So im considering purchasing a Playbook since it is on sale still. Still don't know if I want to spend the money on something I don't really NEED per say. I don't do that kind of work. I was wondering how the video streaming is say from FOX.com to watch TV shows while bridged. My BOLD 9650 is on VZW and VZW doesn't have the fastest 3G speed. Will I have a lot of buffering, or will it work well. I live in NYC so i pretty much have full service everywhere.

Any other reasons why I should buy the device? It is awesome but I don't know if I should take the plunge.

Thank you for the input.
    03-03-12 09:25 AM
    3G via bridge will probably not serve good video streams.
    But if you're in NYC, it won't be difficult to find a wifi hotspot around.

Should You buy ?
    Well, it really depends of what usage and attempts you have.
    Could you be more specific about what you intend to do with, beside fox.com ?
    03-03-12 10:26 AM
    I stream fine off my Subsonic server bridged with my old 9700, and now with my 9900. In Subsonic, I set the bitrate lower when bridged, and on a 7" screen you can hardly tell the difference. The most important part is it worked fine with my 9700, and it works even better with the 9900!
    03-03-12 10:29 AM
    I stream fine off my Subsonic server bridged with my old 9700, and now with my 9900. In Subsonic, I set the bitrate lower when bridged, and on a 7" screen you can hardly tell the difference. The most important part is it worked fine with my 9700, and it works even better with the 9900!
    Do you stream over 3G ?
    03-03-12 10:55 AM
    Superfly is right. Streaming over the network using bridge is awful. Not worth the hassle or the hit to your data plan. I've tried to stream live hockey through the CBC website using bridge and it won't even load half the time.
    03-03-12 11:26 AM
    To be honest, I don't know if it's carrier speed that is the issue for some, but for me, I stream movies, YouTube, and many other sites via blackberry bridge. All I do is press the 'pause' button for about 30 seconds to give the buffering a head start. I drive and watch movies and YouTube video all the time. All via Bridge.
    03-03-12 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD