Wrote this in answer to a post thought it may be useful.

It is very simple and safe to load Apps Via Good E Reader Dot Com

How to load Apps Via GoodEReader!

First of all check to see if your PB is being recognised by your Blackberry desktop software. If yes continue, If not that is most likely the problem! Maybe faulty USB cable!
    YOU MUST STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR BLACKBERRY DESK TOP SOFTWARE TO INSTALL APP'S VIA GOOD E READER

1. Check to see if you have latest Java installed if not install it

2. Download DDPB 1.9 if you haven't got it already. It is available from here DDPB.msi Delete any older versions of DDPB.

3. On your PB Press the "Settings Icon" go to "Security" choose "Development Mode" and make sure it is switched to "ON" then set a "Password" something simple like "12345".

4. Open DDPB 1.9 click the "Scan" button that should input the "Development IP Address" then enter your "Password" "12345" then click the "Connect" button.

4a. If your "Development IP Address" does not show once you have pressed "Scan" press the " Development mode Icon" which is located at the top of the your PB screen on the right hand side, write down the first IP address on a piece of paper and then type it into the boxes next to the "Scan" button then enter your "Password" and click the "Connect" button.

5. Now in DDPB click the "Add (A)" button and search for your Playbook it will be something like playbook "Z"! If it is there you are ready to install Apps!

Lets install some Apps!

6. While everything is still connected to your computer, on your Playbook open your browser and go the Blackberry Apps page of Good E Reader Dot Com (via wireless) and download the Apps you want, (do them 1 at a time at until you have succeeded).

7. Now click on the "Add(A)" button and find your PB "z" open it and go to the "Downloads" folder select the App you want to install, you will see it load to the main box of DDPB called "Application Name" when it is there select it, then click the "Install(I)" button.

Note:
    It is a good idea to tick the "Run on Playbook..." box before you press "Install" that will run your new App for you once its finished loading, so you can see it working on your PB.

Your App should be running fine works for me every time!
    03-07-12 07:26 PM
    Do all apps work for you? Half the apps I got from this site just hangs with black screen.
    03-07-12 07:53 PM
    Do all apps work for you? Half the apps I got from this site just hangs with black screen.
    I have found only the ones with only .bar work, and I have found only one or two of them have not worked like the iheart radio app.
    03-07-12 08:54 PM
    I've downloaded and installed several of the apps and they all seem to work. However, I am hoping that someone puts together a list of comparing apps so that until there are official BlackBerry PlayBook releases users can decide whether or not to load them.
    03-07-12 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD