My configuration is:

• PlayBook v1.0.6.2390
    • 9700 Bold v5.0.0.593 (platform 5.1.0.147)

Symptoms of my problems:

Each time I turn my 9700 off an on again, it won't establish the bluetooth connection with the PlayBook any more. Only after a restart via battery pull the connection works again.

What have I tried so far?

I have followed the official blackberry workaround, changing the bluetooth settings on the OS5 9700. That helped because before doing so I had to delete both devices on each device and rerun the installation procedure all over in order to get a connection.

My remaining questions:

• Is this a hardware or a software problem?
    • Will an update to OS6 on my 9700 help?
    • Is there going to be a solution to that problem provided by Blackberry soon?

Since the Playbook is only half the fun without the bridge and since the battery pull leads to a very slow restart procedure, and if I'm not the only user with that problem, I think Blackberry should hurry up presentin a solution!

Best wishes

Higs
    06-24-11 08:54 AM
    I've got the 9700 and running 6.0.0.576. Occasionally got problems with bridge before the latest update, but not anymore. Can switch off BT, and when I switch it on it connects again to bridge. I would say give OS6 a try, it's a lot better than the first few builds. I hate the new browser, but Opera Mini works great and I use that only.
    06-24-11 09:03 AM
    I had the same sort of problem as well. I added a password to my BB but then realized that a PB doesn't play nice with a password-enabled phone. So, I restarted my PB, removed the password from my BB. Then, I removed my bridge profile and wanted to re-add it.

I was able to pair it, but the bridge didn't work. I deleted bridge from my phone and reinstalled it, but that didn't do anything. I tried both manual and barcode pairing - nothing. It could not authenticate with my BB.

So, I went to "Internet Tethering" on the PB. Set up a connection through there and it worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-11 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD