All my BB devices gone and I change fruit.
    Annoying to waiting for something so long time.
    05-12-13 02:41 PM
    I still use my PB everyday and it's a workhorse. Mind you, I have pretty low requirements when it comes to tablets. For example, I really have no need for Skype. I would love to have Netflix on my PB, but that's not a deal breaker for me. I have an Android media player downstairs on the big screen, and I really, really love it. However, browsing the web with it is a compromised experience compared to my PB. I don't care what anyone else says or whines about - the web browsing experience on my PB is superior.

I suppose if I was the type who liked to buy and try as many apps as possible, then iOS or Android would be a better choice. However, for my limited requirements, the PB does everything I need, so why change?
    05-12-13 02:50 PM
    My playbook is sitting idle most of the time. Darn shame the device has been abandoned by blackberry. Hasnt been the slightest update in a very very long time. Playbook is old now and i do not expect any support from blackberry now.
    05-12-13 02:55 PM
    Not quite what you asked but as I think about it, I have not booted up my playbook since switching from my 9900 to my Q10. All of the things that I was relying on it for are adequately accomplished on the Q. Between its on board memory, strong battery life and speed, it is sufficient to carry around only one device despite having to make do with the smaller screen.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-12-13 02:59 PM
    64GB stashed away for over a year
    switched to a surface RT as a travel laptop replacement, an ipod mini as an ereader, dashmount gps, and email terminal, and a chromebook as an instant on protected web surfer for home.
    was hoping for a Q10 with bridge to the playbook as a future option on verizon LTE
    not so sure about such a future anymore
    05-12-13 03:12 PM
    A Tale of Two Cities Playbooks here.

My PB has been pretty much unused for a few months now. Lack of a BB phone means I can't Bridge anymore and I have no WiFi access where I work... so PB stays on perma-charge in my study and I update the Apps every week or so. One day, I expect I'll pull the plug on it and buy a Surface instead, but I do retain a certain affection for my PB and can't seem to ever quite get around to putting it on eBay.

In contrast, my son's PB is in constant use - playing games and browsing the internet mostly. I think it may be welded to his hand! LOL
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-12-13 03:47 PM
    Are you a spy?
    05-12-13 04:10 PM
    I use my PlayBook less now that I have a Z10 and the Bridge features are seriously reduced (had 9810 aNd 9900 before) but when the PlayBook gets BB10 or more Bridge features back, I'll use it way more.

I really want an updated one, made of the back material on the Q10 and updated specs. That would be my dream tablet.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 04:26 PM
    A Tale of Two Cities Playbooks here.

My PB has been pretty much unused for a few months now. Lack of a BB phone means I can't Bridge anymore and I have no WiFi access where I work... so PB stays on perma-charge in my study and I update the Apps every week or so. One day, I expect I'll pull the plug on it and buy a Surface instead, but I do retain a certain affection for my PB and can't seem to ever quite get around to putting it on eBay.

In contrast, my son's PB is in constant use - playing games and browsing the internet mostly. I think it may be welded to his hand! LOL
    I guess you brought him up right! But seriously, no peer pressure to go with either apple or android?
    05-12-13 05:13 PM
    I have used my playbook everyday since I bought in dec 2011. I use it to play games (which has been the playbooks strong suit ) , kobo for books , zinio for magazines , and dolphin browser to web browes , comics app, sideloaded android apps , stereotube , it is very portable , bb bridge !!! ........ I could go forever.

I have never understood the complaining about the playbook(except for the launch day buyers they got screwed hard). It is tied with my roku as the best device I have ever purchased.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by billy88n; 05-12-13 at 05:45 PM.
    05-12-13 05:31 PM
    I have just accepted my playbook for what it does well and use it for streaming videos using flash. For everything else I use my ASUS TF700.
    05-12-13 05:32 PM
    I guess you brought him up right! But seriously, no peer pressure to go with either apple or android?
    Heh... I sometimes think kids turn out alright despite their parents rather than due to their parent's "guidance". LOL

He used an old iPhone of mine for a while, but didn't take to it. Most of his friends have Android (mostly Samsung), but again he wasn't wowed by Android either.

I did ask if he was interested in any particular phone, everything was on the table as I had an upgrade due... and he eventually went for the same Lumia that I have. I didn't pressure him, honest!

Actually, if I had tried to pressure him in any way, it would have likely had the opposite effect. My boy knows his own mind and won't be swayed. Refreshing in one so young... almost gives me hope... LOL
    FF22 likes this.
    05-13-13 12:09 PM
    i just left my ipad and bought a playbook a week ago
    05-13-13 01:41 PM
    i just left my ipad and bought a playbook a week ago
    And can I ask why? What about the pb besides a good price and unique and comfortable interface did you like?
    taz323 likes this.
    05-13-13 04:11 PM
    Both of mine

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:30 PM
    To be honest I've not used my pb much since owning a Z10, but I still use it for things like showing off photos and watching YouTube

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:33 PM
    Love my playbook. I have to admit that when I bought it, I wasn't looking for a tablet, but to replace a media player I had/loved/broke. Bought it with the first round of price cuts, so didn't get it a great deal price wise.

Once I got it home though, I fell in love. This is still an amazing device. I use it everyday and am lost with out it. I rarely turn on my desktop or laptop at home anymore. I do almost everything with it.

My only concern is what will happen when I upgrade my phone to a Z10, when my current contract ends. I heard that BB bridge between the two units is only a shadow of its original. Too bad. It perhaps the most unique part of the experience. Will wait and see.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-13-13 04:34 PM
    After owning 3 tablets (Blackberry Playbook, HP TouchPad, and Asus Transformer Pad 300 with keyboard dock) and a Samsung Chromebook XE303, I came to realize I strongly prefer chromebooks over tablets for casual computing.

I won't ever get rid of the Playbook; I just don't use it much.
    Last edited by CHIP72; 05-13-13 at 05:23 PM.
    05-13-13 05:12 PM
    I ditched my "full-price" PB (early adapter penalty) for a Nexus 10. I got very tired with the PB's checker-boarding in the browser and the total lack of support by BB.
    The N-10 is my tablet that I use every day and it does everything really well. Skype works great; there is a better selection of movies available than on the BB; and certainly more apps available.
    My PB sits in a draw waiting for OS10.
    Last edited by tsells; 05-14-13 at 01:57 AM.
    05-13-13 05:15 PM
    I now use my iPad mini 70% of the time. The lack of multi tasking and flash drives me nuts. It's a device created for monkeys with almost no customization or control but it does have a huge selection of quality apps. I use my PB mostly for banking and listening to Howard Stern on Sirius On Demand. Generally, if both are sitting side by side I'll default to the iPad. I bought my first PB the week it released and have been disappointed at the lack of support. OS2.0 should have been the OS it was released with. I honestly didn't use the PB for months right after I bought it because it constantly crashed and was generally useless.
    05-13-13 05:22 PM
    No! I have an iPad and an iPad Mini for work, and loathe them both

(Though having skype on a tablet is fantastic.....)
    05-13-13 05:34 PM
    Bought a nexus 7 , never turned back to playbook again...
    Can you tell us more? Why did you never turn back to Playbook again? Isn't it really the most amazing device when compared to anything android?
    05-13-13 11:01 PM
    Can you tell us more? Why did you never turn back to Playbook again? Isn't it really the most amazing device when compared to anything android?
    LoL NO....
    05-14-13 12:32 PM
    I still have mine but it sits unused, I use a iPad 2 at home and a Nexus 7 for on the go.
    05-14-13 12:55 PM
    I'm still using mine, but only, and I mean only because I'm waiting for the 2013 Nexus tablet. Once that's on the shelf I'm done with this platform.
    taz323 likes this.
    05-14-13 01:00 PM
167 ... 23456 ...