I had sync'ed my playbook with an outlook account at one time, but have since deleted that account. But my playbook local calendar is still currently filled with meetings and notifications from that deleted account. How do I reset or clear the local calendar? Thanks
    07-09-12 03:41 PM
    no one knows?
    Bump
    07-11-12 10:41 PM
    I don't understand what you mean by "outlook" account. Outlook is a program from Microsoft that can organize your email messages, calendar & contacts from several email accounts.

The PB messages, calendar & contacts apps are connected to whatever email accounts you setup on the PB, and are not connected to Outlook. A lot of us here wish we could sync directly between the PB & Outlook (like we can with our phones using the BB Desktop Software) but sadly its not possible.

It seems to me that any calendar data associated with one of your email accounts would have been deleted from the PB when you deleted that account. If not, I can't see anyway to delete it all other than to delete each unwanted entry or do a security wipe... or, even better, call RIM's help line and see what they say and post their answer here when you have it.
    07-12-12 08:23 AM
    You could go into your calendar settings on the PlayBook and delete the email account you no longer want. PlayBook settings,top right on home screen, accounts, manage accounts, click on the pencil,and then the waste basket next to the account you no longer want. Hope that is what you are asking.
    07-12-12 08:43 AM
    I had sync'ed my playbook with an outlook account at one time, but have since deleted that account. But my playbook local calendar is still currently filled with meetings and notifications from that deleted account. How do I reset or clear the local calendar? Thanks
    i have the same problem. i used to have my work email (microsoft exchange) linked to the Playbook's message (email) and calendar app. I deleted the account off my PB, but I still get calendar notices. weird.

I wonder if this is old calendar info that's saved on the PB despite deleting the account. Put a new event on your Outlook for today or tomorrow, and see if it (or a reminder) appears on your PB. I should try that, but my PB is at home (and I'm at work).
    07-12-12 12:40 PM
    When I said the Outlook account, I meant an account on Microsoft Exchange server. Sorry.

And that account has been deleted off the playbook for a while. I actually currently don't have any email accounts in my settings.

But the old recurring meetings from the exchange server from that time still show up on my calendar, even though they are no longer sync'ed. (And newly created meetings from Outlook on Windows obviously are not showing up on playbook.) I haven't try deleting the meetings off individually. I was hoping to be able to delete/reset the local calendar in one shot.
    07-14-12 04:11 AM
    All those hidden shortcuts we appreciate--like rset in this case--in BlackBerry phones don't yet exist in QNX powered devices. In the meantime, I'm not sure how you can clear those calendar items unless you can see them.
    07-14-12 05:46 AM
    Accounts, default accounts, change calendar doesn't help?
    07-14-12 08:25 AM
    Accounts, default accounts, change calendar doesn't help?
    Nope. Local calendar is the only one selectable in the change calendar pulldown menu.
    07-16-12 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD