Thanks for the post! It works really well.

Playbook should be able to play audio-video from my home network/shared folders/NAS without having to download apps.

This solves the problem for now though!
    12-28-11 10:47 AM
    So you just go to orb.com, download the orb caster program, install that on your computer, get the PB launcher app and that's it? No fees? What is that on the orb page top right saying purchase something?
    12-28-11 02:39 PM
    Thanks for this really useful thread and youtube video, very impressed with this on my Playbook but the video is very blocky , is there any way to improve the video quality at all as it just looks very low res to me. Most of the source files I'm streaming are 720p .mkv files which obviously look fantastic if I convert them to mp4 using freemake or something , would be nice to be able to use Orb and get them looking reasonable cos right now the video quality just doesn't seem to be up to scratch.

Cheers
    fritzela likes this.
    01-08-12 05:45 AM
    i can not seem to stream through wifi..

i dont understand

im using my modem/router , my playbook as 192.168.x.x ip..
    02-05-12 08:45 AM
    Help

I get an eroor message during install:

Setup was unable to connect to internet.

I feel so stupid.
    03-15-12 08:47 PM
    I have a question. I have set up Orb and it seems to be working OK. I can stream videos from my iTune library to my PB. Is there any way to stream video from an external HD that is attached to my PC to my PB. I can't see any way to browse to the external HD.
    03-15-12 11:55 PM
    Thanks man you are the best, all worked perfect on my mac/PB , could you please advice on orb mini controller & how to use it and what its made for, as it can't connect as it says cant find a device ?
    03-16-12 09:09 AM
    I seem to have the same problem. I've installed Orb Launcher on the PB, installed Orb on my PC, got registered, can log in. But when I try to connect the PC to the PB, I get an error message saying Orb device (presumably my PB) could not be found. I've searched unsuccessfully in the Orb database for a solution to this problem.
    03-16-12 10:37 PM
    Thanks! Works great! One question: does this use up internet usage?
    03-17-12 01:38 PM
    I was not even able to download Orb. Please help.
    08-03-13 09:02 AM
    I was not even able to download Orb. Please help.
    What are you trying to do? This is a two year old thread, and if you're just trying to stream music/video from your PC to your PB on your home network, there are now much easier ways to do it.
    08-03-13 09:20 AM
    This may not be much more help than the previous comment but it's a place to start

Google
    08-03-13 11:41 AM
112 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD