View Poll Results: Who lost their contacts and calendars?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • I lost my contacts only

19 10.22%
  • I lost my calendar only

29 15.59%
  • I lost contacts and calendar

24 12.90%
  • I lost the use of my camera, can I vote?

3 1.61%
  • I haven't lost anything so the problem doesn't exist for anyone else either .

111 59.68%
10-17-12 01:15 AM
90 ... 234
tools
    Android doesn't guarantee that it can restore local data after an upgrade. I am frankly more boggled by the amount of people only storing contact and calendar data locally and relying on remembering to do a backup..

Let's party like it's 2003.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    louzer likes this.
    10-08-12 03:00 AM
    Imho the principle of preserving medical data on devices is a principle that should be ranked far above any loyalty to any device provider.

I guess any executive at RIM or any Canadian official would second that.

On Crackberry moderators allow public rebuttal of that sacred principle. I didn't expect much but I am thoroughly disappointed.
    The only medical data that was lost was IMAGINARY data that YOU MADE UP. Then, YOU MADE UP a scenario where your IMAGINARY data was lost. No real people were harmed AND none will be because your scenario is fictional, not to mention WRONG. Medical data in a hospital would be stored on a server and only accessed from the PB, not stored exclusively on a PB that would then be updated without a backup. Your tenuous grasp on how this would work makes me see why you lost data.
    louzer and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-08-12 01:09 PM
    The only medical data that was lost was IMAGINARY data that YOU MADE UP. Then, YOU MADE UP a scenario where your IMAGINARY data was lost. No real people were harmed AND none will be because your scenario is fictional, not to mention WRONG. Medical data in a hospital would be stored on a server and only accessed from the PB, not stored exclusively on a PB that would then be updated without a backup. Your tenuous grasp on how this would work makes me see why you lost data.
    And didn't he say he is a technical writer? You'd think he'd have some basic knowledge of how things work.

I got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-08-12 01:17 PM
    I didn't lose a thing! All contacts and calendar items were the same as on my BB9900. Maybe I was one of the lucky one!
    10-08-12 01:20 PM
    Easy for you to say, but what good is it going to do her?
    Martha Kowalski Obituary: View Obituary for Martha Kowalski by Kaul Funeral Home, St. Clair Shores, MI
    10-08-12 01:56 PM
    I lost maybe 90% of my contacts, but I do have an imaginary backup that supposedly exists on my laptop ready for restore. Only problem is I cannot find it if I look in that folder so I'm hesitant to restoring what DM says is available.

Anyway, excuse my ignorance but how do these contacts populate to begin with in that native app because I don't remember adding any one contact.

EDIT: Just tried to restore only my contacts and noticed you can't do that. When I select "restore" then choose "select data device and settings" I get the following options: application data, media, and settings. I expected to see "contacts" there alone.

Anyone know how I can just restore the contacts alone?

EDIT 2: Excuse my extreme stupidity but I learned that my contacts list was not populated was because I had not activated LinkedIn, Hotmail, or Facebook accounts so it didn't sync my contacts from them, duh!
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 10-08-12 at 03:17 PM.
    10-08-12 02:33 PM
    Excuse my ignorance, but why would medical records be stored in the contacts or calendar apps? I'd think it would be in the documents part of the files, which not one person reported losing.

Imho the principle of preserving medical data on devices is a principle that should be ranked far above any loyalty to any device provider.

I guess any executive at RIM or any Canadian official would second that.

On Crackberry moderators allow public rebuttal of that sacred principle. I didn't expect much but I am thoroughly disappointed.
    10-08-12 10:13 PM
    PS, not a fanboi I think the pb sucks at lots of stuff, especially email
    10-08-12 10:14 PM
    Yep, I second that - backup, backup, backup. We have the DM that we can use to restore and 3rd party software that can extract our data off the backup so we can be safe and import it back afterwards (#BlackBerry Backup Extractor, btw, is very good).
    10-12-12 10:39 AM
    i havent lost any contacts and calendar, but well i use google for both
    But my cameras stopped working, seems like i have to send it to bb.
    10-12-12 10:50 AM
    Lost calendar on Playbook...contacts remain. However, everything available via bridge.
    10-12-12 10:57 AM
    My daughter, a new user, lost her calendar data. It is not acceptable for RIM to
    Post an OS upgrade in the system tray and honor an OTA request without saving
    All user entries. Period. Full Stop. I simply do not want to get into issues about
    User did or did not backup. RIM: this is a major misstep. Fix now!!!
    Doc Neutron
    10-12-12 11:41 AM
    Updated to the new OS and lost all calendar data and contacts. Tried to upload my backup files and nothing happened. Really upset because I use my calendar daily at work. I have not found a way to revert back to the old OS so I can try to restore my backup files. I have been paying attention to forums and anything else on the internet to help out my situation. Hope it happens soon.
    10-12-12 11:09 PM
    Bumping this thread back to the first page to allow recent visitors to the forum a chance to vote before the pols expire.
    10-16-12 12:42 AM
    [QUOTE=Lindstrom;7659102]Com'on - this is 2012...we don't do updates without backup...

Excuse me for my ignorance as I am a newbie, but how does one do a backup? Do I connect it to my PC or to an external hard drive (which i have)?
    10-17-12 01:15 AM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD