i know phone apps are 3-5 mb each & music is generally abt 5 mb/song,,, a 5 min phone vid is abt 500mb,,, just masterminding how i plan on using my 64 gigger when it arrives...
    11-23-12 03:06 AM
    It's about 1GB depending on the quality of the video ofcourse.
    jamesharmeling and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    11-23-12 03:25 AM
    There is no rule of thumb, as there are far too many factors that determine the file size: running time of the movie, resolution, bitrate, codec. The same is true for music.
    11-23-12 03:34 AM
    depends what type of file you convert it too. I use FreeMake Video Converter which is a very simple to use video convertor, all you have to do is select Blackberry Playbook format (MP4) or if you want to use a different format you could.

One example is I just converted the move BattleShip from DVD in full HD and it is 1.15GB on my Playbook. (now I could have chosen a smaller format and made the file way smaller, but I like to watch in HD)
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-23-12 04:40 AM
    I wouldn't store anything below 700mb (AVI/MP3), the quality would certainly be watchable but action scenes would get pretty pixelated. I use DVDFab to rip BluRay or DVDs to a usable format at about 1.5 to 2.0GB but make sure you encode the audio file to MP3 as the PlayBook can't read AC3.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-23-12 07:58 AM
    cool,,, so even @ 2gb/movie, i'll have a ton of room for "stuff",,, thnx ppl...
    11-23-12 02:34 PM
    I wouldn't store anything below 700mb (AVI/MP3), the quality would certainly be watchable but action scenes would get pretty pixelated. I use DVDFab to rip BluRay or DVDs to a usable format at about 1.5 to 2.0GB but make sure you encode the audio file to MP3 as the PlayBook can't read AC3.
    What setting do you use with DVDFab for the Playbook with either DVD or BluRay?
    11-23-12 03:37 PM
    I'll check when I get home, I'm away for the weekend sans laptop. I do remember when I initially set it up there was a drop down tab to the left and I chose the most applicable option (for DVD and BRD) and further adjusted the settings in the drop down in the lower centre. Will let you know Monday.
    11-24-12 07:50 AM
    For DVD:

Open "DVD Ripper" and select AVI. Under the "Profile" setting (lower centre) choose "generic.avi.divx.mp3"

For BRD:

Open "Blu-Ray Ripper" and select AVI. Open the Profile setting and choose avi.divx.mp3

Both rips will give you reasonable quality and decent sound. You can get fancier than that it you like but I find this method gives a quick reliable rip that looks decent on the PlayBook.
    robchow likes this.
    11-26-12 10:49 AM
    I have a problem, can anyone pls guide me . . .if i store a 2 gb size worth movie in my playbook, it shows 6 gb has been occupied, the same movie appears in the android folder-movie/Movie twice . . .which effectively makes my 64 gb Playbook capacity to just 25 gb . . .can anyone pls help me on this
    11-26-12 01:43 PM
    try starting your own thread...
    11-26-12 03:38 PM
    .if i store a 2 gb size worth movie in my playbook, it shows 6 gb has been occupied
    No it doesn't, and this issue has been discussed too many times to elaborate any futher than to say, do a search on "duplicate files".
    11-26-12 04:08 PM
    For DVD:

Open "DVD Ripper" and select AVI. Under the "Profile" setting (lower centre) choose "generic.avi.divx.mp3"

For BRD:

Open "Blu-Ray Ripper" and select AVI. Open the Profile setting and choose avi.divx.mp3

Both rips will give you reasonable quality and decent sound. You can get fancier than that it you like but I find this method gives a quick reliable rip that looks decent on the PlayBook.
    Thank you. I will give these a try.
    11-27-12 05:45 PM
    My average movie size is 1.5 GB
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-27-12 06:14 PM