Leaving as soon as i can afford too.. the ipad is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 01:11 PM
    The answer to the original question:

Mostly the folks that work from Rimberry..........apparently.
    phylez likes this.
    05-14-13 01:57 PM
    A couple days ago I ordered a new 64 GB PlayBook from Amazon for $190. I explain why in a blog post.

Even if BB10 never comes to the PlayBook, I think it's still a great value and has some usable life left in it.
    05-14-13 04:12 PM
    still using it
    bought my wife an Ipad mini to try out the competition
    I am sure by October I am ready to move on from my 2 1/2 years old PB,
    it is getting too slow now, too clumsy,
    keeping the PB as an play toy as there are no more new Apps
    BB as a company will not survive anyway, I give them another 3 years
    as a one product company you can not survive on a market share of 6%
    05-14-13 06:12 PM
    I still use my PB daily. It is my alarm clock, my music player. My banking apps are on it. Movies are incredibly sharp and beautiful on it...way better than my iPad mini. There are a couple of word games that can't be matched on any other device that I have tried (yet! ), and I love Kobo and Zinio on the PB. I have been trying to get in the habit of using Ever note which I can use across platforms.

There are two reasons why I use my iPad mini, however. I enjoy browsing the Web without the constant checker boarding of the PB. I have many books on Nook and Amazon in addition to Kobo, and I can read from all 3 apps on one device.

If I had to make a choice between tablets, I would choose the PB over the ipad based on MY needs, but I am glad that I don't have to make that choice!

I am using my Z10 the majority of the time now that I'm getting used to flicking my words. The more I use this phone the more I like it, so my need for a tablet has decreased somewhat, but I can't picture NOT using the PB. Maybe if we wind up with a BlackBerry phablet some day I'll change my mind!!

Posted via CB10
    cdnynot likes this.
    05-14-13 06:53 PM
    I bought an iPad mini, if BB10 not arrive to PB I will sell it.
    05-14-13 10:17 PM
    Got my PlayBook in November, 2011 and it has been my daily companion. Mostly use it to download and watch videos and reading the news on the Web. Also use it to pay bills, banking and shopping online. I almost never use my laptop anymore. I also don't have a smartphone, but do have an iPod Touch.

Having said all that, I did order a Nook HD +, because I wanted a bigger screen to watch videos. It was cheap, $180. Not sure if it will replace my PlayBook. But, the PlayBook is getting old.
    05-14-13 10:56 PM
    Selling four of mine on eBay this week, done waiting. I will keep one just to access what I paid for and use it as an alarm clock.

Wish Thor would have the balls to say its dead and middle finger all who wait for bb10 on it. May as well **** off all your customers who bought it holding out hope. Just crush them so they can dump it and go android based or iPad.
    05-14-13 11:00 PM
    And can I ask why? What about the pb besides a good price and unique and comfortable interface did you like?
    besides the great interface and usability (and ofc the price), i love how it works together with my 9900. connected with bridge, i can access everything i need.

i needed a 7' tablet, android was not a choice for me (dont like the instablility, tried many android phones, trashed them all), it was only the choice between an ipad mini and the PB. i went for the playbook with a little hope of an update to BB10, but even without, i love this tablet. i gave my ipad to my gf since i dont use it anymore at all!
    FF22 and nappp like this.
    05-15-13 05:52 AM
    My Playbook died a merciful death. Bought it on the first day of US release and used it every day. It was a great tool for work and play. Battery gave out and wifi was not holding connections. Bought the service plan where I purchased the device but they could not fix it (worked on it for some time but somehow the display got fried). They are sending me a credit to the retailer I bought it from but they no longer carry the device. I will miss it and hope Blackberry evolves the platform. Still have my Bold and look forward to upgrading to the Z10. Bye bye PB, you were great while you lasted.
    05-19-13 08:26 PM
    Selling four of mine on eBay this week, done waiting. I will keep one just to access what I paid for and use it as an alarm clock.

Wish Thor would have the balls to say its dead and middle finger all who wait for bb10 on it. May as well **** off all your customers who bought it holding out hope. Just crush them so they can dump it and go android based or iPad.
    Wow Sparky, what happened?
    BBRY sent you 2000$ for building apps back in April... Now you're turning against BBRY? I see in some of your posts, you're telling people not to buy ANY BlackBerry product...
    I personally love my PlayBook, sure it's 2 years old, but it does what I need it to do for me.
    I like that fact that it can multitask better than Apple and Android still and it is 2 years old.
    For the price, still think that the playbook is amazing.
    05-20-13 03:16 AM
    Maybe he/she's pissed because BBRY haven't come clean about the PlayBook's future to developers and users. Why bother working on a platform that the maker itself has dumped?

You can develop for BB10 and hope that won't go the way of PBOS or you can jump to Android, iOS, WP8 and have a much larger market with much stronger manufacturer support. If you're feeling brave you can try Qt-based platforms like Jolla Sailfish or Ubuntu Mobile.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-20-13 06:09 AM
    Love the PB!
    Nothing wrong with it.
    05-20-13 06:15 AM
    For those of you looking for replacements that don't break the bank. Beginning in August there's going to be some awesome Android based laptop/tablet hybrids coming out. Google the HP Slate X2. Wicked looking offering with full HD display, new Tegra 4 CPU and under $500 coming in 3 months.
    05-20-13 09:03 PM
    I sold my playbook a few months ago after having it rot in my desk for several months. Sooo happy to have it off my hands. Among the worst things I have ever spent money on in my life (purchased it for full retail on launch day). Big waste of time and money. Purchased a nexus 10 shortly after selling it and it's a night and day experience. The playbook couldn't even begin to compare at all. Currently waiting on the new nexus 7 to drop to fill in the 7 inch void, but definitely never owning another bb tablet again.

Also I must say that tethering this thing to my nexus 4 is a far greater solution than bridge will ever be.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    05-21-13 12:43 AM
    I sold my playbook a few months ago after having it rot in my desk for several months. Sooo happy to have it off my hands. Among the worst things I have ever spent money on in my life (purchased it for full retail on launch day). Big waste of time and money. Purchased a nexus 10 shortly after selling it and it's a night and day experience. The playbook couldn't even begin to compare at all. Currently waiting on the new nexus 7 to drop to fill in the 7 inch void, but definitely never owning another bb tablet again.

Also I must say that tethering this thing to my nexus 4 is a far greater solution than bridge will ever be.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    That's good if your carrier does not charge extra to tether.
    05-21-13 12:59 AM
    OK. My pennyworth.

I love my Playbook. But is now relegated to use on my computer table for Video chat to my brother. Everything about it is so much better than my Nexus 7. Screen, O/S, everything! So why is it relegated? I was incorrectly told by the salespeople that I could use Skype and Copilot. Neither can be installed. As I had purchased 2 Playbooks and given one to my brother I could not then ask for return, and video chat is superb.

Why do I use the Nexus, which is inferior. Well, I travel in a motorhome and use Copilot and can also use Skype by tethering to the mobile. To use, and charge, the Playbook in the motorhome I need a special 12v adaptor as the Playbook needs 1.8a to charge. Most cars are set at 1.0a. My Nexus and mobile use the 12v system, and use 1.0a, so I need only to carry one connector. Cheap enough to duplicate for car and motorhome. The Playbook 1.8a means I need to carry a second. Expensive to duplicate for car and motorhome. I could transfer it every time to each vehicle on use, but on many occasions I have forgotten and then been unable to use the Playbook for fear of discharging too much. Another failing, no automatic cut off before critical low battery level.

Waiting for BB10 is like waiting for paint to dry, when it is constantly being repainted. I believed, but I don't now, that BB10 will arrive for the Playbook. The indications are there. The wording from the powers that be, are altering. I hope that Blackberry succeed, They have changed their emphasis from O/S to connectivity. So, too little too late.

So why do I use something that is inferior. Because it does the job.

I read and enjoy this forum more that any other. Will I stop using the Playbook, No! Would I get another Blackberry device, No!

Regards to all.

Ross
    Last edited by rossjackson01; 05-22-13 at 04:38 PM.
    05-21-13 04:35 AM
    That's good if your carrier does not charge extra to tether.
    This is off topic, but no they don't. Not for this specific combination at least and I'll do my best to explain why I think they dont. Right now I'm on a T-Mobile 70$ unlimited prepaid plan. The way the nexus 4 enables tethering is with a built in wifi tethering option that can be selected in its settings menu.

And Since this device was purchased off contract directly from Google there is no carrier bloat to monitor it's usage directly. Not only that but I believe by tethering to another android device like a tablet it does not trip T-Mobile's user agent detectors like it would for a pc or Mac. And as of now I not been throttled or anything or the sort, with pretty insane usage. Definitely getting my money's worth.

It's possible that they may have a limit set in place for pc wifi tethering(which I have yet to test), but none for similar device tethering. Just thought I would share. Loving this setup.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-13 07:53 AM
    Hi still use playbook every day, had it since launch, but if BB10 never comes, last Blackberry product i will buy, have bought surface RT tablet it also has flash player vital for me, and its larger size, playbook wont last forever, shame 10" playbook never arrived,
    05-21-13 02:26 PM
    Love the PB but I no longer use mine. Doesn't hold a candle to the Z10. I use my iPad extensively but if the PB ever gets a 10.1 or higher upgrade I'm switching back.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 03:22 PM
    Crippling Bridge on BB10 has me still carrying it with me if I need to do some serious surfing on the go, but the Z10 browser is good for most things. When Bridge is restored to full functionality and hopefully when it's updated to BB10, I will shift some of my mobile computing from the Z10 back to the PlayBook... but for now, I'm making do mostly with just my Z10 (and that is not the ideal situation... loved my PlayBook + 9810 + Bridge, and hope that one day PlayBook + Z10 + Bridge is as useful).
    FF22 likes this.
    05-22-13 12:40 PM
    I still have mine and I do have use for it at home. I am more on the Android S3 and Galaxy tablet for the moment. Those devices do fine with productivity but will never compare to BB's productivity stuff. I'm only out of BB because I do like the other apps that are not on BB like Netflix, Skype and all those goodies and I don't want to carry multiple devices just for the different purposes.
    05-22-13 01:14 PM
    Ok let's become yet another sheep. No I HAVN'T stopped using my playbook because I think it's wonderful and does everything I want it to do but I can only tell you that because "I HAVN'T left my playbook"? If I had left my playbook I wouldn't have been reading this useless thread because I would be on a thread that was pertinent to the tablet I had left my playbook for??? ??????????
    Sorry. With all the great tablets out there now that do what a PlayBook does and lore why not switch?
    Unless it was the 99.00 price tag...can't beat that.
    Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 01:16 PM
    Sorry. With all the great tablets out there now that do what a PlayBook does and lore why not switch?
    Unless it was the 99.00 price tag...can't beat that.
    Posted via CB10
    Which tablets have flash support out-of-the-box?

Presentation mode?

True multi-tasking

Front-facing speakers?

Rapid charging ports?

If there are tablets out there besides the PlayBook that do all these things please let me know.
    RD9700 likes this.
    05-22-13 02:03 PM
    Which tablets have flash support out-of-the-box?

Presentation mode?

True multi-tasking

Front-facing speakers?

Rapid charging ports?

If there are tablets out there besides the PlayBook that do all these things please let me know.
    Out of box? Dunno. Why wouldn't you want to make it by our own?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 02:07 PM
167 ... 34567