So I just bought an album on iTunes and want to transfer it to my Playbook. I've read that the songs are drm protected which won't allow you to transfer it to a non Apple device. So is there any way to do that or am I SOL?
    08-21-12 12:44 AM
    I dont think iTunes music is DRM'd anymore. Just try dragging and dropping it into the PlayBook.
    luqman24 likes this.
    08-21-12 12:49 AM
    Use the Blackberry desktop software it is super easy.
    08-21-12 06:31 AM
    Desktop manager should let you sync from itunes or failing that just find it in my music/itunes (default unless you've changed it) and drag it over
    08-21-12 06:36 AM
    Probably a dumb but related question: If you don't have itunes installed on your PC can you still purchase music from the itunes website and put in on a playbook or any other non itunes device?
    08-21-12 09:45 AM
    So I just bought an album on iTunes and want to transfer it to my Playbook. I've read that the songs are drm protected which won't allow you to transfer it to a non Apple device. So is there any way to do that or am I SOL?
    No DRM on iTunes music. The suggestions from the others (drag and drop or DM) will work just fine.

Probably a dumb but related question: If you don't have itunes installed on your PC can you still purchase music from the itunes website and put in on a playbook or any other non itunes device?
    No, you need to use an iTunes application to download from iTunes.
    ike1973 and luqman24 like this.
    08-21-12 09:49 AM
    Yeah sadly you still need the iTunes software. Same for xbox music you need the Zune software unless you are running Windows 8 it has an xbox music app built-in. I am speaking to you from the not too distant future! Luckily the DM software plays nice with either.
    08-21-12 10:44 AM
    "No DRM on iTunes music. The suggestions from the others (drag and drop or DM) will work just fine."

Strange. All of my iTunes purchases were copied to my PB, along with my music, from CD's, but they do not appear in the music app. So, something is going on.
    08-21-12 11:06 AM
    "No DRM on iTunes music. The suggestions from the others (drag and drop or DM) will work just fine."

Strange. All of my iTunes purchases were copied to my PB, along with my music, from CD's, but they do not appear in the music app. So, something is going on.
    Strange, the Playbook supports AAC format just fine, not sure why you can't see them. When you browse to the Playbook from a PC, can you see the music file and their file size/file extension?
    08-21-12 11:31 AM
    I usually transfer my iTunes music directly from my My Music -> iTunes -> iTunes Media -> Music folder from a PC. Works fine for Win XP/7 machines that I back up my PB's to. Don't even need to open iTunes at all.
    08-21-12 11:48 AM

What are the file extensions of the tunes you don't see. I have a handful of tunes that
    I bought from Apple that are in AAC format and M4P format that my PB won't play- the AAC tune is seen (but unplayable) by the Music player, the M4P tunes are not. Also, music that you've ripped from CD's using Itunes may be encoded in different formats, though the default, I think, is AAC.
    08-21-12 12:44 PM
    Use the Blackberry desktop software it is super easy.
    Ok thanks, will give it a try as soon as I get the chance
    08-21-12 06:12 PM
    Strange, the Playbook supports AAC format just fine, not sure why you can't see them. When you browse to the Playbook from a PC, can you see the music file and their file size/file extension?
    Yes. I see it in with the rest.
    08-21-12 07:05 PM
    What are the file extensions of the tunes you don't see. I have a handful of tunes that
    I bought from Apple that are in AAC format and M4P format that my PB won't play- the AAC tune is seen (but unplayable) by the Music player, the M4P tunes are not. Also, music that you've ripped from CD's using Itunes may be encoded in different formats, though the default, I think, is AAC.
    They are m4p.
    08-21-12 07:09 PM

I may have the date wrong but I think they where all DRM protected up to 2009. DRM was droped after that, so songs bought prior will only play within the iSystem.

I would just drag & drop though. I dont trust DM for that anymore. It always messed up my tags.
    08-21-12 07:27 PM
    Those who like to drag and drop you can automate that using MS Synctoy. It's handy software to have around. Download: SyncToy 2.1 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
    luqman24 likes this.
    08-21-12 08:20 PM
    Hi, i have just downloaded Sync My I Tunes app at blackberry playbook. It's working good. I suggest you to use this. It is new app at blackberry playbook for synching I tunes from your computer to Playbook.

For your help i am giving its link below.

Buy Sync My iTunes - Download Sync My iTunes - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Hmmmmmmm. It's ok to recommend an app even if you're the developer of the app. But if you're going to recommend an app you developed, at least identify yourself as the developer- don't pass yourself off as some disinterested third party. Now, why do I say you're the developer- you've posted a total of 18 times on Crackberry, and in these posts you recommended four different apps. These four apps all have the same publisher. Is that pure coincidence? I don't think so.

edit- nevermind- seems someone pulled the post I responded to.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 09-13-12 at 10:26 AM.
    09-13-12 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD