06-15-13 08:44 AM
167 12345 ...
tools
    It's my constant companion - browser, camera, video recorder, movie/video server, game machine, etc. etc. I do have other tablets in the house, (WebOS, Android, and iPad) but love the size and feel of the PlayBook. Like others in this thread I'm waiting for the BB10 upgrade, but for now everything it offers works great for me. I don't have any huge lag or checkerboarding issues, my family and I can video chat with ease, and Bridge makes my 9900 shine. I have Netflix on my Wii, PS3, and computers - why is this such an issue on the Playbook/Z10? Plus with sideloading most of the 'essential' Android programs I use are available, and often there are options in BlackBerry World that meet my needs.

Long story short: I use my PlayBook daily and extensively.
    cdnynot likes this.
    05-10-13 10:42 PM
    Not yet
    05-10-13 11:04 PM
    For Christmas my wife gave me a Nexus 7 tablet, I use it as my primary device. Both my playbooks, 16&32 are used as clocks, glorified movie devices, and MP3 players. My Nexus 7 works flawlessly with Gmail and Google calendar, something the playbook couldn't do. Maybe I'll use it more when we get the rumored BB10 update.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    05-10-13 11:05 PM
    Still use mine when traveling and during morning coffee to catch up on news. It's still a lot less than before I got my Z10, but can't wait for BB10 on the PB!
    05-10-13 11:57 PM
    Couldn't possibly change tablets. Nothing else quite meets my expectations. The I pad requires iTunes ewwww and I don't like the layout or feel. The Samsung is ok but just lacks something I can't put my finger on. The PlayBook is perfect size for reading and carrying round, front mounted speakers make it awesome for watching shows when washing up ( have to pass the time somehow) I was a late adopter to PlayBook but now don't know how I lived without one.

Posted via CB10
    acecard likes this.
    05-11-13 04:57 AM
    It has been almost 2 years since I bought my PB and, frankly, I am still growing in my confidence that, after some exhaustive comparative tech specs and cost inquiries, I made the proper purchase.

I posted some place over a year ago what I was looking for and which tabs I examined. So, no need to dwell on that...I only want to tell WHY I am sticking with my PB and will stay loyal to it until and unless RIM stops its support...

Of course, the 1st and most important reasons, since I can not speak for others, my PB meets all my needs. Not perfectly, but still handsomely. Its operating system is is stable and reliable. I never had a native OS crash on me. Earlier on, I sure had android player problems, but those are largely gone with updates.

The battery life (my biggest concern at the time) is excellent. After 19 months of constant use , I still get 60-70% charge left after 1.5 to 2 hours of moderate use every day. My Battery Guru app shows 93% health after 244 (!!) recharges.

Awesome versatility and usability.. With the exception of games and video conferencing, I use it for just about everything it offers: streaming TV station, extra phone, solid internet browser (especially after I installed Fast Browser), news hub, foreign language tutor, Organizer/Note taker/Diary, E-mailer, Video and Photo, word processor, GPS toy, my BB phone accessory (the BB bridge has no parallels in my experience), voice notes taker, Ereader, messenger, multi-media hub and much more I cant be bothered to recall ...

Those who quit PB due to 'paucity of apps' did not do their home work. I found absolutely everything I need - from incomparable Files and Folders, to Groovy Notes, to Fast Browser to a ton of free apps to support my day-to-day use.

Perhaps I am a tad harsh, but those who quit PB either never deserved it or never bothered to explore its excellence to the max.
    FF22 and Barracuda7772 like this.
    05-11-13 06:53 AM
    Don't know, don't care.

I watch plenty of movies and TV programmes on my PlayBook. As to Netflix - well, um, don't know, don't care.

Well I'd like to.. although I've read several good books using Overdrive Media Console, for free, too - as I can access my local library.

Don't know, don't care.

Is that some kind of game or something? Maybe the facebook, twitter-ati demographic care, but I don't.

Nope - wouldn't mind using Skype, but it's not a deal breaker. Have used the PlayBook's native video chat thing, with other family members that have a PlayBook.

When I start caring about a twitter app, I think it's time for a bullet in the brain.

Do you see how that all works? People have divergent wants / needs / expectations. And merely that your specifics may well be not covered right now, does not make it a poor tablet for everybody.
    While all true it makes it a poor tablet for them and many others.
    I got rid of mine and went to the Surface, I don't like the larger size but it's the most capable tablet I've ever used. Of course the pro was 5x the cost.
    I haven't tried a surface but I despise the modern UI and apps on my lappy. I think I would the pro but those are way too expensive for me.

[/HL]

More importantly, why did you buy a device that wouldn't serve your needs out of the box? Kinda like buying a Big Mac and whining that it doesn't taste like a T-bone and didn't come with an all you can eat salad bar.
    Maybe you weren't around a couple years ago when there was this image of some of those on a pb? Then there was the constant everything is coming soon, we'll soon still hasn't happened for a lot of things so maybe they were counting on BBRY to come thru, guess bad on them for buying on name and "soon"?

I use mine daily yet, 2 years. There are things that annoy the heck out of me but lack of apps isn't on my list. I continue to use it as it is paid for and mostly does what I want and need although with annoyances. When it dies, at this point I would not buy another if it's still the same as it is today as long as I can find something else that I can tether for free.

I have got a lot of use out of it and continue to.
    FF22 and CairnsRock like this.
    05-11-13 07:41 AM
    Well, let's see...

Popular apps such as Facebook, Temple Run, Skype, Netflix, Kindle, and more didn't just become popular with only a small percentage of users downloading them. Like thousands of other people, I use these apps at least once a day.
    There's plenty of other popular apps, too, with a different target demographic.

I'll repeat - how do you know the majoirty of users (since that's your contention) are like you?
    05-11-13 07:46 AM
    While all true it makes it a poor tablet for them and many others.
    Indeed - I'm no blinkered phanboi - there's probably plenty of users who would find the PlayBook inadequate for what they want out of a tablet.

I'm not yet convinced that's the majority of the PlayBook audience, or of the tablet demographic, though.

I think a lot of what some users want, are pure trivialities, as opposed to true need. That's not to say the PlayBook is perfect for everyone, quite clearly not - even I, as something of a content PlayBook owner, lament the current lacking of some apps.
    05-11-13 07:49 AM
    Paid $9.98 for my 16G PlayBook, after a ton of coupons and discounts from Staples. Its my constant companion and I could not do without it when I travel outside the US. My only problem is the lack of apps. Banks and airlines seem to all be dropping BlackBerry support even though many business travelers seem to use them. Go figure!
    05-11-13 08:14 AM
    [QUOTE]Just curious to know how many play book owners have left there play book to go to another tablet. And why ?

Left my 2 Playbooks. I don't know what everyone else does with their playbooks but we bought ours for business.
    Bought the Samsung Note 10.1 to go with my Note 2 phone. This is a killer combo.
    The Note 10.1 tablet does everything, PDF mark up, note taking. I'm in construction and we use pictures to document and describe installation requirements. This tablet allows me to take a picture and then make notes on the picture or on the back of the picture, big productivity gain here.
    Contracts are a breeze to write on this tablet and I can I send them straight to the printer.
    I send anything straight to the printer, handwritten notes, contracts, emails, event tickets, anything.
    What a novel idea, a tablet that the user can print from. I can work for days without ever turning on a Windows machine.
    The phone and tablet both are excellent at office doc edits and creation.

Still hoping BB does something to upgrade the Playbook as I own 2 of them and have never found much of a real business use for them.
    I bought them for business, ironic isn't it? The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is a business workhorse. Pair it with a Note 2 handset and you have true productivity.

If you use a tablet and/or phone for business and productivity is not an option forget BB and find something that knows what productivity is all about. For us the Note family of products provides true productivity and mobility.
    05-11-13 08:45 AM
    I dont see myself switching any time soon. ALthough I recognize other tablets have advantages over the PB, I don't NEED tablets in my life at this. I originally only picked up the playbook because it was such a good deal (I wasn't even in the tablet market at the time!)

I do love my PB, but even if it were to ever break/die, I don't see myself buying a new tablet in the near future.

I must say, I am curious to see how BB10 will look on the PB.
    05-11-13 01:56 PM
    I still use my PB regularly, however, recent events (opening our school, needing to scan and/or print things reliably) forced me to abandon my quest to run my entire enterprise from the palm of my hand. Fortunately, I got a great deal on an HP Envy x2 convertible and have been enjoying the flexibility and raw functionality that a full-Windows 8 (NOT RT!) tablet hybrid offers. Sure, it's more complex to operate and maintain than my PB. And I do miss some (mostly Android port) apps. But the ability to use the device as a tablet (weighs about the same as an iPad) and then simply dock it to the keyboard base when I need to launch Office and get work done is priceless.

So, if and when BB finally delivers at least a BETA of OS 10 I'll likely find myself using my PB more. But for now, I'm happy I stopped swimming against the tide and simply bought a Windows device for getting real work done.

Note: The alternative was hauling my ThinkPad w700ds back and forth to campus each day. And if you know anything about *that* beast, you will agree that it's truly a LINO (Laptop in Name Only).

RCK
    05-11-13 03:06 PM
    I still use my Playbook daily. Not as much since I got the Galaxy Note 2 but I still prefer the larger screen for browsing the internet and the audio quality cannot be beat by any of my devices at this time. I sideloaded Kindle to read books and I use Amazon to watch movies. The only thing I hate to do now is use Facebook on the Playbook. ..it runs horribly through the browser.
    05-11-13 09:19 PM
    Mmmmmmmm just thought as I'm passing that I would ask a simple question, being as I'm simple.

Why ask the question and name the thread "How many people have left their PlayBook"?

Why would anyone who has sold their pb still associate with this forum and therefore be in a position to give us the answer to the question asked?

Should the thread not have asked the question "How many people have returned to their playbook"?

So far we have had a host of posts telling us why they as members have remained loyal to their pb and very little from anyone who has actually sold their pb and after being disappointed returned to their pb.

Just a thought?
    05-12-13 10:26 AM
    I'm one of the loser who own a BlackBerry PlayBook, feel like cheated!

BlackBerry users want a good BlackBerry OS & devices! Wake up!
    05-12-13 11:18 AM
    I left the PlayBook for the Z10, hardly ever use my Playbook since getting the Z.
    05-12-13 11:59 AM
    Use my Playbook daily, still enjoying it for streaming movies and browsing the net
    And games with the kid's

Posted from my lovely BlackBerry Z10
    05-12-13 12:16 PM
    Use my PB daily. Rarely use my laptop though.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-12-13 12:25 PM
    Use my PB daily. Rarely use my laptop though.
    The laptop down in the Living Room generally only serves one purpose now - to update my Harmony Universal Remote controller is there an android app for that?). The pb moves around but generally accompanies me to the living room for those spontaneous "I've got to look that up" moments.
    05-12-13 12:34 PM
    I suppose ignorance is bliss?
    05-12-13 01:02 PM
    I suppose ignorance is bliss?
    So, how blissful are you?
    05-12-13 01:12 PM
    So, how blissful are you?
    Enough to ask a pertinent question and not just start yet another thread on how wonderful my pb is? I thought you would have understood that?
    05-12-13 01:19 PM
    Sadly, like most others, the PB is collecting dust.
    05-12-13 01:39 PM
    Ok let's become yet another sheep. No I HAVN'T stopped using my playbook because I think it's wonderful and does everything I want it to do but I can only tell you that because "I HAVN'T left my playbook"? If I had left my playbook I wouldn't have been reading this useless thread because I would be on a thread that was pertinent to the tablet I had left my playbook for??? ??????????
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-12-13 02:22 PM
167 12345 ...