• I have one Playbook

838 73.44%
  • I have two Playbooks

209 18.32%
  • We have more than two in our home

85 7.45%
  • I had a PB but returned or sold it.

9 0.79%
    i think this thread should have been called how many Playbook owners could there have been had RIM introduced the Playbook at a more "reasonable" price?
    i bet there would would have been a ton more people buying this amazing tablet.
    Have you noticed alot of people have 1 thing in common?
    The price.
    12-12-11 03:46 PM
    Ahhhh, I can't wait for mine to arrive!
    12-12-11 04:25 PM
    We're at 300 voters. Now tally > 400 PB. There must be more than 300 PlayBook owners here at Crackberry!
    Last edited by pmccartney; 12-14-11 at 06:24 PM.
    12-14-11 08:11 AM
    Any more Playbooks?
    12-15-11 08:16 AM
    honestly this is probably about it if you look at other polls around the forum. You get around 200-300 total votes on them also.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-15-11 10:12 AM
    The one I received yesterday my coworker bought off me... so there's another owner! And I have 2 more coming today for other people. I feel like a playbook dealer, pushing them on other people LOL.
    But so many people I knew wanted one but couldn't seem to find any so I became the middlewoman.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-15-11 10:16 AM
    honestly this is probably about it if you look at other polls around the forum. You get around 200-300 total votes on them also.
    Yes I suppose. It just 'seems' hard to believe though. The poll taken in April had 221 purchased.
    I guess that +418 is a substantial increase over 221. Just not what I expected with recent price slashing and the amount of time gone by.
    12-15-11 03:09 PM
    Got a 16gb from Walmart online, a 32gb from ShopBlackberry...arrived this week - both still with packing stickers, unopened and waiting for Christmas.

...and if they go on sale again, I am buying two more for my daughters...and that's without even using/playing/exploring with the darn things. Guess I got it bad.
    12-15-11 03:32 PM
    i just bought a refurbed one from Best Buy...I LOVE it! We have an Ipad in the house and I like it...but for what I paid for the Playbook ($149.00 plus tax), plus being able to bridge it...it's awesome. I may even buy another for the kids!
    I have had Blackberry phones for years, but truthfully until two weeks ago I didn't even realize there was a tablet :/ I know there are a lot of Apple fanatics, but I like RIM. To each his own
    12-17-11 08:21 PM
    Hundreds of thousands by now
    allsportsfan likes this.
    12-17-11 08:53 PM
    I have 1 64GB but am considering buying 1-2 for my 9&13 yo daughters. Or maybe a fire and another pb, oldest is an A+ reader has a kindle keyboard now...idk choices choices
    12-17-11 11:49 PM
    Got a 16gb from Walmart online, a 32gb from ShopBlackberry...arrived this week - both still with packing stickers, unopened and waiting for Christmas.

...and if they go on sale again, I am buying two more for my daughters...and that's without even using/playing/exploring with the darn things. Guess I got it bad.
    better than me lol bought mine for me for christmas, couldnt wait!!!
    D_Whatley likes this.
    12-17-11 11:52 PM
    Brought 1 had it for a week now still learning everything about it.
    dnique31 likes this.
    12-18-11 01:51 PM
    bought mine on day one of the sale here in my area, took about three days and instead of an iphone i now have a torch 9860 and my beloved PlayBook. running the beta OS 2, newest 6xxx build and its amazing. android apps are ok but i would way rather native qnx apps, drool, drool. was an iphone user since the first one, im an apple tech for a living, but man do i love my BB + PB combo.
    12-18-11 08:29 PM
    If the playbooks originally came with the upcoming OS 2 features, more would've been sold.
    12-18-11 10:59 PM
    just the one in my house and its MINE 16gb and my grandchildren are green with envy mmmwahahahahahahaaaaaaa
    Chaddface and alnamvet68 like this.
    12-19-11 06:19 AM
    i have one i bought on a whim due to the fire sale. huge gadget fan. the playbook is subpar compared to everything else i have though. i'm really hoping the bootloader gets hacked so we can just install android OS and get rid of QNX altogether.
    12-19-11 08:59 AM
    i have one i bought on a whim due to the fire sale. huge gadget fan. the playbook is subpar compared to everything else i have though. i'm really hoping the bootloader gets hacked so we can just install android OS and get rid of QNX altogether.
    imho, putting aside the number of apps available, for the platforms, I prefer qnx than android. Android homescreen is laggy, even on tab 10 / 7 plus. The only android device I want is the galaxy note, and it's just because of the stylus..
    12-19-11 09:16 AM
    LOL! 94 posts, 94 negative comments. Your streak continues. But, hey, you could like the PlayBook, just as long as it turns into an Android. So, there's hope, after all.
    alnamvet68 and hpjrt like this.
    12-19-11 09:20 AM
    Maybe you should put aside those other gadgets for a while and take some time to actually learn about the playbook. But are you admitting that the hardware is superior by wishing for android on it?

Or you could sell it and move on...very few in here agree with you, we dont need your "expertise" there is a search engine and other forums for that if we cared about other devices, and your campaign is taking away from android and apple time....they must not be very interesting.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-19-11 at 09:44 AM.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-19-11 09:42 AM
    LOL! 94 posts, 94 negative comments. Your streak continues. But, hey, you could like the PlayBook, just as long as it turns into an Android. So, there's hope, after all.
    Unbelievable, isn't it?
    12-19-11 10:06 AM
    Unbelievable, isn't it?
    More unbelievable is the unenforced policy - they may as well just remove this:

"we have a zero tolerance policy toward individuals who come into the forums just to tear it apart. If you think the PlayBook sucks then try hanging out in your own forum instead. The BlackBerry PlayBook forum is dedicated to PlayBook enthusiasts - not PlayBook haters. If you're stopping by to talk smack and turn people away from the forum you will be asked to leave. "

But I had a revelation the other day when I saw how many google/samsung/HTC ads there are on here. I guess it all makes sense.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-19-11 at 10:15 AM.
    alnamvet68 and barskin like this.
    12-19-11 10:11 AM
    I have not been able to put down my PB since I got it! This thing is awesome and it's already paying for itself, I downloaded an awesome banking and finacing app to manage household expenses and a shopping app which is totaly awesome I can average monthly food cost now. There are more but these are the most imporant, the PB will make life easier to manage. Especially if you have a family and job! Thanks RIM! Now if you guys could pump out some more PB updates and apps I will be a happy camper!
    barskin likes this.
    12-19-11 11:29 AM
    Maybe you should put aside those other gadgets for a while and take some time to actually learn about the playbook. But are you admitting that the hardware is superior by wishing for android on it?

Or you could sell it and move on...very few in here agree with you, we dont need your "expertise" there is a search engine and other forums for that if we cared about other devices, and your campaign is taking away from android and apple time....they must not be very interesting.
    i dont have any issue with the playbook hardware. only software. HARDWARE-wise and for $200 its great. but other than that, im waiting for actual decent software to show up on it to actualy utilize the hardware. for that to happen, i'm afraid a full on android OS replacement is needed.
    12-19-11 12:00 PM
    got the 16gb , never looked back! loving every minute of it for my well spent $200
    12-19-11 12:43 PM
243 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD