I have both Air Browser and Ghost Commander installed on my Playbook, but I am scratching my head on how to use one of these apps to move a file to a different folder.

On Ghost Commander, it looks like I should be able to drag the file from the left windownto the right window, but I can't see how to show the PB folder list in the right window. The Help screen is not exactly helpful!

I would appreciate an *****'s guide to selecting folders and moving files using either of these apps.
    Last edited by parbrook; 02-08-14 at 10:51 AM.
    02-08-14 06:09 AM
    In Ghost, highlight the file to be moved (tap the right side of the file) and then use the "Move" function on the bottom toolbar (tap on Move). To get to a media folder in the right (or left) pane, first tap anywhere on the right pane, then tap "Home" on the toolbar, then tap "Playbook Media". Then tap on the folder that you want to move the file to..
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-08-14 06:24 AM
    In Ghost, highlight the file to be moved (tap the right side of the file) and then use the "Move" function on the bottom toolbar (tap on Move). To get to a media folder in the right (or left) pane, first tap anywhere on the right pane, then tap "Home" on the toolbar, then tap "Playbook Media". Then tap on the folder that you want to move the file to..
    Thank you for this.
    In the right pane, I can only see a PC and ADSL Router, but not the Playbook.
    02-08-14 07:37 AM
    There is a video which may be of some help in explaining features available.

Since Ghost Commander has so much flexibilty people have different ways of using it. The way I prefer is to use the right panel to select files I want to copy or transfer and the left panel to navigate to the place I want to move the files. Then the app makes the transfer simpler.

There is also a manual or user guide you can get by Googling.

I'm not an expert in it's use but Pacoman is.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-08-14 08:02 AM
    There is a video which may be of some help in explaining features available.

Since Ghost Commander has so much flexibilty people have different ways of using it. The way I prefer is to use the right panel to select files I want to copy or transfer and the left panel to navigate to the place I want to move the files. Then the app makes the transfer simpler.

There is also a manual or user guide you can get by Googling.

I'm not an expert in it's use but Pacoman is.
    I likes to get them and put them in a wheelbarrow. Then carefully transfer them from one point in the garden to the point where you want them. Then dump the contents out of the wheelbarrow and let the other half (wife) replant them?
    02-08-14 08:28 AM
    Thanks folks.

I have watched the video and I can now access the Playbook's folder list.

Problem now is that the Books and Documents folders are not displayed, in either pane.
    All I want to do is move a file from Downloads to Books.

Seems like it would have been quicker if I had connected the PB to a Pc and used Windows Explorer.
    So frustrating !
    02-08-14 10:39 AM
    Ah well! Such is life!

The file that I wanted to move was supposed to have been an ebook.
    Turns-out that it was just a documents full of download links with anything relating to the ebook title.
    The download link to the actual ebook required credit card details for "verification" (oh yeah) before giving the download link to the "free" ebook. Nice try, Vladimir!

So it was all a waste of time, but thank you to all who posted answers and I know know a little more about Ghost Commander, even if I cannot see the folders that I use the most.
    02-08-14 12:19 PM
    When you open Ghost, it may be easier for you, at least as a newbie to it, to start from the homescreen in both panes. Just tap on Home in the bottom toolbar to go home in one pane, then change the focus to the other pane by tapping anywhere on it and then tap "Home" again. You should now be home in both panes. Now, on one pane, tap on "Playbook media". This will take you to the folders that you're familiar with- including Books, Documents, Downloads, Music, etc. DO NOT tap on the Local Storage button. Doing so will take you to the android file system on your Playbook, which may look similar to the Playbook's media files but it is only partially so. Now you can do the same in the other pane, and you'll now be ready to move files around. So you can, for example, move files out of your Camera Folder and into your Photos Folder, by tapping on the Photos Folder to open it in one pane, then tapping on the Camera folder to open it in the other pane. Now select a pic or pics to move (tapping on the right side of the file to select it- tapping left will cause Ghost to attempt to open it. You can also multi select pics, again by tapping right). Now choose move, and a dialogue will pop up asking if you want to move the file(s) to the open folder in the other pane. You can also create sub-folders in your Photos folder, for example, by opening the photos folder in one pane and then tapping "MkDir" on the toolbar. A dialogue will pop up in asking you to give the new folder a name.

Another handy feature is that you can create favorite folders for quick access to it from the home screen. Just pick a folder, tap and hold on it, and a dialogue will pop up. Scroll down here and choose add to favorites. This folder will now show by tapping the Favorites button from the homescreen. You can also tweak the app quite a bit, for example, you can change the font size, or the thumbnail size for pics, or by adding or deleting functions from the toolbar, by going into settings. To enter settings, swipe down from the top bezel, then choose "Application".
    jpash549 and anon(5597702) like this.
    02-08-14 03:01 PM
    Pacoman has great tips. I am going to start saving them in Docs to Go by copying and pasting along with the post reference in docs to go.

Thanks.
    02-08-14 03:14 PM
    Thank you Pacoman.
    I see the folders now.

On my PB, there is no Home button at the bottom.
    I have to swipe-down and click Location in order to get the Home option.
    02-08-14 04:10 PM
    Then swipe down from the top, choose application, then settings. Scroll down and choose customize the toolbar. Now scroll down, and make sure there is a checkmark next to "Home". You can now drag the home button up to the top of the list by grabbing the button to its far right and then dragging it up to the top of the list. You can then go back, back, back, and you should see the home button. You should also note that the toolbar can scroll right and left depending on where you are in the file system. The home button may already be there, it just may be to the far right of the toolbar- I don't remember where it's located by default.
    02-08-14 04:35 PM
    Great. Thank you.
    All sorted now.
    02-09-14 10:09 AM
    I have both air browser and ghost commander too...I don't find GC very user friendly at all and much prefer to use air where possible - neither have a simple, straight forward way to move files from phone - pb - phone etc though
    02-11-14 11:14 AM
    Ghost Commander just got updated on the playbook with dropbox integration!!!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-04-14 12:49 AM
    Maybe worth trying the files and folders app in BlackBerry store. There's a trial version...might find it a bit simpler to use.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 02:27 AM
    The problem with F&F, since this is a "how to move a file" thread, is that F&F doesn't have true cut and paste functionality, so it's not good for moving files, especially large files.
    03-04-14 10:07 AM
    Use Air Browser also...it's in BlackBerry World....free

Trusted Member Genius
    03-05-14 05:00 AM
    The most reliable and flexible way I've found is the PlayBook version of Playcloud. It isn't as feature rich as the BB10 version, but it does give you access to your handset via bridge and makes moving files around pretty easy. The downside is the cost, but if you have it on a BB10 device it may show as available to you for free.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 05:35 AM