also the word to go app is horrible at rendering my documents correctly.
    Absolutely correct. There is no reason the Docs-to-Go suite is not full-featured and capable of rendering Microsoft Office documents (.doc, .xls, and .ppt) with full compatibility with Microsoft Office considering that Microsoft is supposed to be a "BlackBerry partner." Otherwise, make Docs-to-Go fully compatible with OpenOffice and/or LibreOffice and leave Microsoft in the dustbin. However, the corporate and institutional reliance on Microsoft Office probably rules out Research In Motion ever telling Microsoft adios. Yet, Microsoft Office documents remain one of the key vectors of virus and trojan infestations within organizations. And no Adobe Portable Document Format documents are not immune from carrying their own malicious payloads from time to time. Poor software engineering; maybe they need a few less graduates from Waterloo and a few more security-focused software engineers to match Research In Motion's otherwise stellar track record pertaining to security. Sorry... I was dreaming and just awoke to reality.
    09-25-11 06:21 PM
    Sometimes my workmates radio me with random question, and after a minute of 'thinking' I can give them an excellent answer. It makes me look like a genius!
    Perception is all that matters. Reality, not so much.
    09-25-11 06:23 PM
    i use it for work mostly. rarely use my blackberry anymore except for calls. great mounted in my car for my hour commute. has increased my productivity and responsiveness beyond my wildest expectations. absolutely love it and am addicted
    09-25-11 07:10 PM
    It's pretty handy at work however. Sometimes my workmates radio me with random question, and after a minute of 'thinking' I can give them an excellent answer. It makes me look like a genius!
    Need a moment? Chew it over with Playbook!

Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-25-11 at 07:21 PM.
    09-25-11 07:17 PM
    100% Play.
    09-25-11 07:21 PM
    I've had my PlayBook since launch day, and have gone from playing with it every day to maybe 2-3 times per week. I use it for 70% web browsing (I've found it especially useful when needing to save/open a PDF from the web, anything from an electronic manual for a TV to a restaurant take out menu!), 20% video media consumtion (including streaming web content to the TV via HDMI), and 10% other consiting of books, music, or trrying to find a useful app. I use it 0% for work, I never use the Bridge function (I find it easier to just use my Torch) and I'd say I've found no "killer apps" and no game that is worthwhile. I'd like to ask everyone, do you find that the Bridge Browser really works in a useful manner? Usually when I try it the "web page opening status bar" just goes to 50% and stops. Once in a while it works. One time I was amazed at how good it was working until I realized it was the wifi :-(

The time that I am the most glad I have it? Plane travel. It rocks as a movie player. Great picture & perfect aspect ratio, unlike the iPad. I'd say it exceeded my expectations when I first got it, and is slowly going downhill as I realize we may never get Kindle, Netflix, Xfinity, or many decent apps. We'll see what the Android emulator brings, but I am not holding my breath for that to arrive or to be a home run when it does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 05:58 PM
    100% Play.
    beat me to it!
    09-27-11 06:06 PM
    I hardly use my playbook anymore. After spending months trying to make sub-par (at best) applications work for me I pretty much gave up. It now sits in a bag in hopes that RIM can create something useful with a big v2.0 release. Developers need to get on board if this is going to turn in to something worth owning.
    09-27-11 06:07 PM
    I use it to browse the net, take notes bbm, send emails, read news, download torrents to PC, control my PC via teamviewer and finally stream TV shows and sports. I can't allocate % but I barely use my laptop anymore.

09-27-11 06:10 PM
    As a camera and Facebook-browser and almost nothing else. The most complete web experience is too frustrating. Yes, it does LOOK great, but when I go to link-dense sites I always pop up ads or something just trying to scroll down the page, if I can even get the page to load. Many times it just freezes with the load bar in perpetual load mode(even with pretty simple websites). The HuffingtonPost app does not work, the Youtube app pales in comparison to the iPad version, Kobo books only properly displays some books, Bing maps doesn't work as smoothly as regular ol' Google maps, the Podcast app takes too long to get my podcasts(iTunes somehow gets them a few hours after they've aired live) other than ScoreMobile, I have yet to find an app that I use somewhat regularly.
    09-27-11 07:15 PM
    I almost use it for everything you can think of these days. I almost can't wake up properly if I wasn't able to roll over, curse the day and turn it on my Playbook. Most of the time I find myself shutting down my laptop and just turning it on instead. I find it easier and less balky. I can't wait for the upgrade though. I have only had mine for a month or so and I am beginning to know how the rest have been feeling, but I still would not ever leave Blackberry and its products.
    09-27-11 11:39 PM
    I almost use it for everything you can think of these days. I almost can't wake up properly if I wasn't able to roll over, curse the day and turn it on my Playbook. Most of the time I find myself shutting down my laptop and just turning it on instead. I find it easier and less balky. I can't wait for the upgrade though. I have only had mine for a month or so and I am beginning to know how the rest have been feeling, but I still would not ever leave Blackberry and its products.
    it does make life easier. i wanted to get a pc for home, so that my macbook could go with me. for $250, you cannot go wrong!

09-27-11 11:41 PM
    Most of my web browsing is done on my pb, including work related, entertainment, banking, etc....

i play a bit of games on downtime, and stream amazon prime videos for entertainment. I have some music to play when im at work, and some hd tv shows and movies for downtime as well.
    09-28-11 12:20 AM
    I was doing most everything on my 9930 until I started up the Bridge. Now I do most of my web searching on my PB. I watch a lot of You Tube music videos and listen to my music that I have loaded. I still do all of that on my phone if I only want to carry one item, but I rarely use my pc anymore, and I haven't touched my laptop in weeks. Love the 9930/PB combo!

09-28-11 09:47 AM
    Work related issues are currently typically restricted to e-mail and word/sheets to go - say 20% of time. I haven't used it for slideshow to go yet but will be for presentations at conferences, if I can work through a HDMI cable to most projectors, sales meetings, technical presentations, etc. That'll push it up to about 30% work. If we can figure out how to get Apps made for geo-environmental work - log preparation, slope stability calcs, hydraulic conductivity calcs, modelling etc - I could see well over 60 % business use with the added benefit of all the rest of its capabilities.
    09-28-11 01:06 PM
    For me, it's about 20% school-related, another 20% media-related (pics/audio/video), maybe 10% gaming-related, and the rest is mostly just surfing the web and using BBM via Bridge.
    This pretty much is how I use mine. Just put the 20% from school related into surfing the web.
    09-28-11 01:28 PM
    I am just wondering how majority of the owners here use their Playbooks. Is it for play, work, internet, gaming, etc.

About 75% of mine gets used for work purposes. Looking at drawings and schematics. The other 25% is for fun and pleasure surfing the net and a few games.

For work i love being able to zoom in on certain parts of schematics and not have to turn to my PC every time i'm troubleshooting a circuit board. Also makes it VERY nice to respond to emails anywhere in the office, and not having to like at my little 2.5" screen. I take all my meeting notes on it, and able to show pics from failures and boards that have burned up rather then just using my phone.

This is just something to see how we all adapted the Playbook for needs.
    Unfortunately im one of the few who have a playbook without a blackberry (i sold my 9700 after getting official OS 6 and finding a million and a half bugs, browser crashes etc...)
    so i really cannot use my playbook for much more than gaming or web browsing.

Your probably asking why would you buy a playbook without a bb? Well it just happened to be half price at best buy and it was an impulse buy .

Sucks that my nexus S's bluetooth tether does not work with playbook, i rape my battery with the portable hotspot for this playbook.

all things said, the playbook is not that bad, it just badly needs its 2.0 update to be competitive app wise.
    09-28-11 02:09 PM
    I got mine mostly for commuting. Much easier to use than my iPad on a crowded bus. I have a Zagg/mate keyboard, and it gets cumberson on commutes - good for work, but...... Tethering on PB allows me to view my emails, listen to podcasts, etc. Handier than the iPad for shopping type things. Two very distinct uses for me. Only had it a few weeks, but despite shortage of apps, I've been able to cover off most things I do.
    10-10-11 11:41 AM
    I would say I use my PlayBook 65% browsing and 35% everything else, but those numbers are flexible on a day to day basis
    10-10-11 12:06 PM
    It could help me at work if i can remember where are the attachments of my emails !! i keep looking for them with no hope , BBM my family and friends as i find it easier than the phone .. Lots of browsing os news and sports with spider solitaire every now and then... Where you guys take the notes in your meetings? What you use??
    Last edited by talal55; 10-10-11 at 01:26 PM.
    10-10-11 12:38 PM
    I use my PlayBook to browse the web on wifi sitting on the couch at home or drinking a latte at Starbucks. I use it to watch DVDs that I rip/convert/transfer to PlayBook on the commuter train. I use it to read Kobo ebooks. I have a few paid and free music apps (ear training, guitar chord reference, tuner) that I use sometimes but not as much as I would if they were better apps (i.e. as good as iPad apps). I play Need for Speed a couple of times a week and my kids love it too. My wife plays Mahjong on it (too often).

It gets a lot of use but I still wish RIM would deliver on the promises.
    10-10-11 01:10 PM
    100% toy and I love it!
    10-10-11 01:28 PM
    80 percent professional business tool/20 percent toy, and I love it!

I do none of the things the OP lists. Primary use - mobile web browser anywhere I can make a phone call.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-10-11 at 02:53 PM.
    10-10-11 02:51 PM
    It could help me at work if i can remember where are the attachments of my emails !! i keep looking for them with no hope , BBM my family and friends as i find it easier than the phone .. Lots of browsing os news and sports with spider solitaire every now and then... Where you guys take the notes in your meetings? What you use??
    Your download folder? swipe down from the top of your browser and there is a download icon, or you can go there through a file manager app.
    10-10-11 10:32 PM
    i use mine for work, emails,researching stock,browsing the web and posting to reply on CB
    10-11-11 02:22 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD