View Poll Results: Are you running naked1

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 51.02%
  • No

48 48.98%
    i have been using the BB Convertible case for a couple of weeks now and its pretty solid. wish for a flap enclosure but besides that all good.

i just had to pull my PB out of the case for a hard reset and realized how quickly i had forgotten how slim and sexy a naked PB is. i personally don't like extended use with out a case as i find my PB run hot enough that it makes my hands tingle and want to put it down.

Are most people rocking a case or going bare? Any ultra slim cases out there? I liked the Blurex case but it doesn't ship to Canada nor have any back protection for the PB and my sensitive hands.
    01-17-12 02:16 PM
    I got mine just last week & only ordered a case few days but yet to receive it. The naked PB looks great, though it tends to heat up when watching videos or using the Splashtop Remote Desktop. I'm worried about scratching the back or the screen itself, coming to love it for its browser alone (forget the lack of apps).
    01-17-12 02:36 PM
    I've got a Blurex case, and it's really good... slim, high quality etc.
    Isn't the acase pretty much identical??
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    01-17-12 02:37 PM
    I like both - use a case when in transit, and no case when around the house. Really like the feel of the Playbook without any case.
    Lyls likes this.
    01-17-12 02:38 PM
    i got a case . but just is good to watch tv app on it. or movies .
    out of tbe case the pb naked is very slim and my wifi works faster.
    games i take it out all the time
    Last edited by gladiatorofyale; 01-17-12 at 02:44 PM.
    anon(3460513) likes this.
    01-17-12 02:40 PM
    The pouch that came with it is sufficient for me. The naked is fine except for when trying to find stand for it. I carry the charging dock when I need the stand now.
    01-17-12 02:41 PM
    Mine is naked, I like the feel of it. Mine never gets hot, even though the other day I watched a whole movie off HBO GO with my Dish Network subscription. The hottest recorded temp with Battery Guru was still a few degrees below body temperature.
    01-17-12 02:43 PM
    the only case i use is the included pouch

mine has been completely naked from day one, except when in it's pouch (okay, that sentence sounded odd, hey?) lol....

anyways, all i have is an unused "invisible shield" - and it remains unused because i cannot stay off my playbook for the amount of time required for the screen proetctor to "cure", lol - because after installing the invisible shield, it takes a minimum of 12 hours to cure

because i rarely sleep, i also cannot tolerate even say, 4 hours of playbook downtime, lmao!!!!! i am that much of a blackberry feeeend

i am a "technical minimalist" - just invented the genre, right now, but what i mean is - my only 2 worldly posessions (seriously) are my blackberry smartphone and my playbook. i do not own anything else, except a skateboard for doing tricks and some music, oh and a cat, clothes, that's it

sorry for the long winded, seemingly random information, but i'm happiest when providing you all with an enjoyable read

peace, love, and chicken grease
    Last edited by buckwylder; 01-17-12 at 09:38 PM.
    blue-b and fj_cruiser like this.
    01-17-12 02:45 PM
    Just the Neoprene pouch here, no silly screen protector gizmos needed.
    Lyls likes this.
    01-17-12 02:48 PM
    Naked as a jaybird since April and lovin every minute.
    I did try a case for a for days but it just siting in the desk drawer now.
    01-17-12 02:50 PM
    I like it bare (lol) when im just using it around the house but when i take it on my travels i use the Convertible case

i havnt came across any other cases that i would like, if anyone can give me some info on some good cases?
    01-17-12 02:51 PM
    also, i would purchase more accessories - if they didn't add up to nearly the cost of a second playbook - i cannot justify 70 dollars for a rapid travel charger, then another 70 dollars for say, the stand. then a case, then another 30 bucks for the screen protection, may as well use all that loot for a second playbook

for the price i paid for my playbook (over 5 bills) i could have gotten two 16gb devices with these sales, oh well - the cost of being an early adopter, plus i didn't pay for my entire playbook, it was partially a gift, cuz i live WAY below the poverty line! lol
    Last edited by buckwylder; 01-17-12 at 02:55 PM.
    01-17-12 02:53 PM
    Im using the BB leather sleeve. Its durable enough to protect my PB when im traveling and when im using it, i like it as is. its a durable solid well made device. The most ill do is probably order a skin.
    01-17-12 02:58 PM
    At home my PB is naked. When I take it out of the house I use a Hipstreet case (journal / convertible ? it has a flap with an elastic closure ... )
    01-17-12 03:01 PM
    I like my PlayBook naked on some days and with a case on other days.....I guess I like it any kind of way
    01-17-12 03:03 PM
    Mine is naked. I had the Journal case but had to give it to my wife. With the case, the Playbook felt 2-3 time thicker/bigger. I am using the BB leather sleeve and like how professional it looks. The sleeve doesn't add absolutely any bulk.
    01-17-12 03:21 PM
    The Otterbox definitely makes you forget how slim a naked pb really is. And the difficulty in removing the Otterbox means I've only seen mine naked about twice in the last 6 or 7 month.
    01-17-12 03:26 PM
    I always use my PB with no case. I use the neoprene sleeve that came with it when I throw it in my bag. Still looks mint (I got mine the week it launched).

I don't use a case for my Torch either. Cases add to much bulk.
    cogsinister likes this.
    01-17-12 03:27 PM
    the only case i use is the included pouch

mine has been completely naked from day one, except when in it's pouch (okay, that sentance sounded odd, hey?) lol....

anyways, all i have is an unused "invisible shield" - and it remains unused because i cannot stay off my playbook for the amount of time required for the screen proetctor to "cure", lol - because after installing the invisible shield, it takes a minimum of 12 hours to cure

because i rarely sleep, i also cannot tolerate even say, 4 hours of playbook downtime, lmao!!!!! i am that much of a blackberry feeeend

i am a "technical minimalist" - just invented the genre, right now, but what i mean is - my only 2 worldly posessions (seriously) are my blackberry smartphone and my playbook. i do not own anything else, except a skateboard for doing tricks and some music, oh and a cat, clothes, that's it

sorry for the long winded, seemingly random information, but i'm happiest when providing you all with an enjoyable read

peace, love, and chicken grease

Predictable for a marsupial. Out with friends it's "Poached".
    01-17-12 03:54 PM
    Naked at home, OEM Convertible for on the go.
    01-17-12 03:57 PM
    naked feels best always. now jimmy wrapper for my pb or any of my phones.
    01-17-12 04:40 PM
    Mine mostly rides inside its CaseMate Pop case, but I'll take it out at home if I'm gaming for very long, especially driving games. I also take it out whenever I show the PB to anyone. The case makes it look really thick. I also love the quick stand built in without the larger footprint that the journal type cases make. A case might seem pricey until you realize how much the item you're protecting costs. After my first drop on the sidewalk, where my PB came out unscathed, I realized that cases are a good investment.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-17-12 04:40 PM
    Naked at home, in the case that came wih it when on the move. Considering getting one of those that look like a book cover because they'd make it less obvious than habing it in my pockets. ><
    01-17-12 05:06 PM
    Mine is naked until tomorrow. I will get the Incase case thingy.
    01-17-12 05:09 PM
    I use the pb naked and store it in the BB sleeve

The pb seems to be durable. I dropped it once on a tile floor, it landed on the corner, and no scratches or internal damage
    01-17-12 05:33 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD