Laughed at this ad on Kijiji, had to share.

Basically
    "It sucks and is garbage but I want one"

Looking for BB playbook. Playbook is an out of date technology, the company has billions of dollars worth of this dated technology in storage and prices are plummeting and about to fall further. Being a developer I want to try/evaluate one. Interested in full accessories, protectors, chargers, case, etc only. Minimum 16gb, preference 32gb, any color. Sell now while it is still worth something. Paying cash today with pickup.150 is top end.

read up

Device Surplus: Analysis: Even after hiring bankers, RIM running out of options | Reuters

Discontinued 16gb: RIM discards 16 GB PlayBook tablet | Reuters
    Last edited by black.rhino; 06-20-12 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Semantics
    06-20-12 03:11 PM
    He's just trying to talk the price down, not really trolling. Same as you do when looking at a used car. " Well the tires don't look great, it isn't as nice as the newer model......"
    06-20-12 03:16 PM
    People today don't even know what a troll is, they just throw it around at anything they don't like, lol.
    masqueofhastur likes this.
    06-20-12 03:27 PM
    I should try that.
    06-20-12 03:30 PM
    He's just trying to talk the price down, not really trolling. Same as you do when looking at a used car. " Well the tires don't look great, it isn't as nice as the newer model......"
    While he isn't necessarily trolling by definition, he certainly isn't a fan of the PlayBook from the sounds of his ad. I'd argue that his statement about the PlayBook being outdated technology could either be construed as a form of trolling ... or just plain ignorance.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-20-12 04:04 PM
    It's funny none the less.
    06-20-12 04:09 PM
    I'm more surprised he had to put an ad on to look for one. In my area, PB's are easy to find on kijiji..
    06-20-12 04:15 PM
    Lol! Made me laugh. It really sucks and is outdated but I really want one. Any color?? "Sell now while it is still worth something." Too funny!
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-20-12 04:16 PM
    Changed post title, couldn't change thread title. Perhaps someone can before anything bad happens
    It's the humour in the ad
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-20-12 04:29 PM
    Minimum 16gb, preference 32gb, any color
    I'd love a Pebble-Blue one (like the new Galaxy S III phone).... haha!
    You can have any color you like, as long as it's black.
    06-20-12 05:58 PM
    I found a similar ad:

Wanted: Playbook 32 or 64 GB - New Brunswick Phones, PDAs, iPods For Sale

I'm interested in purchasing a BlackBerry PlayBook inLike Newworking and cosmetic condition.

Those unitscurrentlyretail for between $250 (32 GB) and $300 (64 GB) and will eventually get cleared out at an even lower price. Pawn shops and other second hand stores offer about $75-100 for them, at the most, and many are listed on Kijiji at higher prices but aren't selling.

I'm willing to pay $100 for the 32 GB modelor $125 for the 64 GB, as long as all original accessories, packaging and warranty/receipt are included (or $75/90 without packaging and warranty/receipt).

Thank you.

Wanted: Playbook 32 or 64 GB - New Brunswick Phones, PDAs, iPods For Sale - Kijiji New Brunswick Canada.
    Wanted: Playbook 32 or 64 GB - New Brunswick Phones, PDAs, iPods For Sale - Kijiji New Brunswick Canada.
    06-20-12 06:52 PM
    Changed post title, couldn't change thread title. Perhaps someone can before anything bad happens
    It's the humour in the ad
    You can PM a mod by hitting the red triangle in your first post and ask them to change the title..
    06-20-12 07:03 PM
    I'm struck by the fact that the prospective buyer explains how the PB is on the way out; is a doomed device and architecture which will soon be obsolete -- so of course, he's interested in learning to develop apps for it!
    06-20-12 08:31 PM
    While he isn't necessarily trolling by definition, he certainly isn't a fan of the PlayBook from the sounds of his ad. I'd argue that his statement about the PlayBook being outdated technology could either be construed as a form of trolling ... or just plain ignorance.
    "Although not trolling, I'd say you could call it trolling"

wut. it's not. And beyond that, it's even even "ignorance". What did he say that was blatantly wrong?

Is playbook out of date technology? Yes, all technology is almost immediately after release let alone years later.
    Does RIM have billions worth of stock? Probably not, but they do have stock of said dated product, and the prices ARE falling as they do on everything.

So no, it's neither trolling nor wrong.
    06-21-12 12:58 AM
    Hahah that's great.. Just talk to someone who has a PB and then say how shabby the device is.. then follow up with 'I know a friend who wants one.. Sell it while you can!'
    06-21-12 01:32 AM
    Genius.

Typed with two thumbs on my PB in portrait mode with predictive keyboard to help.
    06-21-12 01:37 AM
    I want a 32GB one in camo please.
    06-21-12 10:34 AM
    "Although not trolling, I'd say you could call it trolling"

wut. it's not. And beyond that, it's even even "ignorance". What did he say that was blatantly wrong?

Is playbook out of date technology? Yes, all technology is almost immediately after release let alone years later.
    Does RIM have billions worth of stock? Probably not, but they do have stock of said dated product, and the prices ARE falling as they do on everything.

So no, it's neither trolling nor wrong.
    The specs of the PlayBook are on par or better than the majority of the tabs currently on the market so I vehemently disagree that it is outdated tech. Prices aren't falling as the retail price for the PlayBook has been steady at $199, $249, and $299. Plus, dude had a definite anti-RIM/anti-PlayBook tone to his ad.
    06-21-12 11:06 PM
    I should try that.
    I tried it on gas stations selling old unopened packs of 2 year old baseball cards when I was younger.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    06-21-12 11:41 PM
    Looking for BB playbook. Playbook is an out of date technology, the company has billions of dollars worth of this dated technology in storage and prices are plummeting and about to fall further. Being a developer I want to try/evaluate one. Interested in full accessories, protectors, chargers, case, etc only. Minimum 16gb, preference 32gb, any color. Sell now while it is still worth something. Paying cash today with pickup.150 is top end.
    LOL
    too bad he said "Minimum 16GB" because I have a Blue 8GB PlayBook i'm trying to sell
    06-22-12 12:39 AM
    LOL
    too bad he said "Minimum 16GB" because I have a Blue 8GB PlayBook i'm trying to sell
    ROTFLMAO!!! I didn't catch the "minimum" part. Makes the whole thing even funnier. Wondering if he got one and if so what color.
    06-22-12 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD