oh, don't forget Apple came up with the mouse right (zerox did ).
    02-11-12 09:48 PM
    "ISHEEP" ooo hahahaha JR that is soo true.

to many people have been "I-brainwashed"
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-11-12 09:49 PM
    Not totally sure on the "chicken - egg" argument on the gestures but I can say that ios5 has gestures in it. I think the Playbook was out before ios5.
    Actually. Palm originated the swipe and the cards. But I don't believe most here will acknowledge that.
    02-11-12 09:50 PM
    Bridge offers more than just email. In 2.0 it will offer much much more than it does now. I'm sure apple will copy quite a few things from Rim, I mean why wouldn't they? Rim is doing some great stuff with os2 that will make the sheep envious.
    But how will Apple copy exactly? The IPad 3 will run on iOS 5 which is already out.

Please explain. You know what? Never mind. Had my fair share of sophomoric drivel for today.

Cheers!
    02-11-12 09:54 PM
    Not totally sure on the "chicken - egg" argument on the gestures but I can say that ios5 has gestures in it. I think the Playbook was out before ios5.
    Gestures? When did they get gestures? Last time I checked one gesture that shows notifications and weather..isn't gestures that are pretty much what the OS is based on.
    h20work likes this.
    02-11-12 09:59 PM
    "In business, if you can't win honestly, then win otherwise"
    Kenny 2012

Anyway, thanks for another Alfred Adler thread. We just have too few of these on the front page
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-11-12 at 10:02 PM.
    02-11-12 09:59 PM
    Why would the iPad need to bridge?
    Why wouldn't they? Os2 and bridge has more to do than email. Have you even checked it out? If bridge was used for email only why would rim bother keeping it around with os2?The fact of the matter is bridge will allow us to do many cool things with the implementation of os2. 1+1=3
    02-11-12 10:03 PM
    Bridge is more than that amd you know it. When OS2 is finally out, it will be even more thqn what it already is.

Cup half empty, eh?
    Did you type this on your PlayBook by chance? I see you made all the same spelling mistakes that I normally do on mine!

But correct, I'm so stoked about OS2.0! Never in my life can I remember a time I've been so excited for a software update! I normally hate them haha. Have to learn everything all over again more times than not. (Like the newest Microsoft Office compared to Office XP. )
    diegonei likes this.
    02-11-12 10:06 PM
    The iPad has less functionality than TWO devices? It is debatable, but shouldn't it?

Sent from my NOOKcolor using Tapatalk
    I was responding to your comment about iOS' native email which is abysmal. It's not much of an advantage for those with BB phones when the non native bridge email has more features and capabilities than their native email.
    recompile likes this.
    02-11-12 10:12 PM
    Wonder what all the itrolls will troll about when we get native email and calander in the next couple of weeks..
    BBM. Until it gets that, it's not complete.
    02-11-12 10:13 PM
    It's not about just stealing ideas. It's about stealing ideas and making them better (or marketing them better.)
    02-11-12 10:20 PM
    Why would the iPad need to bridge?

All devices should have something like this. To save users $20-$30 a month in additional data plan costs (For those that do not have continous wifi access).

Though I doubt the carriers would stand for it if it was a widespread feature. In fact I think the only reason vzw/tmo and sprint do not seem to concerned is they all expect rim to not sell all that many devices on their networks in the near future. Sadly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by southlander; 02-12-12 at 01:31 AM.
    bigbmc26, soundwave and maddie1128 like this.
    02-11-12 10:23 PM
    Didn't RIM copy apple's tablet? Everyone is in this tablet trend thanks to Apple.

Microsoft/HP introduced their tablet at ces 2010. When they saw the iPad they scrapped their plans. Samsung modified their Galaxy 10 inch tab after seeing Apple iPad 2 thinness.

Apple copies rim with iMessage. Apple copies android notification center.

Android copies Apple's OS. Android original OS back in 2007 was originally copied from RIM.

So at this stage. Doesn't matter who is coping whom.

RIM just needs to get OS 1.0 out (lets cut this crap out about. 2.0 because the Playbook runs to about what amounts to beta software since its release without native email/calendar support.
    Where do people get this stuff?
    1) I would assume you are refering to the HP/MS Courier device. That was personally cancelled by Bill Gates (yes, he still is involved in the company) becuase he did not want to create OS fragmentation and duplication Micrososoft's own product line.
    2) Android is a lousy open source OS which is why it is used. It is hardly a copy of IOS, in spite of Jobs protests, and it certainly not a copy of anything from RIM. It is its own unique piece of garbage.
    3) As the courts continue to rule, the only people who think Samsung copied the iPad 2are Apple's lawyers. People also have an odd idea of how mass production works if they think Samsung said "hey we need to copy that" and then pulled a switch on an assembly line. This is not cartoon world.
    4) Tablets long predate the iPad.
    02-11-12 10:33 PM
    ipad3 has been rumord for a march release,how many things will it copy the of the playbook and make every isheep think they invented the feature, will we see them rob the bridge feature (iphone 2 ipad)? REAL multitasking? or even the great besel slide gestures?
    sorry for wrong spellings
    Perhaps you might check the RIM inferiority complex at the door. Why do you care what they do? BTW, if the iPad 3 is released on the rumored schedule, how are they copying anything from RIM? That would mean Apple locked down the iPad 3 feature set months before RIM actually got OS 2 out the door.
    Jfryton likes this.
    02-11-12 10:39 PM
    Wonder what all the itrolls will troll about when we get native email and calander in the next couple of weeks..
    Unless you go out of the way to bait them, they will probably do absolutely nothing since the Playbook is such a minor player it is not even on anyone's radar. BTW, all the rationalization one can muster will not change the fact that RIM embarrassed itself by releasing a tablet lacking the thing on which it built its reputation: email. Bridge simply does not count because they did not market the Playbook as a BB extension (which would have been smart) but as a product to compete on the same stage as Apple's iPad. Why would people even care about the fact that RIM has added a feature that every other tablet had at initial release? Oh, it is spelled calendar....
    02-11-12 10:47 PM
    if anyone has tablet and a phone it only makes sense ti bridge. i only use my phone for ohone calls. the rest of the time i am bridged and surf, email and everything else from the playbook. why would anyone not want to bridge?
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-11-12 11:00 PM
    ipad3 has been rumord for a march release,how many things will it copy the of the playbook and make every isheep think they invented the feature, will we see them rob the bridge feature (iphone 2 ipad)? REAL multitasking? or even the great besel slide gestures?
    sorry for wrong spellings
    You must have never tried an iPad 2. You can switch apps using multiple fingers and sliding to the side, much like on the Playbook using the bezel. Not to mention that RIM did not pioneer the QNX app switching, it was more of a WebOS thing.

Nonetheless, who cares? Are you really going to deny that the iPad 2 is a great product? It's not successful because consumers are misguided, it's just a good product.

Where do people get this stuff?
    1) I would assume you are refering to the HP/MS Courier device. That was personally cancelled by Bill Gates (yes, he still is involved in the company) becuase he did not want to create OS fragmentation and duplication Micrososoft's own product line.
    2) Android is a lousy open source OS which is why it is used. It is hardly a copy of IOS, in spite of Jobs protests, and it certainly not a copy of anything from RIM. It is its own unique piece of garbage.
    3) As the courts continue to rule, the only people who think Samsung copied the iPad 2are Apple's lawyers. People also have an odd idea of how mass production works if they think Samsung said "hey we need to copy that" and then pulled a switch on an assembly line. This is not cartoon world.
    4) Tablets long predate the iPad.
    Apple is upset at Samsung because they've been implementing a very iPhone-like experience with their Touchwiz UI overlay to the Android OS. It's well understood by a significant segment of the Android user base that Samsung has been more inspired by Apple than other manufacturers; up for debate is whether or not its an acceptable practice.

Sure, tablets predate the iPad; but not anything like the Playbook, TouchPad, or Honeycomb tablets we have today. That is like saying the first contemporary smaller-sized tablet was the Apple Newton; it's absurd to compare such a different product following drastic evolution.

Android was not "copied" from Apple, but was indeed inspired to some degree by the usability innovations put forth by Apple. Prior to the iPhone, Android was designed to be hardware agnostic (with attention to hardware similar to the Blackberry of the time) with a less-than-impressive touch interface. Post-iPhone, the OS was revamped to provide a more fluid experience though missing out on things like UI hardware acceleration. The inspiration is undeniable, but it's not plagiarism of any sort. Steve Jobs' issue with Android lay with the fact that Eric Schmidt had been on the Apple Board while the iPhone was developed, failing to notify Apple of the potential conflict of interest while Google developed a competing product in secret. It was a sense of personal betrayal and was an issue between the two individuals.

It is unreasonable to refer to either iOS or Android as inferior or fecal products. They provide a superior consumer experience at the moment and it's undeniable. They perform well in the marketplace because they can do more, with better hardware performance. We'll hopefully see the smoothness of QNX on Blackberry devices soon, but there's no comparing OS 6 and 7 to Android Ice Cream Sandwich or iOS 5; they're more capable to consumer uses.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-11-12 11:39 PM
    It's indeed a good product. I won't deny it. It's hard to admit but RIM has totally failed in marketing PB. Let's just hope that they learned something from it and prepare something better in the future. They still have a chance to survive and thrive, though.
    02-11-12 11:48 PM
    come on guys. just because most of us here are blackberry fans doesnt mean we cant give credit to apple. I believe apple products are overpriced and somewhat too restrictive but they did set the market standards in term of innovation and quality. i do prefer the playbook to the ipad2 but ill still check out the ipad3.

i gotta admit tho thqt i havent been impressed with the latest apple products. I just hope OS2 delivers so the competition heats up and we get better products from everyone.
    02-12-12 12:24 AM
    I didn't realize RIM invented "true" multitasking.

As for Bridge, there's no need; the iPad shipped with native e-mail.
    Because there can never be a reason to want to surf the web or get online with your tablet using your BB data connection without paying extra for a mobile hotspot or a cell package of its own. Thats just stupid.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-12-12 12:29 AM
    It's not successful because consumers are misguided, it's just a good product.
    LOL! Way too easy.
    02-12-12 12:30 AM
    All devices should have something like this. To save users $20-$30 a month in additional data plan costs (For those that do not have continous wifi access).

Though I doubt the carriers would stand for it if it was a widespread feature. In fact I think the only reason vzw/tmo and sprint do not seem to concerned is they all expect rim to not sell all that many devices on their networks in the near future. Sadly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Ta patalk
    No, I think the reason you now longer see AT&T & Verizon ect promoting BB is becuase they are pissed off about the $$$ they are loosing with Bridge. B4 Bridge, when you went into a store BB had it's own section & the staff were talking about how great it is. Now you go in there, & the BB's are in the back somewhere with no models on display. And when you ask about them, the sales person puts you down for using BB & tries to get you onto an Android or iPhone with a 6GB LTE data plan.
    ralfyguy and soundwave like this.
    02-12-12 01:20 AM
    Didn't RIM copy apple's tablet? Everyone is in this tablet trend thanks to Apple.
    I take your point but Apple did not invent the Tablet either, they have been around for years. Apple just made it desirable!
    Superfly_FR and soundwave like this.
    02-12-12 02:08 AM
    .... As for Bridge, there's no need; the iPad shipped with native e-mail. ...
    And ?
    A 3G extra plan (or the hope of a free wifi hotspot, a jailbraked phone, ...) .
    C'mon.

PS: as suggested many times, you may consider to unveil "who you are", at least by stating your devices in your profile.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-12-12 at 04:40 AM.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    02-12-12 04:37 AM
    I didn't realize RIM invented "true" multitasking.

As for Bridge, there's no need; the iPad shipped with native e-mail.

Yes, and if you don't have wi-fi access, and you don't want to pay for tethering fees, then you're out of options when it comes to accessing that oh so important "native e-mail.
    02-12-12 06:12 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD