i was wondering if i had to install an app on my playbook, to stream from my windows home server to my playbook, when im out of town for the week. wanna stream my movies and music from my server at home to my playbook. any help is appreciated
    01-27-12 01:57 PM
    PlayOn is the app you need on both the PC and the PlayBook. Works with Netflix too.

Make sure your connection at home is fast enough. Some cable connections are fast one way and only 1-2Mbps going out, which may be too slow.
    01-27-12 02:48 PM
    PlayOn is the app you need on both the PC and the PlayBook. Works with Netflix too.

Make sure your connection at home is fast enough. Some cable connections are fast one way and only 1-2Mbps going out, which may be too slow.
    must be os2 beta, it's not on appworld. try orb launcher
    01-27-12 05:18 PM
    Download subsonic (subsonic.org) and the Sonicair app. Subsonic is free and you can access movies and and music using the browser for free. SonicAir is slick but you need to donate to subsonic and get a license before it will work with the app. It is fastest if you convert your movies to .flv because it runs .flv natively. Other formats have to be converted by the server on the fly which can lead to pausing. i really like the music capability as well. it is very versatile and the quality is good. You can also use your Playbook to remotely control music playback on the server. So if you have your server connected to your sound system you can create playlists and control playback on the sever through your Playbook.
    01-27-12 06:46 PM
    must be os2 beta, it's not on appworld. try orb launcher
    Sorry, it has been a while since I used Playon. On the Playbook you access the server via the PlayBook's browser.
    01-27-12 07:06 PM
    Download subsonic (subsonic.org) and the Sonicair app. Subsonic is free and you can access movies and and music using the browser for free. SonicAir is slick but you need to donate to subsonic and get a license before it will work with the app. It is fastest if you convert your movies to .flv because it runs .flv natively. Other formats have to be converted by the server on the fly which can lead to pausing. i really like the music capability as well. it is very versatile and the quality is good. You can also use your Playbook to remotely control music playback on the server. So if you have your server connected to your sound system you can create playlists and control playback on the sever through your Playbook.
    +1 on this, I run Subsonic on my WHS 2011 (in addition to Plex and XBMC since there is no clients for BB yet).

But if you have a decent CPU you dont need to worry about converting your files ahead of time. It will transcode nicely on the fly.
    01-27-12 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD