I use mine for browsing the web. I usually start on Twitter and follow links or I start with Web Reader (news feed app) and follow links. I don't use many apps but I have tried many.

I also use it for song chord/lyrics. I will download them or transfer them to the playbook and use the WordToGo app or the Adobe Acrobat app to view the song sheets. I have a music stand where put the PlayBook on usually in portrait mode and then I set the song sheet so I can see all the words on one screen so that I don't have to stop playing to scroll for more. I also use it for video and audio recording so I can see how I sound or how our group sounds. The camera is great for outdoor use but poor for indoor use. The sound recording is fabulous.

I take the PlayBook with me when I know I am going to be idle for an extended period of time like Dr's office, shopping mall etc. Being small and bridged makes it a pleasure to have.

I could make a list of all the things I don't use it for too, perhaps in another thread.
    10-11-11 09:04 AM
    I use mine for many things, but the latest thing I use it for is thanks to a post I saw here. I run aVNC on it, TightVNC on the laptop, and the laptop is hooked to a projector. This is for my church. The Pastor has the PlayBook on the pulpit, and it's the perfect size and doesn't take up too much room. PowerPoint is running on the laptop. He controls the presentation from the PlayBook. It's awesome. No one even knows he is doing it because they can't even see it. He likes it because he can look at the PB and not have to keep turning and looking at the screen.

And the PlayBook is rock solid. I don't have to worry about it crashing or anything during the middle of the service, which was my biggest fear with another OS.
    paysonw likes this.
    10-11-11 09:20 AM
    Since it seems the sales brought in several new members, I thought I'd revive this thread to see what others can add to it. i have seen several good ideas on here that i'm going try and see how they work for me.

I'm also hoping that with DEVCON going on some may have found if a few more ways to use their playbook.
    10-21-11 07:53 AM
    I started this thread last year, and with some many new comers, i thought i'd revive it. I know it's been said before, but i wanna see how many different ideas do appear on one thread. And with the approach of 2.0 about to go live, it may interesting to see how this turns out.
    02-01-12 06:25 AM
    i am finding new and interesting things to do daily.

today installed imtvnc and am now sat here logged in to my main pc via vnc and copying files to my playbook without being in the same building.

at the same time reading threads on here via pb, downloading some torrents on my pc, listening to nobex.

what could be simpler?
    02-01-12 06:30 PM
    I use my Playbook for a variety and a mix of work and personal stuff.

I usually begin my day by reading the news (News360 app), Crackberry (using the Crackberry app) and email by using the Playbook. I find myself surfing the internet a little during breakfast.

If I have to drive that day ( I work from home), I load the playbook full of podcasts and music to make the drive around town a little easier. During this time, I use the Excel app to keep track of mileage and expense reports.

During the day I find myself reading and sending email using the Bridge Email app.

I normally find myself reading from the Kobo app in the evening or playing Modern Combat and getting my -kicked.

During presentations and teaching, I use the Adobe app to read my notes I have saved in PDF form.

Like I said, it undertakes a variety of uses throughout the day.

Just my thoughts
    02-04-12 08:24 PM
    For me it's 40% work, 30% web related and the rest it's gaming. love it and I'm counting the days until 2.0 release.
    02-05-12 11:20 AM
    Partly for all of the reasons above but mostly...to make people stop, look and ask "what's THAT?!" (I just love showing it off)
    02-05-12 11:36 AM
    partly for all of the reasons above but mostly...to make people stop, look and ask "what's that?!" (i just love showing it off) :d
    whats that?
    02-05-12 01:13 PM
    whats that?
    Well it's by RIM and, and...it's just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-05-12 01:56 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD