06-15-13 09:44 AM
167 1234 ...
tools
    Yep. Got tired of the poor browser, so went for a Nexus 7. PlayBook is now rarely used. Hopefully if BlackBerry put OS10 on it I may use it once again.

BTW: hate to be a grammar Nazi but it's 'their' and not 'there'.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    05-10-13 04:36 AM
    I'm sad to say it but I have moved on to the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0...Still anxiously awaiting BB10!!
    05-10-13 09:22 AM
    Don't know, don't care.
    Couldn't agree more. Never used it and never will.

I watch plenty of movies and TV programmes on my PlayBook. As to Netflix - well, um, don't know, don't care.

I as well watch all kinds of movies, tv shows and sports on my playbook. I hardly watch my satellite any more as the streaming ability of playbook is much more convenient. Couldn't care about netchits but that is likely because its a lot like the bargin dvd bin at Walmart in the projects, here in Kanunada.

Well I'd like to.. although I've read several good books using Overdrive Media Console, for free, too - as I can access my local library.

Kindle sideloaded works great but epub reader is a much better app anyway. No issues reading any book in any format.

Don't know, don't care.

Is that some kind of game or something? Maybe the facebook, twitter-ati demographic care, but I don't.

Agreed!. Want to know my high score on pong as well ?

Nope - wouldn't mind using Skype, but it's not a deal breaker. Have used the PlayBook's native video chat thing, with other family members that have a PlayBook.

+1

When I start caring about a twitter app, I think it's time for a bullet in the brain.

I think it would be appropriate to empty the entire clip. I want an app that eliminates twits from the internet.

Do you see how that all works? People have divergent wants / needs / expectations. And merely that your specifics may well be not covered right now, does not make it a poor tablet for everybody.

More importantly, why did you buy a device that wouldn't serve your needs out of the box? Kinda like buying a Big Mac and whining that it doesn't taste like a T-bone and didn't come with an all you can eat salad bar.
    BioDave1955 and rsp44 like this.
    05-10-13 09:37 AM
    I only have used my playbook a handful number of times. Battery life is not great. It constantly drops my wifi signal. I use my ipad a lot more.
    05-10-13 09:51 AM
    About half your points are valid re: apps not on Playbook. Nevertheless, facebook and great twitter clients (Blaq for one) are there. Also, who cares about the Kindle app when there are so many other ereaders available including Indigo's which is excellent. The absence of some of the others reduces the utility of the PB for some people but there's no doubt that it's a great machine with a great OS for many people.
    FF22 and rotorwrench like this.
    05-10-13 09:51 AM
    [/HL]

More importantly, why did you buy a device that wouldn't serve your needs out of the box? Kinda like buying a Big Mac and whining that it doesn't taste like a T-bone and didn't come with an all you can eat salad bar.
    I bought my PlayBooks because they were cheap, essentially. I already had 2 Android tablets.

As to not meeting my needs, well it does, largely. I use it for email, light internet usage, watching video, listening to music, and reading the odd ebook.

Yes, there's a couple of additional things I'd like to be able to do with it, but neither are deal breakers. By and large, I'm reasonably satisfied with my PlayBooks. The point of my post, that you've replied to, is that whilst some people see some gaps in the available apps that they think are terribly important, to other users they are irrelevant or a needless distraction. I couldn't care less about facebook, twitter, fart-of-the-month-app, or games.

edit: just to point out, the sideloaded Kindle app is pointless for me at present, since it's too early a version to sync / whispersync sideloaded / "personal" documents. And since many of the books I read on my Kindle device, and occasionally on one of my Android tablets running the Kindle app are sideloaded / "personal" - not being able to sync them is a big deal for me in terms of using an app.
    05-10-13 10:40 AM
    Just curious to know how many play book owners have left there (sic) play book to go to another tablet. And why
    When I first saw this post, I thought, if they've left the playbook and gone to something else, why would they still be reading/posting in a playbook forum? But then I read all these responses from people who have left - what the heck are you still doing here?

Anyway, I love the playbook and use it everyday. I have no reason to seek anything else, since it does what I want and what I expected it to do.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-10-13 10:44 AM
    I use my Play book all the time. I am waiting for bridge to be updated so that I can use the full functionality again.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    05-10-13 10:51 AM
    Sorry for any confusion Wongsky, the last part of my post was for the original poster to whom you replied.

I think you and I are in complete agreement.
    05-10-13 12:06 PM
    I have left it to gather dust. I should really sell the thing. It's really a pretty junky little tablet. I had to wipe it every couple of months, else the keyboard browser lag thing became unbearable. That and the lack of app support make it not terribly useful for me. Still, it had it's day. Time to move on. Either of the Galaxy Note tabs kick its ss easily.

Edit: I forgot, they never fixed the stutter when recording video. Man, that little flaw sucked.
    05-10-13 12:47 PM
    I use mine everyday. love it

Sent from an ATM Machine
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-10-13 01:14 PM
    Don't know, don't care.

I watch plenty of movies and TV programmes on my PlayBook. As to Netflix - well, um, don't know, don't care.

Well I'd like to.. although I've read several good books using Overdrive Media Console, for free, too - as I can access my local library.

Don't know, don't care.

Is that some kind of game or something? Maybe the facebook, twitter-ati demographic care, but I don't.

Nope - wouldn't mind using Skype, but it's not a deal breaker. Have used the PlayBook's native video chat thing, with other family members that have a PlayBook.

When I start caring about a twitter app, I think it's time for a bullet in the brain.

Do you see how that all works? People have divergent wants / needs / expectations. And merely that your specifics may well be not covered right now, does not make it a poor tablet for everybody.
    I fathom that, but a majority of users like me do want and deserve these apps from the beginning. Alright, that's too harsh. How about after one year....still none.
    05-10-13 03:18 PM
    I left my PlayBook a couple of weeks ago.

My wife and I went out to dinner and while waiting for our food, she said "Let's play backgammon" and had to tell her that I left my PlayBook at home.

Other than that, it goes everywhere with me and my Z.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-10-13 03:25 PM
    I use my playbook everyday.

Its my address book
    calander
    internet browser
    games to play in transit
    media center
    organizer
    Word processor/excel/powerpoint
    email hub
    mp3 player
    camera/camcorder
    e-book reader
    my personal metorologist
    my voip phone
    news stand
    voice recorder
    my wireless printer (obviously my playbook doesn't do the printing)
    my clock/alarm clock
    my calculator
    my gps
    my radio

and what ever else I need it to do there are apps for that.

these are what I use daily. and with bb10 we are goimg to have a more capiable tablet than the ipad mini.
    rotorwrench, cdnynot and Elphie123 like this.
    05-10-13 03:37 PM
    I still use mine for Angry Birds, some light surfing the net in bed, and a few things like that. But it no longer goes everywhere with me. The inability to use IMAP over the bridge has really messed up my email, and it just hasn't kept up with the new software. I have a Nexus 7 that I don't like as well, but it does more of what I have to do. I'm hoping OS10 will bring it back to life, but as time drags on without a release, that seems less likely. I'm afraid it's going to be like my PalmOS devices that I hated giving up, but time moves on.
    05-10-13 03:59 PM
    I've had my Playbook 16gb since launch and I still use it pretty much everyday. Since getting the Nexus 7 I'll admit that it doesn't get use quite as often though.

Their's noway I'll get rid of it since PB OS10 will be out sometime this year.
    05-10-13 04:20 PM
    I fathom that, but a majority of users like me do want and deserve these apps from the beginning. Alright, that's too harsh. How about after one year....still none.
    How do you know that a majority of users are like you?
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-10-13 04:42 PM
    Still use it, not as much since I went to another phone, but if I'm in wifi area I'm on it. But must be honest also I've been looking around at other tablets. Just to many out there to have to sit around and Waite for an update.
    05-10-13 05:40 PM
    How do you know that a majority of users are like you?
    Well, let's see...

Popular apps such as Facebook, Temple Run, Skype, Netflix, Kindle, and more didn't just become popular with only a small percentage of users downloading them. Like thousands of other people, I use these apps at least once a day.
    05-10-13 06:02 PM
    I only use mine now to read in the bath as I'm not too worried if I dropped it in! I moved to a Surface months ago and haven't looked back.
    05-10-13 06:20 PM
    When I first saw this post, I thought, if they've left the playbook and gone to something else, why would they still be reading/posting in a playbook forum? But then I read all these responses from people who have left - what the heck are you still doing here?

Anyway, I love the playbook and use it everyday. I have no reason to seek anything else, since it does what I want and what I expected it to do.
    I pop back here once every couple of weeks or so to see if OS10 ever did get released. Glad I didn't bother waiting!
    taz323 likes this.
    05-10-13 06:22 PM
    Great. So how's the Facebook app on the PlayBook? Also, any good movies on Netflix you would recommend to be played on PlayBook? Reading any good books on your Kindle App on your PlayBook? What's your highest score for Temple Run on the PlayBook? Have you video called anyone on Skype for the PlayBook yet?
    How many followers do you have on your Twitter app for the PlayBook?
    1-I don't Do Facebook
    2-I don't do movies on my PB nor PC and never will. I have a 50" flatscreen for that.
    3-I have 32 books currently on my PB mix of reference, non-fiction and fiction. Kobo and epubs.
    works great for me. But my wife and two co-workers have Kindle loaded on their PBs
    and works fine.
    4-Don't play TempleRun but LaraCroft, DeadSpace, Modern Combat and NFS are amazing on
    The PB.
    5-I Skype on my 9930 and I VideoChat on my PB
    6- I have 5396 followers on Twitter using Blaq for PB. Love the UI and layout.

I now have 3 PBs, 1st 65gb was purchased in Sept after release. 2nd and 3rd were purchased from members here with broken digitizers and I repaired them. We have 9 PBs at work and plan on continuing their use. Happy with my PBs and ready to load BB10 on it when it's ready.

FWIW, I won a Nexus at a radio station benefit, played with it and sold it a week later. Some like them,I didn't. I still prefer the PB over any current tablet available. That's me.

What I find ironic is these guys that think if you don't agree with them and love your PB for your needs, you're a fanboy or lying. I got news for them, grow up, your opinion is just that, an opinion, not a universal truth and the world doesn't have to agree with you to keep turning.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-10-13 at 10:29 PM.
    rsp44 likes this.
    05-10-13 10:19 PM
    I use mine mostly for email and light surfing. Get home from work, and the kids use it for watching youtube. A few game apps, but the kids aren't old enough to enjoy them very much. No Netflix or other connection required apps needed, as they're pretty much useless on the road. Loaded some kid movies for the long hauls to keep the kids quiet. Man, this thing works harder than the Z10. Waiting on 10.1 to upgrade all dozen and a half tablets (have three in the house, lent one to a friend, lent another to wife's friend, lent one to coworker's kid, gave one to a nephew, and the rest are on loan to students until end of the school year - hopefully they're returned in fair shape). All these, and only one cracked one in the lot. Trying to convince myself not to get another to "replace" that one because of the cost of repair, but it's a slowly losing battle. If 10.1 is released soon, it'll definitely tilt the decision.
    05-10-13 10:45 PM
    In order, my usage is:

1) Laptop: for sites that require heavy itnteracton
    2) Playbok: for quick access while vegging on the couch
    3) Z10 for quck on the go, for calls and for BBM and text
    AWB70 likes this.
    05-10-13 11:06 PM
    Had it since launch day and use it every day as my email device and as my Web browser. Happy enough to stick with it until it dies. Love how loud the speakers are on it too.
    05-10-13 11:38 PM
167 1234 ...