View Poll Results: Who lost their contacts and calendars?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • I lost my contacts only

19 10.22%
  • I lost my calendar only

29 15.59%
  • I lost contacts and calendar

24 12.90%
  • I lost the use of my camera, can I vote?

3 1.61%
  • I haven't lost anything so the problem doesn't exist for anyone else either .

111 59.68%
    It's amazing the length people can go to to defend the playbook.

No data should ever be lost during the update of the device of a professional person. Period.

Not even for a private person at home.

Amazing...
    THat's not defending the PlayBook, it's standard practice with ANY important data.
    10-05-12 02:46 PM

No data should ever be lost during the update of the device of a professional person. Period.

Not even for a private person at home.

Amazing...
    Just when I thought RIM was on to something...
    10-05-12 03:04 PM
    Well TheScionicMan I am not really joking here. I see that you insist so I don't really call to your sense of honor, I prefer to call upon the sense of reponsibility of moderators.

If you read the previous pages you will see that TheScionicMan is giving excuses for the loss of critical health data on a doctor's device, and blaming the clinic for it.

You can invent a lot of rhetoric to defend the playbok, but spinning about patients' health is not funny. Not at all.

Moderators please do something. You realize patients can die if the right info is not available within the minute just where it was expected to be, right...
    10-05-12 03:14 PM
    Well learned a lesson ...back up back up back up .................lost all my contacts .................crap lots o typing
    10-05-12 07:06 PM
    Try to sell the playbook in the medical world.

An update and whoops, all the patients appointments gone, with all the crucial life-saving notes...

Err excuse me Ms Kowalsky, sorry to wake you up from anesthesia, but could you remind me if you're allergic to penicillin, you see my professional-grade tablet had an update here...
    Well TheScionicMan I am not really joking here. I see that you insist so I don't really call to your sense of honor, I prefer to call upon the sense of reponsibility of moderators.

If you read the previous pages you will see that TheScionicMan is giving excuses for the loss of critical health data on a doctor's device, and blaming the clinic for it.

You can invent a lot of rhetoric to defend the playbok, but spinning about patients' health is not funny. Not at all.

Moderators please do something. You realize patients can die if the right info is not available within the minute just where it was expected to be, right...
    Simmer down, pal. You made up a ridiculous scenario and I just tried to point it out. Medical data WOULD NOT be stored locally on a PlayBook, the PlayBook would pull the info from their network (which would also be backed up) No patient info would be lost. No "professional person" would do an upgrade of a device in the field without taking a backup, anyway.

OMG, Ms Kowalski's health was fine until you made up this story. You're the one who has put her life in danger. OMG!!!
    h20work, reeneebob, louzer and 3 others like this.
    10-05-12 07:21 PM
    Since the update, I performed 24 hours ago, I have not had my FaceBook birthdays sync into the calendar. I deleted the FB account and the recreated it again, no go. I have restarted 2x from a full shut down, no go. Funny thing is I am tickled to death over how good the contacts are syncing since the update. Go figure???
    10-05-12 08:39 PM
    Simmer down, pal. You made up a ridiculous scenario and I just tried to point it out. Medical data WOULD NOT be stored locally on a PlayBook, the PlayBook would pull the info from their network (which would also be backed up) No patient info would be lost. No "professional person" would do an upgrade of a device in the field without taking a backup, anyway.

OMG, Ms Kowalski's health was fine until you made up this story. You're the one who has put her life in danger. OMG!!!
    If you have ever worked in a hospital or doctor's office, you would know they don't have these fancy computer networks to store data. Your attempt at humor while putting people's lives at risk is inexcusable. What's next, gonna just say "he's dead jim"?
    10-05-12 08:59 PM
    Lost nothing except my mind waiting for this update to come! Better late than never i guess
    10-05-12 09:13 PM

Wait...patients can DIE now because there was an update and the device lost data? Because lord knows that's the ONLY PLACE the data is in the hospital? And now you are appealing to the moderators to do....what exactly?

I need alcohol. I am not drunk enough to even...just wow.
    10-05-12 09:24 PM
    Wait...patients can DIE now because there was an update and the device lost data? Because lord knows that's the ONLY PLACE the data is in the hospital? And now you are appealing to the moderators to do....what exactly?

You're new around here so I'll cut you some slack, but the mods around here definitely know how to.....

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-05-12 09:30 PM
    For those who want to make jokes, ever lose a loved one because of lost data on their playbook? If you did, you wouldn't think it was so funny!
    10-05-12 09:32 PM
    Oh my god, I know this will somehow be socialized medicines fault...because Research in Motion is Canadian and Canada has socialized medicine!

MEDICAL CARE FOR ALL KILLS! THINK OF TEH CHILDRENZ!!!!!!!!!1111!ELEVENTY!111!!!
    10-05-12 09:35 PM
    Oh my god, I know this will somehow be socialized medicines fault...because Research in Motion is Canadian and Canada has socialized medicine!

MEDICAL CARE FOR ALL KILLS! THINK OF TEH CHILDRENZ!!!!!!!!!1111!ELEVENTY!111!!!
    Obviously.... Mrs Kowalski's dies and there is more money to spend on other patients. Duh!!!!
    10-05-12 09:52 PM
    i did not lose anything .everything went smoothly.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-05-12 10:03 PM

I have no idea how you came away from his post with that idea. He was simply stating an example in which backups are critical.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    10-05-12 10:47 PM

A little hair of the dog that bit you?
    TheScionicMan and wu-wei like this.
    10-05-12 10:55 PM
    Lost my contacts and calendar appointments but everything else works great!
    10-05-12 11:14 PM
    I upgraded 3 pb's without doing backups, I like to look death in the face and laugh.

Does anyone know if Mrs Kowalsky survived? As a fellow pollock, I'd fell better knowing she was okay.
    10-06-12 08:25 PM
    I upgraded 3 pb's without doing backups, I like to look death in the face and laugh.

Does anyone know if Mrs Kowalsky survived? As a fellow pollock, I'd fell better knowing she was okay.
    I'm more concerned that a killer like the Playbook is allowed to run free.

Who will it kill next?

I got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk
    louzer likes this.
    10-06-12 09:41 PM
    I'm more concerned that a killer like the Playbook is allowed to run free.

Who will it kill next?

Trolll! Everyone knows QNX runs tanks and nuclear power plants. If someone could finally break the secret recipe of the kernel

How many people lost their contacts and calendar?-220px-kfc_logo.svg.png
    louzer likes this.
    10-06-12 09:50 PM
    Updated to 2.1 today and the update wiped out my contacts. Calendar events are also gone and no amount of rebooting will cure it.
    With no backup I don't think I'll ever see them back, but if anyone has successfully brought them back from evanescence, please let me know how you performed that magic trick.
    Meanwhile, I would like to know how widespread the problem is, so please participate in this poll!
    calendar and contacts are linked to your email accounts, unless u typed them your self or transfer them through bridge. which in either case you can bridge again and do the process al over again or if you typed them your self I believe they are linked to your main account so maybe addind that account again may be the fix
    10-06-12 10:02 PM
    nope tried that ...still no go

time to start typing ...250 contacts and info
    10-07-12 07:46 PM
    Imho the principle of preserving medical data on devices is a principle that should be ranked far above any loyalty to any device provider.

I guess any executive at RIM or any Canadian official would second that.

On Crackberry moderators allow public rebuttal of that sacred principle. I didn't expect much but I am thoroughly disappointed.
    10-07-12 09:18 PM
    um ok, so back to the real topic..
    I did a backup, updated and now have no calendar appts.. or fb anything.

so i tried to restore the calendar and nope, no go.. all gone.. MY BACKUP FAILED!!!
    I guess the moral of the story is do a back up of your back up and then back that up. (is that a song?)

oh well, i tried and it didnt work.
    Last edited by jlsre; 10-07-12 at 09:55 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    10-07-12 09:54 PM
    Imho the principle of preserving medical data on devices is a principle that should be ranked far above any loyalty to any device provider.

I guess any executive at RIM or any Canadian official would second that.

On Crackberry moderators allow public rebuttal of that sacred principle. I didn't expect much but I am thoroughly disappointed.
    Okay guys, really, who is punking the forum?

This has to be performance art.

ERMAGERD TER MERDICAL ENFERMSHUN IS GOOOOON!

louzer and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-08-12 01:50 AM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD