Bluetooth is the backbone of my Playbook. I always leave my bridge on so that my phone and Playbook are paired for bridge apps, internet share, and the bridge remote. I have a pair of stereo bluetooth headphones that pair A2DP and audio/video remote control with the Playbook and handsfree with my phone.

This means that I can be listening to a Crackberry podcast through the Podcast app and control the volume via the headphones. If my phone rings, I can answer it through my headphones and the Podcast app automatically stops the podcast. While on the phone, I can switch to bridge remote and switch to my browser on the Playbook via the remote and use the keyboard on the phone to type in a URL for the browser to go to off the shared internet connection via the bridge all while still talking on the phone.

Bluetooth is a low powered and limited communications protocol, but the Playbook seems to handle all of this traffic really well. My question is if I'm pushing my luck trying to introduce the bluetooth keyboard into the mix with everything I've got going on right now? Would the keyboard automatically supercede the bridge remote on the phone? Would I manually have to disable bridge remote before pairing the keyboard? Can the Playbook handle both at the same time?
    07-07-12 01:50 AM
    I'm not real sure, because I don't have a bluetooth headset, but I keyboard and bridge at the same time.
    07-07-12 02:16 AM
    As I posted from another thread, three BT connections seem to be fine:

I have three BT connections running at most times when I use the device - Bridge, PB mini keyboard and BT mouse, and sometimes I have WiFi on as well. The BT connections do occasionally crap out from time to time, and it gets harder for them to connect the more items I add on, so I am thinking I am reaching the "soft" limit of BT connections - that is it would probably be unwise to add a BT headset (I have no problems whatsoever with one BT connection, occasionally a few with 2 and maybe one dropped connection/hour with 3). I'm pretty sure the hard limit is pretty high, but it seems like 3 BT connections is all the PlayBook can realistically handle without them dropping left right and centre.

It also depends on which ones I connect in order. Although entirely anecdotal I could swear I experience fewer problems if I connect the KB first, followed by the mouse and finally bridge than any other way.

You'll be fine with the Keyboard, Bridge and headset. Any more might be pushing it though based on experience but I haven't tried four BT connections at once.
    07-07-12 03:03 AM
    I have my phone connected, a bt mouse, a bt keyboard and a pairo of headsets, and yes it can handle it but i have noticed that the more bluetooth you use the less speed in wi final you get, i dont know if my frecuency or who knows, also sometimes my bt mouse will start having lag and it's really annoying because if I disconnect it it won't connect again until I restart, but maybe I just have to try with another mouse
    07-07-12 07:24 AM
    I'm not real sure, because I don't have a bluetooth headset, but I keyboard and bridge at the same time.
    As do I, I use the built in Bluetooth in my car also, but just for the phone. I wonder if a future update will allow me to play music from my playbook in my car as I can rom my phone?
    07-07-12 07:31 AM
    If I have both my Blackberry 9900 and Playbook connected to my Lincoln MKx SYNC system, I will have signal clipping which ends up sounding like dropouts in the music. However, If I drop either device, either one will work by itself with the system.
    07-07-12 08:37 AM
    I wonder how it will work out for you when we finally get the wifi bridge.
    07-07-12 01:27 PM
    I'm not sure if it's my bt earpiece or not, but I will sometimes have it connect and disconnect when I come into range with my pb with bridge activated.

I would think that 2 or 3 devices should be ok, as long as they are doing different things.

In my case, I may have to try a new earpiece.
    07-07-12 01:46 PM
    If I have both my Blackberry 9900 and Playbook connected to my Lincoln MKx SYNC system, I will have signal clipping which ends up sounding like dropouts in the music. However, If I drop either device, either one will work by itself with the system.
    Can the Lincoln control which device it is connected/listening to? If not, I can see two audio sources creating issues.
    07-07-12 03:10 PM
    I'm not sure if it's my bt earpiece or not, but I will sometimes have it connect and disconnect when I come into range with my pb with bridge activated.

I would think that 2 or 3 devices should be ok, as long as they are doing different things.

In my case, I may have to try a new earpiece.
    Your Sig is the greatest!
    07-07-12 10:44 PM
    As do I, I use the built in Bluetooth in my car also, but just for the phone. I wonder if a future update will allow me to play music from my playbook in my car as I can rom my phone?
    Are you sure you cannot? I can stream music to my ford sync stereo fine using bluetooth.
    07-08-12 01:22 AM
    Again, I believe that you have to DISCONNECT one source before you can connect another source. I don't THINK you can just turn on phone, use it with bt, then just turn on your pb (or other device) and use it without severing the first connection. But maybe it depends on the various devices.
    07-08-12 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD