How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet (WifI Sharing)

BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Windows or Mac

The following sections outline different methods of transferring files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.

Wi-Fi Sharing

Complete the following steps to share files over a Wi-Fi connection:

From the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, select the settings icon.

Select Storage and Sharing.

Toggle Wi-Fi Sharing to ON.

Tap Properties to verify network identification information. (PlayBook name, password etc)

From a Windows or Mac based computer on the same network as the BlackBerry PlayBook, navigate to the IP
    address of the BlackBerry PlayBook which can be found under Settings > About > Network.

On a Windows computer, open the Run dialog box
    (shortcut of Windows Key + R) and type file:\\127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1
    should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)

On a Mac computer, select Go > Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1
    (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    FF22, mpetrol and GV2012 like this.
    02-18-13 06:18 PM
    Thanks. I have been lazy to set this up and just been been emailing files back and forth haha.
    Going to get to it now. No excuses.
    02-19-13 10:01 AM
    Thanks. I have been lazy to set this up and just been been emailing files back and forth haha.
    Going to get to it now. No excuses.
    omg. do you still use candles in your home as well? lol jk of course. I love this feature. perfect for sending wallpapers you happen to find or anything else.

once you have this set up, create a shortcut of the "media" folder on your desktop for quick access
    02-19-13 10:06 AM
    Yeah this is a awesome feature, one thing though i went to transfer over 150 songs all at once and half way through it lost the connection, maybe just a overload for it, so i had to do it the ol way via USB, oh well.

I only recommend doing small transfers ( like a 50 pictures at a time or 20-30 songs at a time and so forth) and so forth, its trial and error as if you bog your router wifi down the transfer will stall or lose connection even though it shows your connected still, just turn wifi off and on again on the playbook.

Any large transfers us USB cable instead.
    02-19-13 02:23 PM