I'll be at a conference next week in Vegas and want to video most of it. Anyone know approx how many hours the Playbook can store? I know it only video 1.05 hours then you have to start a new video set. Thanks,
    11-03-11 08:39 AM
    If no one comes up with an answer, run the video (lowest setting if quality is not an issue) for 10 minutes, judge the size and estimate how much will fit. I would guess that like photos, the complexity of the scene/scenes would affect the size but you could get an estimate???? Also make sure you have sounds as that probably affects overall size, too.
    aspenedelen likes this.
    11-03-11 10:19 AM
    at 1080p, the bitrate is 16Mbps plus audio. So around 2MB/sec. This is ~9 hours.
    The bitrate is lower for smaller resolutions.
    @720p = ~18 hours
    @480p = ~54 hours
    11-03-11 10:42 AM
    I'll be at a conference next week in Vegas and want to video most of it. Anyone know approx how many hours the Playbook can store? I know it only video 1.05 hours then you have to start a new video set. Thanks,
    You want to record the entire conference as a video. Why bother attending the conference when you could just send your BlackBerry PlayBook in your stead and watch the conference proceedings at your leisure? And have you confirmed the conference organizer and/or presenters are agreeable to video recording of the conference?
    11-03-11 10:46 AM
    JustAnother, I seriously appreciate that info. I was about to call RIM to figure it out. Thanks,

I do want to record the entire conference as a video b/c it will be great training material for my employees back in S. Dakota. Taking notes is one thing but if you can watch a video to help train employees now and in the future that to me is much better than note taking.

The conference has no problem with taping either.
    11-03-11 12:25 PM
    also, keep in mind that the 4GB limit will be hit much quicker at 1080p. ~35 minutes or something.
    At 480p you should be able to catch over 3 hours before having to start a new recording.
    11-03-11 12:36 PM
    guess they fixed the issue of the 10 minute video cap, well thats good to know.
    11-03-11 10:38 PM
    You want to record the entire conference as a video. Why bother attending the conference when you could just send your BlackBerry PlayBook in your stead and watch the conference proceedings at your leisure? And have you confirmed the conference organizer and/or presenters are agreeable to video recording of the conference?
    This gives me an idea- perhaps I won't have to attend meetings anymore if I could make a cardboard cutout of myself with the playbook installed behind one of the eyes !

Great idea for students as well..

thanks!
    11-03-11 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD