is it possible to move icons, create folders?
    06-21-11 10:03 AM
    A forum topic has this and many other tricks
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...tricks-607275/

To move icon: hold the icon until it blinks, move it on the same screen, or drop it into one of the top folders as an extra icon.
    You can not make a folder or delete one of the native folders
    To make an icon you can only use the Browser: using the white favorite star, hold it down until you get the option to make the shortcut on the desktop called "add to home screen"
    Last edited by mandony; 06-21-11 at 10:17 AM.
    lizzieh likes this.
    06-21-11 10:15 AM
    thanks, will read the tips and tricks!
    06-21-11 10:22 AM
    And unless you create one of those Browser icons on the homepage or download an app - do not try DELETING any of the existing icons. If you do, you will then get a notice of an OS update but it will merely reinstall the icons/apps you have deleted. In other words, so far we cannot delete icons that came on the pb.
    06-21-11 08:26 PM
    And unless you create one of those Browser icons on the homepage or download an app - do not try DELETING any of the existing icons. If you do, you will then get a notice of an OS update but it will merely reinstall the icons/apps you have deleted. In other words, so far we cannot delete icons that came on the pb.
    We seriously need a sticky called "Got an update that's less than 20MB? Click here" so people know about the mini updates that come with deleting "core" apps hahaha
    06-21-11 08:32 PM
    When your icons are flashing in the move or delete mode, overlap 2 flashing icons and an option comes up to create a file.... you can name it and put bookmarks in it that you have saved your desktop. Probably good for other stuff too...I created 3 new folders...This is my first post...I hope this is clear enough...
    03-20-12 02:07 PM
    Boy, how did RIM fail to put that information in the PB USER MANUAL????
    03-20-12 03:21 PM
    Boy, how did RIM fail to put that information in the PB USER MANUAL????
    Um, they did not so fail. It's on page 70. And it's in the on-device help as well.
    03-20-12 03:32 PM
    So how do you move an icon from a folder to the desktop?
    08-03-12 03:31 PM
    So how do you move an icon from a folder to the desktop?
    Probably the easiest way is to open the folder, tap and hold on the icon you want to move, when it blinks, move the item up to the favorites bar, still holding on- then the folder will go away and you can then move the icon to the desktop.
    08-03-12 04:12 PM
    Thanks. I thought I had tried that. The problem was I had my favorites bar full up. I moved some folders down, then followed your directions, and it worked.
    08-03-12 05:04 PM
    When in a folder, you can also drag the icon and pause for a second over the 'X' in the upper left corner of the folder, and it will move the icon back to the home screen panel the folder is on.
    08-04-12 09:23 PM
    Thanks. I thought I had tried that. The problem was I had my favorites bar full up. I moved some folders down, then followed your directions, and it worked.
    Yes, it is very useful to leave an open space in your favorites bar, it can also be used to move an icon quickly between screens.
    08-04-12 10:16 PM
    Um, they did not so fail. It's on page 70. And it's in the on-device help as well.
    Have you ever heard of sarcasm? That's what he meant by "".
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-04-12 10:30 PM
    who reads the instructions, we are MEN! lol
    Thanks for the answers
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-26-13 08:01 PM
    Instructions...whats that? My instruction booklet starts with CrackBerry and ends with Faithfuls
    01-26-13 08:14 PM
    True
    True. Lol
    01-26-13 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD