Not sure if I've missed it somewhere, but is there a way to bridge my PB with my BB and NOT have the incoming call alert? (the other bridge red corner alerts are not as vital). The reason I ask is because I often hook up my PB to my TV in the living room and am now very excited about the opportunity to use my BB as a PB remote, since it means I do not have to keep close to the TV (my HDMI cable is about 2 feet long).

However, I know that if I'm using my PB and it's bridged to my BB, then it freezes whatever media is playing and displays the "incoming call from so-and-so" pop up with the option of silencing the ringer, or just displays the blinking red corner alert for an incoming msg/email. Because of this, I don't bridge to my BB when I have the PB hooked up to the TV, esp if I'm watching with others, in order to listen to/watch media uninterrupted. BUT, I'd love to be able to use my BB as a PB remote, so, is there a way to disable the incoming msg/phone call alerts on the PB when bridged to the phone?

{I don't care if my phone still rings/alerts (I can always put it in vibrate or silent mode adn check any incoming msgs/calls, if important, without disturbing everyone and interrupting the media playing then)}
    Fuzzballz likes this.
    03-06-12 02:35 PM
    Not sure if I've missed it somewhere, but is there a way to bridge my PB with my BB and NOT have the incoming call alert? (the other bridge red corner alerts are not as vital). The reason I ask is because I often hook up my PB to my TV in the living room and am now very excited about the opportunity to use my BB as a PB remote, since it means I do not have to keep close to the TV (my HDMI cable is about 2 feet long).

However, I know that if I'm using my PB and it's bridged to my BB, then it freezes whatever media is playing and displays the "incoming call from so-and-so" pop up with the option of silencing the ringer, or just displays the blinking red corner alert for an incoming msg/email. Because of this, I don't bridge to my BB when I have the PB hooked up to the TV, esp if I'm watching with others, in order to listen to/watch media uninterrupted. BUT, I'd love to be able to use my BB as a PB remote, so, is there a way to disable the incoming msg/phone call alerts on the PB when bridged to the phone?

{I don't care if my phone still rings/alerts (I can always put it in vibrate or silent mode adn check any incoming msgs/calls, if important, without disturbing everyone and interrupting the media playing then)}
    I agree that this is a necessary user-facing setting; it's one of the many details I can't believe RIM didn't think to catch in the oh-so-many months they had to finalize OS 2.
    03-06-12 02:50 PM

In regards to the red glowing corner, go to settings(gear icon), select 'Sounds & Notifications', scroll down and there is a drop down menu for visual notifications. You can set it for both, or either one.

As for the call popup, good point. I went to the bridge options menu on the phone and it seems as though there are tick boxes for almost everything except this. Would be nice to have it added.
    03-06-12 03:36 PM
    Do you not want to be notified if you have a call? Granted when your phone is with you its not really needed unless you're on silent but if your phone is in another room on vibrate or silent I like it.
    03-06-12 04:14 PM
    On a side note, you can still use JUST the remote feature without the BB being actively on bridge. You can disable the bridge but still remote the PB. At least mine works like this,
    Demetris
    03-06-12 04:30 PM
    Do you not want to be notified if you have a call? Granted when your phone is with you its not really needed unless you're on silent but if your phone is in another room on vibrate or silent I like it.
    One person's feature is another's annoyance, and one should be able to disable this.
    03-06-12 04:33 PM
    One person's feature is another's annoyance, and one should be able to disable this.
    Too true.............. choice is good. Just sometimes we don't one in a lot of things.
    03-06-12 04:42 PM
    If your not using the bridge, disconnect it and you won't get the call notification.
    03-06-12 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD