ipad3 has been rumord for a march release,how many things will it copy the of the playbook and make every isheep think they invented the feature, will we see them rob the bridge feature (iphone 2 ipad)? REAL multitasking? or even the great besel slide gestures?
    sorry for wrong spellings
    ridemaster and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    02-11-12 08:51 PM
    Won't know until it gets released I suppose.
    02-11-12 08:56 PM
    But the iPad hasn't really needed any of those "stolen" ideas to sell, has it? Just playing devil's advocate.

Sent from my NOOKcolor using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 08:58 PM
    RIM only needs to steal one idea from Apple:

How to make money like a boss.

Get a life.
    02-11-12 09:00 PM
    ipad3 has been rumord for a march release,how many things will it copy the of the playbook and make every isheep think they invented the feature, will we see them rob the bridge feature (iphone 2 ipad)? REAL multitasking? or even the great besel slide gestures?
    I didn't realize RIM invented "true" multitasking.

As for Bridge, there's no need; the iPad shipped with native e-mail.
    Rello, jntrup and mokeikoberry like this.
    02-11-12 09:02 PM
    Who cares about the crypad ...
    02-11-12 09:04 PM
    RIM only needs to steal one idea from Apple:

How to make money like a boss.

Get a life.
    You might want to steel that one first, im sure you've done better than Mike L or Jim B.
    sk8er_tor and BerryDude28904 like this.
    02-11-12 09:04 PM
    Didn't RIM copy apple's tablet? Everyone is in this tablet trend thanks to Apple.

Microsoft/HP introduced their tablet at ces 2010. When they saw the iPad they scrapped their plans. Samsung modified their Galaxy 10 inch tab after seeing Apple iPad 2 thinness.

Apple copies rim with iMessage. Apple copies android notification center.

Android copies Apple's OS. Android original OS back in 2007 was originally copied from RIM.

So at this stage. Doesn't matter who is coping whom.

RIM just needs to get OS 1.0 out (lets cut this crap out about. 2.0 because the Playbook runs to about what amounts to beta software since its release without native email/calendar support.
    CHIP72, Rello, jntrup and 1 others like this.
    02-11-12 09:05 PM
    Wonder what all the itrolls will troll about when we get native email and calander in the next couple of weeks..
    02-11-12 09:08 PM
    Apple didn't bring the tablet out, they just made it popular. Apple didn't make the first mp3 player, again made it popular. Apple didn't make the first smartphone, just made it popular. More and more these days innovation doesn't sell products but your ability to make it popular does. That's what Apple has brought to the market, the ability to make a product popular.
    02-11-12 09:12 PM
    Not totally sure on the "chicken - egg" argument on the gestures but I can say that ios5 has gestures in it. I think the Playbook was out before ios5.
    02-11-12 09:13 PM
    Why would the iPad need to bridge?
    02-11-12 09:18 PM
    You might want to steel that one first, im sure you've done better than Mike L or Jim B.
    Thanks for the tip. Don't know what it has to do with my post, but thanks anyway.
    02-11-12 09:19 PM

Which has fewer features and capabilities than the PB's bridged email.
    recompile likes this.
    02-11-12 09:20 PM
    Why would the iPad need to bridge?
    For those as unfortunate as I am (unable to tether without an additional $300+ per year), I can bridge my wi-fi only Playbook to my BB Torch and use the bridge browser to access the net when away from home, etc. This uses my phones data plan.
    02-11-12 09:22 PM
    Screw these troll threads.
    02-11-12 09:23 PM
    Which has fewer features and capabilities than the PB's bridged email.
    The iPad has less functionality than TWO devices? It is debatable, but shouldn't it?

Sent from my NOOKcolor using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 09:23 PM

Bridge is more than that amd you know it. When OS2 is finally out, it will be even more thqn what it already is.

Cup half empty, eh?
    02-11-12 09:32 PM
    Didn't RIM copy apple's tablet? Everyone is in this tablet trend thanks to Apple.

Microsoft/HP introduced their tablet at ces 2010. When they saw the iPad they scrapped their plans. Samsung modified their Galaxy 10 inch tab after seeing Apple iPad 2 thinness.

Apple copies rim with iMessage. Apple copies android notification center.

Android copies Apple's OS. Android original OS back in 2007 was originally copied from RIM.

So at this stage. Doesn't matter who is coping whom.

RIM just needs to get OS 1.0 out (lets cut this crap out about. 2.0 because the Playbook runs to about what amounts to beta software since its release without native email/calendar support.
    Apple stole the idea from the GRiDPad and Samsung. Similar to the iPod and the iPaq from Compaq. Being original is so over rated....
    soundwave likes this.
    02-11-12 09:36 PM
    well apple with i, isteal. using the i for you name and so on is soo overrated nowadays
    you just see it everywhere lol.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-11-12 09:38 PM
    Bridge is more than that amd you know it. When OS2 is finally out, it will be even more thqn what it already is.

Cup half empty, eh?
    liar! All wifi only ipads can use the "native" browser on their "bridged" phones at anytime/anywhere
    diegonei likes this.
    02-11-12 09:40 PM

Cup half empty, eh?
    I am really excited to see the new bridge functions (remote, keyboard, etc). I wasn't all that concerned with the updates to the OS until I saw his screen go blue and he had bezel like gestures on his phone and the Playbook responded. That is the day I went from eh to yum.
    diegonei likes this.
    02-11-12 09:43 PM

Bridge offers more than just email. In 2.0 it will offer much much more than it does now. I'm sure apple will copy quite a few things from Rim, I mean why wouldn't they? Rim is doing some great stuff with os2 that will make the sheep envious.
    kbz1960 and bigbmc26 like this.
    02-11-12 09:45 PM
    well apple with i, isteal. using the i for you name and so on is soo overrated nowadays
    you just see it everywhere lol.
    GRiD Systems came up with the lower case i way back in 1979, the GRiDPad came out in '89. It's all good, they were just down the street from Apple. Easy to get your innovations from your neighbors.
    Bilaal likes this.
    02-11-12 09:46 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Don't know what it has to do with my post, but thanks anyway.
    Some here always resort to some kind of personal comment. Even when unprovoked.
    nasa25 likes this.
    02-11-12 09:47 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD