Just curious to know how many play book owners have left there play book to go to another tablet. And why

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-09-13 06:16 PM
    Not I. I do have a Droid tablet just for use with my Swingbyte Golfing device.
    05-09-13 06:18 PM
    No, I have not. I use it to surf the net at night, especially CrackBerry. My laptop had a virus, so I was using it a lot more while I was waiting for it to be repaired. I use it when I travel too.
    05-09-13 06:29 PM
    It's amazing how long the battery lasts now that i don't have email going to it! I still use it for watching you tube, reading books and reading the news paper.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:44 PM
    i only have one, my playbook,,, like it, got a great deal on it,,, bridge rules,,, i'm not one of those that needs 14 of everything just to say i have one...
    05-09-13 07:15 PM
    Nope , still using two of mine. One for commute and one for bed time.
    05-09-13 07:36 PM
    I got rid of mine and went to the Surface, I don't like the larger size but it's the most capable tablet I've ever used. Of course the pro was 5x the cost.
    Send Again likes this.
    05-09-13 07:55 PM
    Nope, still using my Playbook. Just put it down long enough to reply to a BBM on my Z10 lol

Posted via my Zee 10
    05-09-13 07:57 PM
    Yes, I left Playbook and got an iPad 4. I still use it as an alarm clock.

I got sick of checker boarding on CB, the folder issues with over 30 days content, waiting for updates that come with problems, the 3 months it took me to get a Blackberry World issue resolved, syncing yahoo, mail, contacts, calendar. Waiting for bb10, which if it ever comes to PB, may not run well (per Kevin's comments) no more apps being written for Playbook.

I got good use out of it and had fun on CB, but, time to move on.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-09-13 07:59 PM
    I use mine as an alarm clock. Patiently waiting for the fkin BB10 update!
    05-09-13 08:05 PM
    I still us my PB faithfully. I love my PB and I can't wait for it to be upgraded to my Z10.
    05-09-13 08:15 PM
    I use my PB everyday be it work or entertainment. I am one of those people who has more than one because one is work sensitive and the other ( Home Edition ) is for play, where movies and games are stored.

Contrary to what someone posted apps are being added to New Arrival section everyday on PB some native and yes some ports they may not be what you're looking for but they're being added.
    05-09-13 08:35 PM
    I think the PB is the most amazing blackberry device so far ( z10 included) and the bridge is probably the most revolutionary concept.i hardly use my mobiles ( 99000,9800,z10) for anything except making calls.my pb is used for everything ,surfing the net, reading mails,reading my ebooks, watching movies,accessing my text messages,bbm etc. Would never tire of it.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-09-13 08:49 PM
    It's only a matter of time before I switch to an iPad. All the tech items in my life are Apple or compatible with Apple. I was looking forward to having BB10 on my Playbook, but I don't know if that's ever coming, and soon I may not care. None of this is to say I don't enjoy my Playbook. I do. It's just the one device that doesn't mesh perfectly with everything else.
    Tazos and k_evjen like this.
    05-09-13 08:59 PM
    I left my 16 GB PlayBook (bought at $499.99 nonetheless) for a WiFi + Mobile Data Nexus 32 GB. I felt it was just a truly no-brainer upgrade hardware-wise. Had a good time with the PlayBook but I decided to move on and to try out Android OS. I am still using my Torch 9810 as daily driver though. At this point I am very skeptical that BlackBerry 10 will ever be released for PlayBook as BlackBerry has basically soured over the idea of tablet (read Thorsten's comment about tablet becoming irrelevant in 5 years). Not surprising given the fact that PlayBook was never a success by any measure to begin with.
    rupam95 likes this.
    05-09-13 09:01 PM
    I think the PB is the most amazing blackberry device so far ( z10 included) and the bridge is probably the most revolutionary concept.i hardly use my mobiles ( 99000,9800,z10) for anything except making calls.my pb is used for everything ,surfing the net, reading mails,reading my ebooks, watching movies,accessing my text messages,bbm etc. Would never tire of it.
    Great. So how's the Facebook app on the PlayBook? Also, any good movies on Netflix you would recommend to be played on PlayBook? Reading any good books on your Kindle App on your PlayBook? What's your highest score for Temple Run on the PlayBook? Have you video called anyone on Skype for the PlayBook yet?
    How many followers do you have on your Twitter app for the PlayBook?
    Praveenplaybook and taz323 like this.
    05-09-13 09:02 PM
    Sold my Playbook about a month ago. Really didn't have much use for it.

Somebody on eBay got a good deal on it.

Don't need another tablet. I use my MacBook Pro for everything but reading. That's what my Kobo Glo is for.
    05-09-13 09:40 PM
    To be honest, I didn't left mine but I was waiting for an update

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:00 PM
    I use mine everyday.
    My Playbook and Z10 go everywhere with me... the bridging is some what lacking, but I love both my Blackberry devices.
    I don't watch netflix, there are free versions that I think are better, facebook does the trick - sure it lacks but it works, as for the kindle - I prefer real books. I'm not a gamer, and all the people I video chat have a Blackberry Playbook or Z10 so video chats are nice.
    05-09-13 10:10 PM
    I look forward to BB10 on my always amazing PB, my PB has been very faithful to me since I purchased it on launch date (32 gb $599), I use it literaly 24 hours a day 7 days a week. in my office i have it open in the BlackBerry mini keyboard case playing music via the native music app (17 gb of music in my library) with a clock app on the screen. during my lunch hour I'm surfing CrackBerry.com. and replying to work emails while bridged to my 9900 (cmon AT&T and give me a release date for my Q10). the days I work from home I use the VPN and Remote Desktop App to access my work PC, depending on how much work I have I'll work straight from the PlayBook of attach to a bigger moniter. my 40 minute commute to and from work in my Caddy I have it docked on a rapid charger that conveniently fits on my dash and I blast my music through my stereo system via the amazing Neutron MP app. when home I use it to prepare my bible class lessons via Doc2Go (the BlackBerry mini keyboard is truly underated) then when in church I'm giving the lesson from my PlayBook or using the E-MManuel+ bible app to follow the sermon. when out with family at an event I pack my tripod and supamount adapter to prop up the PlayBook on the tripod and take amazing 720p videos to share when the family is all together and all I need to do is attach it to my 50 inch plasma via HDMI, during down time in the evenings I'm watching the Yankees play via the web browser on mlb.tv (I so look forward to this app when BB10 is released on my PB, I'm so jealous of you Z10 owners right now) I have it placed in the rapid charger on my night table so I mostly watch the baseball games on the PlayBook itself while laying in bed. once the game is over and its time to call it a night I turn on the Bed-Buzz app and wait for it to wake me up in the morning and do it all over again. ( I should disclose that my 4 year old son takes it from me daily for a bit in the evenings so he can watch Ninja Tutrles Cartoon via the YouTube app). I also look forward to the next version of the PlayBook, sure hope they beef up the internals and the LTE Version becomes available through AT&T.

so to answers the OP's question if you have not figured it out in my short essay "I have no plans on leaving my PlayBook"
    05-09-13 10:48 PM
    I use mine occasionally for meeting notes. My iPad is my workhorse however.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 01:04 AM
    Bought a nexus 7 , never turned back to playbook again...
    05-10-13 01:39 AM
    Great. So how's the Facebook app on the PlayBook?
    Don't know, don't care.
    Also, any good movies on Netflix you would recommend to be played on PlayBook?
    I watch plenty of movies and TV programmes on my PlayBook. As to Netflix - well, um, don't know, don't care.
    Reading any good books on your Kindle App on your PlayBook?
    Well I'd like to.. although I've read several good books using Overdrive Media Console, for free, too - as I can access my local library.
    What's your highest score for Temple Run on the PlayBook?
    Don't know, don't care.

Is that some kind of game or something? Maybe the facebook, twitter-ati demographic care, but I don't.
    Have you video called anyone on Skype for the PlayBook yet?
    Nope - wouldn't mind using Skype, but it's not a deal breaker. Have used the PlayBook's native video chat thing, with other family members that have a PlayBook.
    How many followers do you have on your Twitter app for the PlayBook?
    When I start caring about a twitter app, I think it's time for a bullet in the brain.

Do you see how that all works? People have divergent wants / needs / expectations. And merely that your specifics may well be not covered right now, does not make it a poor tablet for everybody.
    FF22, Cynycl, BioDave1955 and 6 others like this.
    05-10-13 03:04 AM
    I want to say in china, only a few part of people owns a PB and at the most time, it is used to watch movies and surfice the internet. nothing more.....
    so less apps for PB, not alone apps for Chinese
    05-10-13 03:05 AM
    I still use mine for business and streaming online...patiently waiting for BB10 update.

If it doesn't come, I'll just get a Samsung Chromebook....

Easily pleased.
    05-10-13 03:13 AM
167 123 ...