Here's how I synced my BB and PB calendar:

1. Download Tungle (free app) - under Options choose which calendars you want to sync and how often to sync. I synced my MSN account with Tungle.
    2. I use my MSN account for my default calendar on my BB. I added my MSN account to my PB email and allowed it to sync my calendar, contacts, etc.
    3. Tungle automatically syncs all events from my MSN account with my BB and PB
    02-21-12 06:21 PM
    I would add a requirement to sync Tasks and Memos. Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Memos should sync via DM, just like they can with Berries.

No I don't want to go through Google or any other 3rd party tool. That's just asking for disconnects and incompatibilities to pop up.

Serious gap for me.

- R.
    02-21-12 06:29 PM
    On your phone, go to app world and download BB Bridge 2.0 . This should resolve the sync of contacts and calendar.
    02-21-12 06:33 PM
    I would settle for the same interface as is now used for native email, for example, being available for bridged-mode email with the same level of unified communications as permitted for native email users but keep all my email, contacts, calendar, etc. on the smartphone but viewed on the tablet thereby providing the same user experience for bridge-mode and native users. Only seems reasonable given the consolidation of a single web browser now and the dual file managers in OS 2.0 (bridge files and native file manager). Hopefully, OS 2.1 will bring those features.
    02-21-12 07:16 PM
    On your phone, go to app world and download BB Bridge 2.0 . This should resolve the sync of contacts and calendar.
    Dl bridge 2.0 well before Os 2.0. Bridging is fine it's just a matter of syncing with pre-existing calendar. Atm I'm putting up with using a new Gmail account to sync, but I still can't use the 'phone to make an appointment that syncs.
    02-21-12 07:17 PM
    Most of us use Outlook for our primary email service. That is, if we are in the business world. Not having a smooth sync of all Outlook services: Mail, Calendar, Tasks, Memo's, is a very bad thing.
    Come on RIM, you can do better.
    02-21-12 07:29 PM
    I am sticking with bridge for now for calendar and email. I was always happy with it.
    02-21-12 07:55 PM
    rim owns Tungle
    03-04-12 06:13 PM
    Has anyone come up with a solution to syncing from BB cal to PB native cal? Can't believe RIM were dumb enough to not get this working, seems ridiculous, have tried syncing various different ways, (even adding Tungle) no go!!! The only thing I have noticed is, if I add an attendee to the appointment via the BB, it then syncs to the PB, without attendee, will NOT sync!
    03-05-12 05:09 AM
    I have hit the same walls many others have mentioned. It's extremely frustrating but I'm beginning to think at least part of the blame lies with Google. So far as I've seen there is no way to sync the Gmail calendar on your phone with the Gmail calendar on your playbook. However, I did notice that my MSN account had no issues at all. I'm seriously considering getting rid of Google and going to Hotmail for personal as well as school use (school being all I use it for now). Furthermore, I was able to invite attendees with my Hotmail account connected to my PlayBook which can't be done with a Gmail account. Hope this helps some people.
    04-28-12 02:45 PM
    In addtion to this, I now can't see all of my contacts on my PB bridged contacts since on my phone some are listed as default and others as unknown as the contact type. The "unknown" ones, which for some reason seem to be most of mine, don't show in the bridged list either. So I can't even use that fall back, which I would be ok with if they all showed as they did before the update. Still trying to find the way to fix this as I'm sure there is a way. Just haven't found it yet
    If you use an email service for your contacts (calendar, etc.) ensure it is your default account (Options�Device�Advanced System Settings�Default Services). This will make it so contacts don't wind up in odd address books like the "Unknown" and you should be able to see them in your bridge contact app as well as your native PlayBook contacts if the email account is one you added to your PlayBook. Another, less favorable, option would be to go through the same steps above and use the "unknown" list as you default contacts. If you have your other contacts stored with an email account attached to your phone and PlayBook this would allow you to view the "unknown" contact list with bridge and the other contacts would show in the native PlayBook contacts. One of the drawbacks to this is that you would have to remember to change the contact list from default to your connected email account anytime you added a new contact in your phone and any contact added automatically, by Poynt or BBM contact card be sent would be put in the default "unknown" list. Hope this helps.
    04-28-12 03:17 PM
    Still not real solution to the sync problem after a year? Really? I mean yes the bridge feature works, but as i move from wireless location to wireless location I don't want to have to activate it every time just to send an email, and no I don't want to have to use a third source like google or whomever just to do it. If I can sync my Torch to my Outlook contacts on my laptop or PC why should I not then be able to sync my Torch with my Playbook? I'm not being lazy I just expect my equipment to help me be productive. I bought the Playbook to replace my IPad for the size and because I wanted the bridge feature when I'm working out of the office, but not being able to sync the contacts and calendar without using a third outside source is just insane.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    01-22-13 10:01 AM
    Totally agree after one year this should have been fixed. So frustrating!
    01-22-13 06:11 PM
    In spite of actually liking BB products I have always found there attitude to customers and customer use dam awful. Its just another factor why they deserved to go broke. What company on earth is not capable of linking there own products via their own software?

As the say the lunatics have taken over the asylum! The management should have been kicked out 5 years ago, no vision, no comprehension and no desire to live in the modern world.
    12-31-13 01:42 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD