Out of box? Dunno. Why wouldn't you want to make it by our own?

Posted via CB10
    I wanted a device that did the greatest amount of what I wanted with the least configuration and hassle possible, in a 7"-8" form factor. For now, that device happens to be the PlayBook.

If you are a heavy user of Google's services, or enjoy rooting and flashing devices and trying all manner of ROMs until you find one you like, then go for an Android device.

If you enjoy sleek hardware and the best app library in the world, go for an iPad.

Each platform has its strengths and weaknesses. And although the PlayBook is a 2+ year old device that is - let's face it - practically dead as a platform, it can still do some things that no other tablet in its class can do. I don't care how badly RIM/BlackBerry screwed up its implementation and marketing, in spite of all that it's turned out to be an impressive little gadget that I rather enjoy using.
    05-22-13 02:29 PM
    Addendum to my post above: the bottom line? PBOS 2 is still a lot nicer to use than Android or iOS (the OS, not the apps or lack thereof). So, for basic browsing and email, the PlayBook is still superior in my opinion
    Last edited by lorax1284; 05-23-13 at 01:35 AM.
    sad_old_man, rexrim and bbfan1040 like this.
    05-22-13 04:08 PM
    Pretty much left it. The BB10 platform is excellent and as people said bridge was useful with my 9780 bug nowadays the functionality is pretty much limited so I'll keep it as a backup. So far Z10 for me plus more apps that I use on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 04:19 PM
    I use my 16GB PlayBook everyday to stream TV shows because I don't like paying for cable. With apps like TV Tablet, I can watch a variety of different shows. Streaming sports is pretty rad too!

If I wanted to get updated on the news, it's right in my hands with my Z10. Twitter is great for up to the minute happenings and the browser is dope.

Both of my devices are workhorses. I've never had any major issues with them!

Posted via CB10 / Z10 / 10.1.0.273
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-22-13 04:21 PM
    Nope !

Have no need for other tablet, other than BBPb !
    nappp likes this.
    05-22-13 05:50 PM
    I use my Playbook every single day at home. It's great just to pick up and browse my emails and favourite web sites. to be honest I don't really need it to do that much more; although Skype would be really nice.

Yes, i want BB10 on the Playbook, but that's more to do with it being the latest and greatest OS from Blackberry and I'd love to have it. But I don't really need it, not really - Not yet anyway.

I find the Playbook does what I need. And we'll get BB10 later this year sometime. I'm happy with that.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-22-13 06:30 PM
    I love the playbook, but the police stole it

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-22-13 06:37 PM
    Never

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-22-13 06:39 PM
    Addendum tomy post above: the bottom line? PBOS 2 is still a lot nicer to use than Android or iOS (the OS, not the apps or lack thereof). So, for basic browsing and email, the PlayBook is still superior in my opinion
    Must be why the practically gave them away. Superior device.

Posted via CB10
    brianatbb likes this.
    05-22-13 07:40 PM
    Must be why the practically gave them away. Superior device.

Posted via CB10
    Matter of opinion.
    05-22-13 08:34 PM
    My Tivo just died and my pb is playing a fill in role.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-22-13 09:25 PM
    My Playbook has now stepped up and took the role of alarm clock from my Z10. I generally use my phones to wake me up in the morning. This morning my internal alarm clock woke me to see my Z10 rebooting itself.
    Let's say it does that just when the alarm suppose to go off. Although I'm way past waking up for a final exam, like the other thread, I still need to stay punctual.
    So my Playbook, with an alarm app, will take its place till blackberry works out the bugs.

Posted via my Zee 10
    06-10-13 08:11 PM
    i threw away mine
    i tried to give it for free but no one wanted that piece of **** here in france
    so it is somewhere
    06-10-13 08:28 PM
    If you threw yours away why are you still here? Couldn't give it away???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-10-13 09:11 PM
    did not leave yet, but only a matter of time

Purchased a 64gb 2 years, was about 599, plus tax, than bought the Keyboard, the charger stand, so I spend at least around $800
    Could have bought an Apple IPad for it

cant open document, excel files, half of the times, same with evernote
    now have a problem to open the browsers, they crash on me
    just works when a reboot, and I have to do that 5 times a day
    now the PB locks up on me so every other day
    I used to use it for business, but not reliable anymore, to embarrassing to go to a meeting and I cant open my files

will move to the IPad when the new models are coming up or maybe the surface, to stay in the Windows environment
    will upgrade my laptop to windows 365
    Bought my wife an Ipad mini, she is is very happy with it

cant wait for BB10 anymore, no skype, no apps from banks and investment house
    no native apps to sync my database from my laptop outlook, I have 25,000 contacts
    in gmail you can only sync up to 10,000
    so I still schlepp my Laptop when traveling
    with the PB that was not supposed to be
    Bakamushi likes this.
    06-10-13 09:18 PM
    Have had it for a year and a half, would have already migrated to Samsung or Nexus but can wait for latest updates later this summer with even faster processors. PB was a nice conception but it just doesn't work well, in a variety of ways that have been described by others. Can't even keep emails longer than 30 days -- a big negative when traveling. Still use it for book reading (good), occasional web browsing (usually an exercise in frustration) and watching videos on the TV. Can't imagine ever having to rely on it for more than P2G app files I store for travel (tickets, hotel reservations, etc.) and the calendar, which I do like. Not even close as a PC replacement, despite what others claim. Lack of effective sharing options kills it for many uses.

A shame Rim didn't bother supporting it enough to make it a go. It could have been a winner in the $250-$299 range. Instead, it's found it's home in the bargain-basement bin.
    06-11-13 11:39 AM
    Sold the playbook on ebay. Sadly I was able to get more for the mini keyboard than for the tablet itself! That paid for about half of my new iPad which is light years beyond what the playbook gave me. Yes I loved the operating system and speakers, and the bridge to my 9930 was nice, but the browser and app selection were terrible. The iPad is so far ahead in these two respects that I kind of wonder what I was thinking when I bought the PB originally.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    06-11-13 01:06 PM

Psssst.. (sheltered upbringing)!
    06-11-13 01:17 PM
    I still keep it for showing photos, the screen has good color accuracy. But the playbook was extremely lucky it had a Picasa sync app...

Good also for for playing audio. Powerful speakers.

For movies yeah it's more like showing archives to family, but I don't really bother on ANY small screen, since I have something convenient called a large TV. And again the playbook got very lucky the Kalemsoft app was available.

On the whole it's a good reader, if you buy the few apps that the other platforms have by default. There are a few light gaming gems here and there, if you have the time to find them among the crap.

For productivity, cloud, messaging, pdf, etc, it just doesn't play in that category.

Just keep it for archiving a few photos, audiobooks and old movies, and you will be happy with it, or at least you will avoid a heart attack realizing all the things RIM could have done with it.
    brianatbb likes this.
    06-11-13 06:31 PM

Is it written somewhere that i have to leave this funny place if i get rid of my playbook ?

You seems to be useless like the playbook
    06-11-13 06:56 PM
    I still have mine but it sits unused, I use a iPad 2 at home and a Nexus 7 for on the go.
    Yes - I leave my 32G BBPB several times a day, mostly because I can't find it. That's why I went and bought a BBPB 64G a couple of months ago. Now when I run the battery down on one, I can simply pick up the other. Except when I can't find either, then the wlrld stops until I find at least one if them. I'm sure they chuckle about this to each other constantly
    FF22 likes this.
    06-11-13 08:24 PM
    Is it written somewhere that i have to leave this funny place if i get rid of my playbook ?

80 posts only to say how crappy the playbook is? Dude get a life.
    castoridae likes this.
    06-11-13 08:49 PM

Certainly I would not be the one to eject you. And I should feel ashamed of myself to ask the question. If it makes you happy to forcefully express your unhappiness nobody should try to interfere with your pleasure. Hope it doesn't interfere with your sleep.

06-11-13 09:29 PM
    80 posts only to say how crappy the playbook is? Dude get a life.
    Still a fanboy of the playbook in June 2013 ? Dude get a life.
    kirikouestpetit likes this.
    06-12-13 08:36 AM
    Still a fanboy of the playbook in June 2013 ? Dude get a life.
    Hate to burst your bubble but a lot of people still love there play books.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    06-12-13 08:50 AM
167 ... 4567