I noticed that I really haven't restarted my PlayBook much at all in the week+ that I have had it. App installs and uninstalls don't require a restart. The only time a restart is required is when there is an actual OS update. The last time I restarted my PB was when I upgraded to 1710. When was that? Last Thursday?

Today I was having an odd issue with my Bridge apps - they just didn't want to connect with my BB. It finally dawned on me to restart my PB. After restart everything worked like a charm.

The point of this post is to commend the PB for not requiring a restart for every install/uninstall. Also to remind others that if they are having connectivity problems, they might try a restart.
    Last edited by rbenjamin; 04-29-11 at 11:13 AM.
    04-29-11 11:05 AM
    I think I've done it once or twice in the past week other than when I was asked to after the initial update.
    04-29-11 11:08 AM
    I did have to restart when youtube would not show a video and only showed an Exclamation point. Clearing the cache did not fix it.
    04-29-11 11:57 AM
    I had to restart it the first time when I lost the sound to the keyboard input. I had to restart the second time when I lost the Keyboard completely and it wouldn't come up. So, that makes 2 times since I've owned it.
    04-29-11 11:59 AM
    The initial update out of the box is the only restart I've done. No reason to restart yet.
    04-29-11 12:02 PM
    Firmware updates only for our 2 playbooks.
    04-29-11 12:10 PM
    I do a battery pull once a day just like with any blackberry.... man is it tedious on this thing...
    04-29-11 12:11 PM
    I tried playing a video while I was usb connected and the media player would only show a black screen. It continued until I did a restart. At first I thought it didn't like the .m4v extension but they play fine now.
    04-29-11 12:14 PM
    twice... and one of the times was because the tier 1 RIM support rep was an ***** and was to busy searching the KB to listen to what I was telling him...

Had a bad app I downloaded from App World and though I'd call RIM to confirm that it was the app and not my PB. Told him to just load the app on a PB and let me know if he was having the same issue... he tells me they don't have PBs to test with there... hmmm So basically he was trying to help me with something that he has never used before...

Gotta love Tier 1...
    04-29-11 12:33 PM
    Mine restarts on its own volition about once a day... yesterday it restarted while I was browsing the web and this morning it crashed when I clicked the mail icon to open my bridge mail.

Thank the lord it didn't restart or otherwise crash while I was giving a demo to the CAO... and I had close to ten apps open at one time in showcase mode. If it had actually crashed I'd be taking it back for sure.

It's got a way to go before I will be truly happy with my purchase.
    04-29-11 12:46 PM
    I do a battery pull once a day just like with any blackberry.... man is it tedious on this thing...
    I love the smell of solder in the morning...
    04-29-11 12:51 PM
    I have been shutting mine off at night, no point in keeping it on really.
    04-29-11 01:12 PM
    I turn if off at bedtime and turn it back on when I get out of bed.

That's it.

Tim
    04-29-11 01:19 PM
    I have been shutting mine off at night, no point in keeping it on really.
    I turn if off at bedtime and turn it back on when I get out of bed.

That's it.

Tim
    Too bad it doesn't have an auto off/on feature.
    04-29-11 01:45 PM
    Too bad it doesn't have an auto off/on feature.
    That doesn't really bother me considering I go to bed at different times every night.
    Charge in the evening after work... tinker with it a bit in bed, shut it off to save the battery for work the next day.
    Others on a tighter schedule would benefit more from that.
    04-29-11 01:49 PM
    once only when the keyboard sounds stopped working.. other than that neve had to since. the PB is on 24/7, never turn it off.
    04-29-11 01:54 PM
    I have only restarted for the software updates and have had mine since the 19th - no obvious problems caused by it.
    04-29-11 03:04 PM
    Mine stays on all the time. I've only shut it off for updates.

I use the "network drive" feature a fair bit, so it needs to be on for that to work.
    04-29-11 04:40 PM
    I agree - the only restarts I've done have been for the os upgrades (3 so far for me, I started with 1696 on the 19th). I just keeps going and going. The battery goes for at least 2 or 3 days depending on usage. Obviously I'm not using it all the time but it just seems to keep running and running.
    04-29-11 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD