i have brand new pb,but cannot get it setup ;( No home network so went to McD,s. Start setup, select english language, nxt screen picks up McDS free netwrk syas connected (altho it cannot show McDs usual agreement so I havent agreed to their terms), then on next screen I have no options in Select Country and i can,t continue.... Any ideas?? Very frustrating as i cant get into the PB at all!
    12-26-11 02:28 AM
    Make sure it is charged fully, then click on the link below my signature and it will tell you how.

Welcome to the forums!
    12-26-11 02:49 AM
    If you have not agreed to their terms then you will not connect to their network.
    12-26-11 08:50 AM
    Yes, McDonalds, like most public access hotspots, requires you to accept Terms of Use before you can use the network. Do you have a family member or neighbor or work spot where you could connect wirelessly? Otherwise try connecting through BB Desktop Manager and completing the setup that way.
    12-26-11 12:29 PM
    I am pretty sure there have been threads where folks have done the initial setup at public wifi spots. I don't know if McD's was one of them. But I thought that folks do get an opportunity to see the log-on screens but I might not be recalling fully.

While not optimal, wifi routers can be relatively cheap.

Good luck.
    12-26-11 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD