. And yes if MS had an office suite for it I would be all over it in a heartbeat. I just need the productivity side to be further enhanced than just good web browsing.

08-01-11 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD