I got myself a Dell BlueTooth Travel Mouse, paired it with my PlayBook (I'm glad the pairing code is 0000, as that was nowhere in the documentation), and it seems to work fine. Some of the behaviour isn't obvious though. While I don't expect all 5 buttons to do anything, some of the functionality has still eluded me.

For instance, selecting text. I can right click to select one word, but everything I've tried to increase the selection has failed. This is whether it is in a text entry box or whether it's 'read only' text.

Is this just a limitation of mouse usage on the PlayBook, or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks
    12-30-12 11:36 AM
    Think its the mouse. Try removing the pairing and re-doing. I have no issues like this with my old BT Mac Mouse - which works fine for documents, scrolling, etc.

Strange.
    12-30-12 11:38 AM
    So with your mouse how do you select more than one word?
    12-30-12 11:42 AM
    click, hold, & move the mouse to the left - as you would do normally, or double click & the select box appears, then move the cursor over
    Herve5 likes this.
    12-30-12 02:38 PM
    You may need to left click on one of the "selection handles" and then pick select text from the menu that comes up. Then you can use the handles to select text from there.
    Herve5 likes this.
    12-30-12 02:43 PM
    Thanks. I was clicking and dragging down, as I'm used to selecting a large block of text and that's faster than dragging to the left or right. Working for me now.
    12-31-12 10:29 AM